Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Hosix

All labs matter!
Yeah well I'm a dad so I have no social life

Just never been a big drinker

Same...my social life consists of kids soccer games and flag football. Plus taking my kids fishing. For those that have done that you know the struggle is real on that one.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I drink wine with dinner often. Have a beer sitting with friends on the weekends. Periodically get out the whiskey for after dinner delights on weekends. Have a gin and tonic in nice weather. I hate feeling shitty the next morning, so it isn't worth drinking hard to me. Plus I'm a control freak, and I don't like being out of control. That may be what has kept me away from drugs.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't believe this. Tell us the real reason you don't drink.
I wish it had been otherwise, but when you drink half a bottle of vodka and barely get buzzed, it's just a really expensive shitty tasting beverage.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
These days, I drink on the weekends and every once in a while I smoke some pot. In my teens and 20s, though? Forget it. I did everything under the sun. Glad to have come out the other side relatively healthy and normal.

Says Florida man?

• 1Like

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
I don't drink at all, I get no pleasure from it, and as I've said I can be tested at any time, not that I want to do drugs either. My wife drinks wine, mostly, maybe like a bottle a month. She'd probably smoke weed if her job didn't drug test but it does.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I drink a ton in the summer golfing, hanging by the pool etc. Winter I get my fix eating pastries like a real man

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Edibles are not worth the trouble imo. Takes hours to kick in, you’ll have zero idea how high you’ll be until it’s too late to do anything about it, and 50% of the time nothing happens at all. That’s my experience at least. Just buy a pre-rolled joint, take one hit, and instantly enjoy your newfound relaxation. So much easier to control/manage this way.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
and as I've said I can be tested at any time,

You keep saying that as if there's not ways to get your piss clean within an hour. Takes a few days to get your hair clean. How are they testing you? The only people I ever knew to get hair tests got advance warning. The one pothead was able to stall for a week without raising suspicion because the employer thought it would detect over 30 days worth of drug use.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
You keep saying that as if there's not ways to get your piss clean within an hour. Takes a few days to get your hair clean. How are they testing you? The only people I ever knew to get hair tests got advance warning. The one pothead was able to stall for a week without raising suspicion because the employer thought it would detect over 30 days worth of drug use.

You know what's way easier to me than getting my piss clean? Just not doing drugs in the first place. Makes it very low-stress when they test. And they do. And yeah, my family relies on my income, it's not worth any kind of bullshit trying to "get clean" in 24 hours.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It's coming off as a mealy mouthed excuse because you don't have the courage to just say no. Worrying about a piss test is as bad as people who quote reefer madness as their reason to be clean. In truth I was doing you a favor by making sure you knew there were ways to get clean because your level of conviction makes me think you're going to buckle sooner or later.

At least we finally got this derail back on the topic of marriage and family responsibilities.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
It's coming off as a mealy mouthed excuse because you don't have the courage to just say no. Worrying about a piss test is as bad as people who quote reefer madness as their reason to be clean. In truth I was doing you a favor by making sure you knew there were ways to get clean because your level of conviction makes me think you're going to buckle sooner or later.

At least we finally got this derail back on the topic of marriage and family responsibilities.

Dude there's no trolling in this section of the forum. There's nothing wrong, or mealy-mouthed, about protecting your income and staying drug-free. It has absolutely fucking nothing in common with people who say "reefer madness."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Edibles are not worth the trouble imo. Takes hours to kick in, you’ll have zero idea how high you’ll be until it’s too late to do anything about it, and 50% of the time nothing happens at all. That’s my experience at least. Just buy a pre-rolled joint, take one hit, and instantly enjoy your newfound relaxation. So much easier to control/manage this way.

Whut. Doesn’t work 50 percent of the time?

I’m no hardcore stoner but I keep a freezer bag full of edible gummies as a coworker gets them by the hundreds for free.

A 5-10mg gummy takes me 30-45 minutes to kick in, and after you’ve done it before you pretty much know exactly how you’re going to react.

Maybe those are issues for homemade edibles but not an issue with the ones made by weed companies and sold at dispensaries.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Bro just because you get offended doesn't mean anyone is trolling. Im taking this derail much more seriously than it deserves.

It's the fact that you have to keep telling us that makes it sound like you're trying to convince yourself.