Marriage and the Power of Divorce

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

giphy.gif

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
One year ago yesterday I got back to my house after I nasty separation which my ex now claims she never wanted. Sucks when all your communication is via text, it's pretty hard to keep revising history when I can just scroll up to the part where she asked me for a divorce. My oldest turned 18 this month and wants nothing to do with the ex either due to the constant excuses, bullshit, retardation, and straight up dishonesty and deceit.

This is what I walked into a year ago.
IMG_20180817_221850935 - Copy.jpg

This was after she "Cleaned up" for me.

My backyard looked like Vietnam.

IMG_20180818_145842556_HDR - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180818_145838423_HDR - Copy.jpg

This was my bedroom. Again...after she "cleaned" for me. That window hadn't been opened in years, and that's my fucking fault for tolerating it. But I made excuses for her horseshit behavior and thought we were a partnership. We were not. She was a parasite living off my back and contributed very little to my life.
IMG_20180817_221959413 - Copy.jpg

10 man hours to clean that shithole up and get to the point where we could go to bed.
IMG_20180818_103342437 - Copy.jpg

The ex and I made about 140k a year, with her making double what I did. That was her justification, that she made so much more money, she felt that was her contribution. Except she basically spent every single penny she made on bullshit. This is what was left over after she "moved out" and left for me to clean up. This pic was taken on the last day she was legally allowed to pick it up before it became my property and I could charge her for the disposal of it. That's a 2 car garage.
IMG_20181122_171918727 - Copy.jpg

If they don't contribute to your life, fucking get rid of them. They're not worth it. Today I work 60-70 hours a week to afford the mortgage and pay off the divorce and all the debts associated with it, but my bank account doesn't constantly have money disappearing from it. It's fucking amazing. I have to do all the housework myself, but it turns out that the house actually stays pretty clean as it is. I have to do all the yard work too, but I did all that before, and now it's just catching up on an entire summer of neglect last year. I've still got all the normal homeowner disasters to deal with like leaking pipes and broken cars, but I just decided that since I don't have the money to pay people to do that shit anymore, I'd get back to my roots (dad was a master tradesman) and start wrenching and building shit myself. I spend over 100 hours a week either working or working on the house and my property and I've gotta say...it's a much happier life. I don't miss her at all. I don't miss the bullshit, I don't her paycheck, and I don't miss the sex. Dating today is easier than it's ever been. There's zero excuse to live like I was, fellas. You're just making excuses for her. I was the one doing most of the work, I was just unwilling to make the extra steps to do ALL the work.

I regret wasting so much time on someone I thought was a partner, but really had no interest in me or anything I wanted and was only in it for herself.

Oh, and now I'm back to enjoying my property instead of it encroaching on my homestead. Just need to fill in that fucking pool and pave over it.

IMG_20190720_205227257 - Copy.jpg

• 9Like
  • 3WTF
Reactions: 11 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One year ago yesterday I got back to my house after I nasty separation which my ex now claims she never wanted. Sucks when all your communication is via text, it's pretty hard to keep revising history when I can just scroll up to the part where she asked me for a divorce. My oldest turned 18 this month and wants nothing to do with the ex either due to the constant excuses, bullshit, retardation, and straight up dishonesty and deceit.

This is what I walked into a year ago.View attachment 219631

View attachment 219632View attachment 219633

This was my bedroom. Again...after she "cleaned" for me. That window hadn't been opened in years, and that's my fucking fault for tolerating it. But I made excuses for her horseshit behavior and thought we were a partnership. We were not. She was a parasite living off my back and contributed very little to my life.
View attachment 219635

10 man hours to clean that shithole up and get to the point where we could go to bed.View attachment 219636

The ex and I made about 140k a year, with her making double what I did. That was her justification, that she made so much more money, she felt that was her contribution. Except she basically spent every single penny she made on bullshit. This is what was left over after she "moved out" and left for me to clean up. This pic was taken on the last day she was legally allowed to pick it up before it became my property and I could charge her for the disposal of it. That's a 2 car garage.
View attachment 219637

If they don't contribute to your life, fucking get rid of them. They're not worth it. Today I work 60-70 hours a week to afford the mortgage and pay off the divorce and all the debts associated with it, but my bank account doesn't constantly have money disappearing from it. It's fucking amazing. I have to do all the housework myself, but it turns out that the house actually stays pretty clean as it is. I have to do all the yard work too, but I did all that before, and now it's just catching up on an entire summer of neglect last year. I've still got all the normal homeowner disasters to deal with like leaking pipes and broken cars, but I just decided that since I don't have the money to pay people to do that shit anymore, I'd get back to my roots (dad was a master tradesman) and start wrenching and building shit myself. I spend over 100 hours a week either working or working on the house and my property and I've gotta say...it's a much happier life. I don't miss her at all. I don't miss the bullshit, I don't her paycheck, and I don't miss the sex. Dating today is easier than it's ever been. There's zero excuse to live like I was, fellas. You're just making excuses for her. I was the one doing most of the work, I was just unwilling to make the extra steps to do ALL the work.

I regret wasting so much time on someone I thought was a partner, but really had no interest in me or anything I wanted and was only in it for herself.

Oh, and now I'm back to enjoying my property instead of it encroaching on my homestead. Just need to fill in that fucking pool and pave over it.

View attachment 219638

And she wants you back now? I'll bet.

Hosix

All labs matter!

View attachment 219635

10 man hours to clean that shithole up and get to the point where we could go to bed.View attachment 219636

View attachment 219637

View attachment 219638

Jesus fucking Christ....fix the pool and get into the gym. Then get some fine young talent to come over to swim.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Jesus fucking Christ....fix the pool and get into the gym. Then get some fine young talent to come over to swim.

Fuck the pool. Waste of time and energy. My recent home appraisal stated "Pools provide no value at this latitude."

Filling the fucker in and I'll build a gaming gazebo there or something. Just gotta take care of some other shit first.

And she wants you back now? I'll bet.

Probably, but I haven't so much as seen her since November. No interest, I'm done living in the past and she's part of the past.

Busy making my life great again, I don't need any saboteurs anymore.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ha. You say you'll stop at three. Soon you'll join me in the five-crotch-spawn club.
I've got three at 6, 4, & 2 and I'm content and don't feel like anymore. However the wife says she wants one more, but I'm like you can't keep shit up and handled with 3, why would I want to add a fourth, and she doesn't give a shit.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 219635

View attachment 219637

View attachment 219638

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I'd rehab the pool. Pools are awesome.

Of course, I don't own one...

The one year we had the pool open, we dumped 55 gallons of chlorine into it. It's 20x40, 12 feet deep. It's a lot of fucking expense just to keep running, let alone rehab.

Although, I will admit that the decision is going to be made when I see who I'm with then and how many hot friends she has.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Our best friends live a little up the street. They have a pool. We help maintain it because we're there almost every day. It's a bit of work, but once you have it up and running it's really not a big deal. Also, you get to see all your friends in a bikini, and that's not bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You know. All these years. I thought I was the only one... But fuck I wasnt

How many of you dudes have wives that don't clean or.do shit all day? Now my wife has the kids, but god damn.

Btw my house is nowhere near as bad as cutlery