Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Izo

Tranny Chaser
...edit Not worth discussing, as I don't really care spend enough time talking about a pair of boobs that haven't been on this forum for quite some time.
Speaking of which, any more :ravvenn: tits from uncle Blazin?
Here are some we all remember, while we wait...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Family. Grr. My wife met my aunt that is my mom's sister for the first time over the hollidays. My mom and her are not close at all, which explains why she's never met her.

"Ohh you two are so cute, you remind me of my other sister and her husband a lot". Which sparked off a long discussion between family. I should have just bailed or went to take a nap. I knew what was coming. The aunt and uncle she referred to drove each other nuts until that aunt died. They got divorced from each 3 times over the years and married other people, then got another divorce and remarried each other. I really appreciate that being thrown out that we remind you of those two nutcases.

Then mom helped, "well they knew how to push buttons well kind of like you". Thanks mom.
Christmas I'm sitting out in the woods if I have to all alone.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I used to be one of the biggest Christmas nuts ever but over the years it's made me bitter and each year it gets worse. I try not to be but it's hard.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Christmas sucks. Lots of expectations that don't fit the reality for many people.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I gave up on all expectations a while back, at least when it comes to silly shit like holidays. Easy for me to do though, not much family here and my wife is down with it also.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
For me it’s myself having memories growing up with my family, waking up and opening gifts with my brother and parents. It was awesome.

My two oldest have no such memories with me, and never will. And it kills me more and more inside each year.

Borzak

Christas was never that big of a deal for my family. I guess I'm lucky in that way. Thanksgiving was the big family holiday of them all gathering together. All the men hunting for a week. All the women doing what they do for a week. Christmas was just get up and open gifts and a meal and move on.

Of course that's back when you could pull a kid out of school for 7-10 days and they never asked anything.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
For me it’s myself having memories growing up with my family, waking up and opening gifts with my brother and parents. It was awesome.

My two oldest have no such memories with me, and never will. And it kills me more and more inside each year.

I wouldn't sweat it, they don't know Christmas should be any different than it is, this is their childhood and everything is new to them. They'll remember the good times you give them whether it is on Christmas morning or not. Stay strong dad-bro.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wouldn't sweat it, they don't know Christmas should be any different than it is, this is their childhood and everything is new to them. They'll remember the good times you give them whether it is on Christmas morning or not. Stay strong dad-bro.

I get that...but our xmas is basically just a gift exchange in a hotel. Not many great childhood memories are in hotels. Usually, thats when you're older and your wife is at home still.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I get that...but our xmas is basically just a gift exchange in a hotel. Not many great childhood memories are in hotels. Usually, thats when you're older and your wife is at home still.

Don't take this as criticism because it's not meant as it.

Christmas isn't about exchanging gifts. it's about doing fun shit with the family, being close, and knowing "these are my people". Re-orient what you do with them around Christmas to be some fun shit, neverminding gifts (give them the gifts too, but remember the gifts are NOT why you are there). If you're just meeting in a hotel swapping gifts and then peace out, then yea thats boring and they will not remember it. Make it something memorable.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I get it and I’m aware of what Christmas is all about.

my memories of Christmas of waking up the parents so we could cook breakfast together, build a fire, out in music and open gifts and spend the day together is what I’m referring to. No matter what I do, spending our Christmas together (New Years) will never have that sort of vibe. And it bums me out, a lot.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I get it and I’m aware of what Christmas is all about.

my memories of Christmas of waking up the parents so we could cook breakfast together, build a fire, out in music and open gifts and spend the day together is what I’m referring to. No matter what I do, spending our Christmas together (New Years) will never have that sort of vibe. And it bums me out, a lot.

I can totally understand where you are coming from. I have those same memories, and, not to rub anything in, I am building those same memories with my own family. Christmas morning I wake everyone up with the same list of songs we've been playing for 16 or so years. Everyone sings along while we all do our various tasks - make breakfast, build a fire, heat cider, etc. It's just a magical time, and if that was denied me I would be so crushed.

Again, this is not meant to rub anything in, it's meant to convey to you how sorry I am that you're experiencing that. I can only imagine how difficult it is.

On the plus side, your kids love you. And that's no small thing.

• 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can totally understand where you are coming from. I have those same memories, and, not to rub anything in, I am building those same memories with my own family. Christmas morning I wake everyone up with the same list of songs we've been playing for 16 or so years. Everyone sings along while we all do our various tasks - make breakfast, build a fire, heat cider, etc. It's just a magical time, and if that was denied me I would be so crushed.

Again, this is not meant to rub anything in, it's meant to convey to you how sorry I am that you're experiencing that. I can only imagine how difficult it is.

No man I would never be salty over someone else having that, I'm glad you did.

I did as a child too.

I always looked forward to it as an adult. It wasn't int he cards for me though, and its a large, bitter pill to swallow.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm in a weird spot in that when I was young, about 5th grade and younger, we had that kind of tradition. But after that we didn't, and then I moved away and did the military thing etc so I'm pretty far removed from it. Our Christmas morning probably looks nothing like lurkingdirk's, or the type you'd remember. The kids don't care though, it's all about us, we just hang out and do our nerd shit and open gifts. Kids are great man, no matter how fucked up we are they don't really care, they're just happy to be a part of it.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Once your kids get older they'll watch a bunch of hallmark movies end to end and realise how abused they were at a young age for not having christmas like the people on the hallmark movies.

• 1Worf

iannis

Musty Nester

If you were my dad I would stab you.

Christmas is about cookies. And quiet contemplation of what the birth of Christ means to you. And maybe you get drunk one night and act stupid because even stupid family is family.

We have very different families! It's the women in my family that do all that... and we'll indulge them because why be a dick about it?

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I used to be annoyed that my wife had us do Christmas eve at her parents. They are Filipino and they basically do everything on Christmas eve. Party, dinner, gifts, etc. By the time actual Christmas morning rolls around, the kids sleep in until like 10am. I wanted them to have the same memories I did, of me and my siblings waking up super early and finding all the gifts under the tree, etc. This past year, I've come around to Cad Cad 's way of thinking. The kids enjoy it regardless and they won't miss something that they never had. Plus, I'm ok with not being woken up at 5am on Christmas morning and looking like the Walking Dead, like my parents.

• 1Solidarity