Marriage and the Power of Divorce

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Even at Raytheon I got 3 weeks (and funnily enough, Rhode Island paid me another $800/week or some amount I can't remember as some benefit they have). Are you a contractor though?
I worked for a non-profit on contract to the navy when my daughter was born. No clue what SAIC or BAH would have given me.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
We have FMLA in the US which by law allows you 3 months of unpaid leave. Some companies might pay you for it, most don't. It basically just says you can be out for 3 months and they have to let you keep your job. Pretty much every where I've worked, you just take your own PTO as a father.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It is my Wife's first day of Mat leave today.
She took the 18 month option that Canada added a few years back.
Pays only 33% of the salary but saves on expensive early day care costs, not to mention all the cooking and clearning i am expecting ;)

I admit i was a bit Jelly as i drove into the office this morning.

My company has six months fully paid for women, 2 for men. 18 months though, damn!

Only caveat is for both men and women you’re forced to use your remaining sick time, but it caps less than 100 hours anyway so no big deal.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We have FMLA in the US which by law allows you 3 months of unpaid leave. Some companies might pay you for it, most don't. It basically just says you can be out for 3 months and they have to let you keep your job. Pretty much every where I've worked, you just take your own PTO as a father.
Yup, I used my PTO for the time I took, but I could have taken the 3 months if I wanted to. I wanted to, but I wasn't about to lose 10 weeks of income. So I only got two weeks when my daughter was born.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And it was a great excuse to get away from a crying baby for 8 hours a day!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
And it was a great excuse to get away from a crying baby for 8 hours a day!
Image result for yup gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My company has six months fully paid for women, 2 for men. 18 months though, damn!

Only caveat is for both men and women you’re forced to use your remaining sick time, but it caps less than 100 hours anyway so no big deal.
Isn't that only true if you're going out on short term disability (woman)?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Isn't that only true if you're going out on short term disability (woman)?

The baby bonding thing is quite similar to what they do for short term disability.

While you’re on baby bonding you lose all access to your work phone / laptop / and you can’t even use your key card to get in the building(s.). Same thing for people on STD, which is only 3 contiguous days off.

Which is actually great as it stops you from being tempted to work / answer emails while off.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
In California, if you pay into state disability tax you are eligible for up to 6 weeks' paid leave at up to 60% of your salary to bond with the newborn. I took it for both my kids after my wife went back to work. I supplemented with PTO so my pay doesn't decrease while I was out

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah California laws are pretty solid about that. All my friends have had at least six weeks - some waaayyy more.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am pretty sure I am about a millimeter away from giving my wife her first orgasm in her life. The other day I was hitting her hard with the vibrator and she yelled at me in the most demonic out of breath voice TURN IT UP WHAT THE FUUUUUCK and took my hand from me and said LET ME DO IT! Her body then begin lifting at the pelvis like two feet off and rapid slams back down. It was wild.

Then she meekly said "this is too much" and stopped. I'm pretty sure she was right there

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I am pretty sure I am about a millimeter away from giving my wife her first orgasm in her life. The other day I was hitting her hard with the vibrator and she yelled at me in the most demonic out of breath voice TURN IT UP WHAT THE FUUUUUCK and took my hand from me and said LET ME DO IT! Her body then begin lifting at the pelvis like two feet off and rapid slams back down. It was wild.

Then she meekly said "this is too much" and stopped. I'm pretty sure she was right there
You need to just get your hand in there and pound on her g-spot when she's at that point. Don't stop, even if she asks you to(DISCLAIMER: no means no). She may squirt(piss) a bit, but she'll thank you for it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Ever

Would you guys prefer if I complain about her instead
I actually like this. You guys have a problem in your marriage and you both are keeping at it. I personally think it's awesome that you aren't giving up.

Recently purchased one of these to good results.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not a problem I guess. I mean existentially kind of. She told me it's her biggest dream.

Yes I've told her to masturbate. She's just not willing to do that yet. Ive turned her into a sexual beast but there's still work