Marriage and the Power of Divorce

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
With the way the diamond market works it is literally impossible to know if you are buying a blood diamond or not.

Philly D talking about these videos... (and yes I know the videos are gone, the diamond industry sued the dude into oblivion)

So either buy one and don't give a shit OR...look to another precious stone. Depending on the stone you can basically get something that is better looking at a good "Discount". A discount here IS NOT "Cheap" it's a discount from the main price to a sub price but precious stones generally hold their worth more-so than diamonds.

This is disappointing. If I bought any diamond I'd want it to be a blood diamond.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
OH....or you can get:

burn that shit down and get one of the rings:

View attachment 209497
View attachment 209498

People can't even tell when she wears one versus her real one. I bet most people here can't even tell which ones are real in these photos.

---

glass dildos are some classy shit

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Fuck your stupid salsa dancing bullshit. Why would I ever go to that?

Because she is going to get a dance partner. And you better hope and pray, that it turns out to be a super gay flamboyant dude. And then she is going to spend lots of times with this guy, close to him, touching him, feeling him.

If you are not going to dance, BE THERE at least.

If you are the kind of guy who likes their wife to go to parties by herself and rub and dance with other guys, that is cool too, I'm not judging.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because she is going to get a dance partner. And you better hope and pray, that it turns out to be a super gay flamboyant dude. And then she is going to spend lots of times with this guy, close to him, touching him, feeling him.

If you are not going to dance, BE THERE at least.

If you are the kind of guy who likes their wife to go to parties by herself and rub and dance with other guys, that is cool too, I'm not judging.

Yeah I am not remotely that paranoid. It's like the only hobby she has and she can't even find consistent classes for the kizomba stuff she actually wants.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I am biased because I'm used to the dance floor being the place where you hook up/touch/grab, flirt the most at parties.

Kizomba is a dance from Angola.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
rinoa-squall-whatever-me-irl-34224326.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
My wife completely surprised me when we were getting ready to get married. We had talked about rings before, and she was totally low maintenance about it so I wasn't worried. We had set a rough wedding date for 5-6 months down the line and everything was pretty casual. Then one day she goes, "I want a wedding rifle, not a wedding ring." She had been shooting maybe 10 times in her entire life, and never with me, so it was a real wtf moment. She did some research with me and picked a .22 out almost entirely based on looks and connecting with a really flat, monotone saleswoman. She then proceeded to go shooting every day with it for a few months. I don't ask questions about it because it is something we can both enjoy, but it completely came out of left field.

To be clear I'm not very outdoorsy and I've never been hunting, but I love target shooting, so our funny engagement pictures with me tongue-in-cheek on one knee presenting a rifle to her baffled and entertained both of our families. We also got an actual ring from an estate sale for $80 bucks that was pretty nice for actual, serious pictures.

• 2Like
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I lucked out my wife used a diamond from her great grandmother's ring. I'm sure it was dig out of the ground by child slaves in Africa but at least I didn't have to spend a shit ton a diamond.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
For mine, I used the gems from a ring I got when my grandmother passed. I've never liked diamonds anyway, and while the ring had a couple of them, what I really wanted was the bitchin' huge amethyst from the ring. Of course, I made up the price of buying new gems by getting my ring done in palladium, since I wanted it to be a little sturdier than the white gold. Came to $1750 from my cousins' jewelers (the owner was family friend to my grandmother as well, which helped). I'm paying for the wedding band portion of mine (and also his) and throwing the last four smaller amethysts into two pieces that go on either side of my engagement band and those are $2300. Shit, palladium must be expensive and I probably would have just gone with the white gold if I'd realized earlier it was the metal bumping the price up and not the work for the specific settings, etc. Oh well.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I bought my wife a moissanite stone, my wife had similar concerns to your future spouse, , ie diamonds are pretty unethical. No way you can tell it isn't diamond, unless you're a jeweller. It's not like diamonds are special, they're not that rare, and they're only expensive because the DeBeers of this world drip feed their warehouses full to artificially inflate the market. We got it on a palladium band (the stuff they use to make white gold), which was more expensive than gold but it is still nigh on perfect after 10 years, something you wouldn't be able to say for a yellow gold band, although if you want a yellow gold band then a silver metal isn't much use :)

We bought it from these guys: MoissaniteCo: Moissanite Jewelry Shop and I was a little edgy spending so much on a company over the internet, but the service was great.

iannis

Musty Nester
When it comes to dancing, you listen to the black guy. Or the Latin guy.the

Us white guys are good at a lot of things. Dancing simply is not one of them.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
a little sturdier than the white gold.

We wanted bulletproof durability since my wife is a klutz. We ended up getting a titanium ring. That was by far the most expensive part of the ring ($500? I forget), because it turns out that while titanium itself is cheap, welding prongs that small requires a specialty industrial laser welder (yes, there are lots of other options but we wanted it 100% titanium because it's cool).

My wedding band is titanium as well. $50 and it's indestructible. Safer than gold, too, since if I slam it in a car door it will shatter instead of deforming around my fingers and threatening amputation.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Getting my daily 30min dose of the trials and tribulations of a cushy office job. I don't need to hear it every day, nothing of any consequence is happening most days.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Getting my daily 30min dose of the trials and tribulations of a cushy office job. I don't need to hear it every day, nothing of any consequence is happening most days.
I got that too and she delivered mail solo...

• 1Worf