Marriage and the Power of Divorce

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
and I do appreciate this medium for how much I shitpost around on FOH. Never thought a forum would be beneficial but here I am.

This is going to sound harsh but I want you to read every word. I have a really good friend who had what looked like a perfect marriage and now they are in the middle of an ugly divorce where his soon to be ex (who was my good friend) is pulling out shit like physical and emotional abuse claims just so that she can get full custody and move two states away to be near her parents.

DO NOT GIVE UP ANY INFORMATION OR GIVE AWAY ANY ADVANTAGE UNLESS IT IS RECIPROCATED BY HER SIDE IN WRITING. She makes more? You say that she doesn't owe you spousal support...if you keep the house and the kids go to school there. You get the best deal for your kids while protecting yourself. Gavinmad Gavinmad is right about family court being tilted towards women; but that is changing and you have many things in your favor (she makes more, proof of her having the affair). Do not ever mention the drugs or drinking around her ever again and if she brings it up you tell her you don't know what she's talking about. Once you split you better have hard times that the kids are picked up and dropped off; don't try and change the schedule unless it is you getting extra time with them. You document every time that she 'pawns' the kids off on you when it is her time because that makes you look like a better father. Also, no calling or texting her for any reason outside discussion of kids. No talking about how you want her back and miss her; those come across as harassment.

I'm going to say this again so you hopefully listen: Do not give up any advantage trying to be nice because the legal system doesn't give a shit about nice. It is a give/take battle between sides where nothing is final until it is in writing, signed, and approved by the judge.

Again, my friend is an amazing dad and was a great husband; there was not much room for his wife to trade up and she is still doing it and putting him through hell because the minute they are not a couple anymore her lawyer told her he was the enemy, she agreed, and it was no holds barred.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
After almost a month of still fuckin' the slightly crazy girl, I finally broke it off.

Woowee what a wild ride

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Having never been through a divorce I find all of this fascinating to read. I'd love to offer all kinds of advice, but I am wholly unqualified, so I bite my tongue as much as I can. The difference in stories is amazing. Some have pleasant, comfortable relationships with their exes, some are so filled with vitriol the bile is plentiful.

If I found out my wife was cheating, or some such shit, I have no idea what I would do. I do believe I'd come here and try to benefit from all of your knowledge and experience.

And in all things: keep fighting the good fight. I'm sorry for those struggling in their relationships. Wish I had a magic wand.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk , have you thought about cheating on your wife? Get a jumpstart on events, post interesting stories afterwards.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
She’d love that. Should probably bring a shovel though, digging sucks.

And yet, the quality of conversation would be better than if I were out with you.

200.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users