Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's one thing to give the illusion of privacy and sneakily read their stuff. There will be no illusion in my household, when it comes to the internet. I will have access to everything, so everything they do should be under the assumption I can(and will) read it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea sorry, I'd be reading everything or it's zero access. With how fast stuff can get out of hand and have dire consequences just for texting words, it's in your best interest to monitor your child's interaction with tech.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My son is 4. We're surrounded by girls his age. One across the street, one next door, and two more a few houses away. I'm honestly more worried about what could happen in 10-12 years with them than I am about the internet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Noodle also plans to teach his kid how to ride a bike by popping him on top of a mountain bike and air dropping it into the middle of a freeway

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean my stepdad kinda did that to me. I bought a standard tranny car and I couldn't figure out how to leave the dealer lot. Stepdad said 'see you at home' and took off. What a harrowing adventure

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My son is 4. We're surrounded by girls his age. One across the street, one next door, and two more a few houses away. I'm honestly more worried about what could happen in 10-12 years with them than I am about the internet.

We have some of the same shit happening here. The neighbour girls are interested in spending time in the tree house with my two youngest, 11 and 14 year old boys. They are three girls, 15, 13, and 10. We're monitoring the situation...

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
We have some of the same shit happening here. The neighbour girls are interested in spending time in the tree house with my two youngest, 11 and 14 year old boys. They are three girls, 15, 13, and 10. We're monitoring the situation...

My cousins (who were practically siblings) were a few years younger than me and were in a similar situation. A few years ago, my male cousin told me they'd all, at like age 12-14, watch each other pee and poke each other in the vag/penis with twigs. It was some form of pre-internet "haha it's funny also look, vagina and penis" thing, not sexual, and it never went beyond that but still...thank fuck I wasn't involved in it. Even in a wholesome family environment shit can get weird. And we were pretty well supervised.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My cousins (who were practically siblings) were a few years younger than me and were in a similar situation. A few years ago, my male cousin told me they'd all, at like age 12-14, watch each other pee and poke each other in the vag/penis with twigs. It was some form of pre-internet "haha it's funny also look, vagina and penis" thing, not sexual, and it never went beyond that but still...thank fuck I wasn't involved in it. Even in a wholesome family environment shit can get weird. And we were pretty well supervised.

And now I'm going to ban the neighbour kids forever.

Nah, I hear what you're saying. And I trust my kids. But I don't trust other kids, and I'm not allowed to smack them.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider

5 year old girl next door already married my son and made him dance with her.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My kids KNOW skimming logs is possible at anytime.

Yeah you didn't say that part with the first post, and that's why I thought that. I projected myself into that same situation, and myself had no such understanding with my daughter. The 'feeling like garbage' was a response to that first post on the subject only. Capiche?

It brought back memories of when my parents read my sister's diary.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah as far as a diary or blog or whatever went, those are their private thoughts and that's fine, they can have those. I wouldn't go sneaking into their room looking for stuff to read.

And I mentioend in other posts they knew skimming happens. It was what they agreed to in order to be allowed on social media.

Either way, I just consider a proactive parent and I trust my kids to do the right things...but they are still kids for the most part and are still learning what those right things are in new situations as they arise.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Mine are 21 and 18, one now a senior in college and one will be a freshman next year. Living under my roof with me providing everything, they knew their internet activity was under scrutiny and they knew I knew how to find shit. I didn't regularly go through their logs but I did warn them enough and show them what I could find to get their attention.

My son bitches occasionally about letting him "live his life." I've told him he's 18, if he wants to join the military, let them provide him a living and see what "living your life" is like he's welcome to enlist. Otherwise as long as I'm paying for everything he has/needs, he's going to be accountable to me (and his mother, of course). His sister has figured out how good she has it, guess he will too eventually.

• 1Like

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Fundamentally I am on a different wavelength here.

I mean for a lot of stuff

FWIW I agree with you on this issue. 11 year old and 13 year old. Lots of talks about accountability and responsibility for their own choices, at the same time as I have rules I expect them to follow to the letter. Talking through the common dilemmas that they will encounter (boy/girl they like asking for dick/pussypicks, alcohol, drugs, friends being bullied, etc etc), and discussion options and having them consciously decide what they think the best way to handle situations are.
But reinforcing privacy. Since they were small, a closed door means daddy will have to knock before entering. A password means it’s private.
At a fundamental level I think there’s a disconnect between trying to raise independent souls, and monitoring them.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone else's wife refer to themselves in saucy texts as a "cumdumpster for you?" I'm on the fence on if it's hot. In the moment it is, rereading the texts is sometimes not.

• 1Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd be turned on by that. She always talks about wanting my dick but only talks about my cum when she wants to get pregnant, then she gets real saucy