Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I had a similar conversation with my wife. We had an "airing of grievances" last week that actually went a lot better than I expected. One of her complaints is that I get angry too easily/often. I pulled up my literal list of grievances(that we'd already been over) and made hand gestures. She backed down but still asked if it was something I could work on. It was nice to find a compromise for once that was based on some logical middle ground.
She used a cheat code to get out of personal responsibility. Nothing has changed.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Me and the wife are going on 24 yrs now, married for almost 20 of them. And we went though some shit at about the 7-8 yr mark, but we came out the other end with a deeper appreciation for each other and Im glad we did. Our kids are almost there, one is about to be 18 and the other is 15, going to be freshman. I kind of lucked out with her because she has the same beliefs that I do, shares the same likes and were definitely best friends. Just like you above peeps, yeah, shes a slob but we manage to keep the house at about 80%- 85% clean and thats good enough for me and her. Usually we have family over for Christmas which makes us do a once a year thorough clean. During the week I take care of the kitchen and cooking shit, while she takes care of the laundry and other shit so it woks out. the kids do some of the shit now, like their bathroom every few weeks, vacuum and their rooms. The outside is usually me and the older kid and my wife does all the spring time planting of flowers and shit like that. The younger one likes the cooking stuff so hes helping me in there more and more and at the same time learning how to cook and shit.

The pool thing was great when kids were younger. We basically had a pool ever since the kids were really young, started with the Intex blow up 12-15"ft ones we put up every summer, then worked our way up to a more permanent 18Ft round that I got a good deal on on craigs-list brand new in box for $600 with filter. Put that bitch in myself too. Which had me digging the back yard with a big slope for the better of one spring to get a level spot. And yeah we used the shit out of it. It got our asses outside many a summer when if we did not have it we would just be inside int he AC. But now the kids are using it less and less at their age. Usually they get hyped for it at the beginning of summer and then it dies off where no one is using it by late July. So proabbly within the next few years were gonna take the bitch out. Its not really expensive, maybe $200-250 per year? But im tired of opening and closing plus maintaining the bitch if no one is using it anymore.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol, fucking A you guys make me laugh.

For me, I never had the desire to improve anything or make the house nice in any way. Why bother? The rest of it is a complete shithole anyway.
This is exactly it for me. Not only do I not want to do anything around the house, but I also don't want to do any part of the cleaning either. The wife blames the kids, just like mentioned above, and it's true. Within a day of making the house spotless, the kids will have destroyed the whole thing. That's extremely frustrating, but can be overcome by taking a few minutes at the end of every day. Comes down to pure laziness. Wife will say that she knows she has to clean, and needs to clean, but the kids go down at night and she's so drained that she doesn't want to do a single thing except veg and watch TV. So hence it doesn't get done and the cycle repeats the next day.

Once a month? I got kids, the place is destroyed 3 minutes after cleaning
^^

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had a pool growing up and it was awesome. Huge ass inground pool. Like 18x30. Loved that shit as a kid. My house was always popular due to both that and having miles of woods directly behind the house. Like mkopec said, it mostly became less used as we got older (except for get togethers in high school when the parents were out of town), but I have very fond memories of that pool. My dad took exceptional care of it. Always sparkling and clear.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The things we asked of each other generally take more than a week to see real change. I'm not going to stop being a hothead overnight and the budget, since it is an average of at least 6 months, isn't going to start returning to normal numbers until after at least a few months of good behavior.

She agreed to address some of the points in the first paragraph of the below post. I have a list written out, but it's at home right now. It is long and I wouldn't expect anyone to improve themselves in such a drastic manner and time period, it's just not reasonable.

She's already agreed to cancel some of her subscription services and count her hobby purchases more accurately as fun money. The clothing stuff will just take time.

Let me be clear, my post earlier today was nowhere near the entirety of our discussion. Just the facet that pertained to Cutlery's post. The discussion was over 2 hours and would take a while to properly summarize. If all that happened was "u mad bro", well....I would be mad bro.

Well, maybe I said it with that purpose then. I'm tired of working 45-50 hours a week and then getting nagged for not spending enough time with my kid. I'm tired of putting up with my shitty, uninteresting, but well-paying job only to see my money all gone. I'm tired of facing the prospect of the next 20-30 years having sex once a week at best. I'm tired of having to maintain a house and 2 acres by myself. I'm tired of having a housewife but I still frequently have to help her with cleaning the kitchen or folding laundry. I'm tired of having a wife that doesn't realize the ideals she half-ass supports incidentally puts her at odds with my gender.

I know these are a list of one-sided gripes, I'm sure she has her own valid ones. Like putting up with a husband that's miserable 24/7. To that point and my overall point, you need something to look forward to. Even if it's only subconscious, you need something to anticipate to make the bullshit tenable. I don't have that right now. There's nothing at the end of the day that makes the above worthwhile.

Maybe you're right, it wasn't right to say that, and I was just lashing out.

I apologize for the blog-like posts. In these type of matters, I prefer the honesty of strangers over friends and family(yes, which I realize supports going to a counselor). And I somewhat suspect the aforementioned like her more than me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I had a pool growing up and it was awesome. Huge ass inground pool. Like 18x30. Loved that shit as a kid. My house was always popular due to both that and having miles of woods directly behind the house. Like mkopec said, it mostly became less used as we got older (except for get togethers in high school when the parents were out of town), but I have very fond memories of that pool. My dad took exceptional care of it. Always sparkling and clear.
We grew up with one too, and I really hope I can do it for my daughter before she gets too old. We have a community pool at my townhouse, but nothing beats having your own private one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
We grew up with one too, and I really hope I can do it for my daughter before she gets too old. We have a community pool at my townhouse, but nothing beats having your own private one.
Aren't you at the latitude where pools are pretty much required?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I'd almost say you could turn it into a giant fire pit.

How many dumptrucks is it going to take to fill that thing in? More than 1.
Think of how many bodies you could put in that thing. Pool looks huge Cutlery Cutlery

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Probably not. But it is summer home to a fuckload of turtles.

I dunno where this prehistoric shit came from, but thankfully he meandered off.View attachment 219682

I never wanted the pool to begin with, but she "couldn't live without it." We had the house 9 years. It was open one summer.

Honestly, I'm just sad I didn't wake the fuck up sooner. I wasted a lot of my life on someone who was never a partner and never gonna appreciate anything I did.

Here's how it starts - the house is a shithole, you get annoyed and ask her to clean. She fucks off and ignores you. Then you get pissed and tell her to clean up her shit, and then she tells you that you have an anger problem and she doesn't deserve to be yelled at. Rinse and repeat for a few years until you actually start to believe that shit. Then she starts calling you abusive because you came home and "got pissed for like, no reason."

And then people start believing her because she starts the story right there and no one is ever allowed over at the house so no one sees. But once you show the whole story, who's abusing who becomes extremely apparent.
Fuck it make it a giant coy pond. Make all your Asian neighbors jealous as fuck you got more 50x more coy than them.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
How ya gonna watch 5 kids when you only have 2 eyes?!?
1566236150708.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
It takes a lot of shit to elicit sympathy for a snapping turtle but look at that poor bastard trying to learn how to climb steps so he can escape the starvation pit. Probably just had to eat his own family because the frog rations ran out.
There's that ole Picasso that's been gone all these years. Keep it up amigo.

On the flip side. Last GF was so anal about cleaning I'd have to wipe the sink down after using so no water stains could be seen. What's worse? Semi slob or anal about cleaning?