Marriage and the Power of Divorce

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm willing to let this debate continue if you are capable of discussing race with out getting emotional or being racist.

Since I know you animals cannot do this I look forward to infracting people.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Race is not a thing when it comes to divorce.

Wrong.

Its not the SOLE contributor.

But to say it is NOT A FACTOR AT ALL?

That is you being in denial. Of course it is.

Could a strong social structure and culture negate the material effects of it? Prolly. Do you know how much influence those structures would require to negate it? No, you dont.

@a_skeleton_02

Define "Racist".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm willing to let this debate continue if you are capable of discussing race with out getting emotional or being racist.

Can you guys quit with the racism. TIGGLES is asking

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
LachiusTZ LachiusTZ
There is a difference between, race genetics and culture. Like I said the US is one of the world leading countries in terms of divorce.
Error - Cookies Turned Off this link contains the stats for Africa
1578421620769.png

Some of those countries have rates lower than the USA.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lendarios Lendarios

Hell, the culture / social aspect is glaring if you look at the often repeated 1950s black single mother / nuclear family stats.

or the 1890 stats for the same thing.

Its just not feasible with the system rigged the way it is, social pressure as it is, etc. There are a mountain of factors that go into these issues.

Its not simple. And its very difficult to address, and exponentially more difficult to fix. Which is why it isnt fixed, and isnt being fixed.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Dude, I just read the last few pages and other than Khane Khane being his typical dipshit-self no one has done anything wrong. Cad Cad brought up two specific races because he and his wife are White and Asian, then Khane shouted racists because he is so woke and loves to tell people how to live their lives.

We have no need for @a_skeleton_02 in this thread because Khane is here to tell us how to live.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Things are fine in here, but as Tigs said: Keep it that way and try to discuss this stuff on a more civilized tone than we talk about it elsewhere in the forum.

If you need to be told specifically and with 100% accuracy of what that means, then you don't belong in the grown up section.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Lendarios Lendarios

Hell, the culture / social aspect is glaring if you look at the often repeated 1950s black single mother / nuclear family stats.

or the 1890 stats for the same thing.

Its just not feasible with the system rigged the way it is, social pressure as it is, etc. There are a mountain of factors that go into these issues.

Its not simple. And its very difficult to address, and exponentially more difficult to fix. Which is why it isnt fixed, and isnt being fixed.
You are right, there are a mountain of factors involved in the divorce rate, none of them have to do with one race being inferior to the other, or our genetics.
It’s an interesting question and problem as to *why* those numbers are different. I’m not sure I believe that black people are inherently stupid or inferior. But they are *different* in ways, and figuring out why that is will help us to unlock what about our genetics make us what we are.
People in Africa with the same genes as here have lower divorce rate, so it definitely is not on the genes. There is a huge cultural part that involves the individual's race but that has nothing to do with genetics.

Regarding fixing, it doesn't need fixing, divorce rate is not a problem. All those Hispanics families than don't divorce. Some of them are pretty miserable and the only reason they don't divorce is because is viewed in an unfavorable light by their peers.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Regarding fixing, it doesn't need fixing, divorce rate is not a problem.

The commonly-cited reason to be concerned about divorce rate is that children of divorce have worse outcomes than children of lasting marriages. However, for me that point needs some refinement to to be compelling, since I've never seen an outcome comparison between children of divorce vs children of shitty, hostile marriages. Of course kids in happy multi-parent homes do better, but that isn't exactly what's measured by "parents married".

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I agree with you.

Plenty of people who divorce are excellent parents. This thread have some of them.
There is a difference between being born out of wedlock, which usually means absentee father, and being born in wedlock and then the parents divorced after.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe the "some college" women have such a high divorce rate because they somehow blame the marriage on preventing them from completing college, and thus possibly their failure to attain a good job or what have you on the marriage?

Wait to get married 20+ years after they graduate. I had a plan. I never said it was a good plan.

MachRed

Molten Core Raider
Help me decide. I'm 36

Staying with girl of 10 years, share a more similar laid back life style, happy being parents to animals in a quieter rural environment. Personal financial situation would become tenuous, leaving a well paying job. Girl is more akin to a soul mate/best friend at this point.

Being a baby daddy to new yet but deserving woman. Hard working mother with her own place, child is well behaved. Personal financial situation would remain easy and lucrative. Girl is more akin to a thrill/lover, would force me 'man up' and be an adult while I attempt to be a father to this child.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There are a whole ton of juicy details missing from that post. We need to know how you arrived in this situation where this choice is available yet the two women don't know about each other.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Help me decide. I'm 36

Staying with girl of 10 years, share a more similar laid back life style, happy being parents to animals in a quieter rural environment. Personal financial situation would become tenuous, leaving a well paying job. Girl is more akin to a soul mate/best friend at this point.

Being a baby daddy to new yet but deserving woman. Hard working mother with her own place, child is well behaved. Personal financial situation would remain easy and lucrative. Girl is more akin to a thrill/lover, would force me 'man up' and be an adult while I attempt to be a father to this child.
Is "new yet but deserving woman" already pregnant? Did you cheat on your soulmate? While I fully encourage manning up to take care of your kid, that doesn't mean you have to be with a chick you're not fully into.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People in Africa with the same genes as here have lower divorce rate, so it definitely is not on the genes. There is a huge cultural part that involves the individual's race but that has nothing to do with genetics.

Same gene but nowhere near the same environment. I guess that's your way of saying that massive social pressure + very religious people is good for the families ?