Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm getting married in a couple weeks bros. Been with Ms Adebisi for 10 years, have a couple kids together, solid careers, own a house.

Too soon? Should we wait?
Kiss your life goodbye once you put a ring on it, bro!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm getting married in a couple weeks bros. Been with Ms Adebisi for 10 years, have a couple kids together, solid careers, own a house.

Hope you didn't buy a diamond. If you did, your wife is vapid and materialistic and you should except the rest of your life to be downhill from now on.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Wait for what? you are already married in the eyes of the law =D

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider

What kind of idiot would rush into marriage so fast? Don't do it.

iannis

Musty Nester
Anyone have stories about dating Scientology girls?
Nobody's really born into Scientology are they? I have the impression that it's not old enough to have a 2nd generation yet. And what would the point of that be anyway?

That cult dies without fresh "converts". But they have to be established andrichfresh converts. If you're bringing you daughter to your mindscan-energy or what the fuck ever meetings the cult already has her money. Since it's your money.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Nobody's really born into Scientology are they? I have the impression that it's not old enough to have a 2nd generation yet. And what would the point of that be anyway?

That cult dies without fresh "converts". But they have to be established andrichfresh converts. If you're bringing you daughter to your mindscan-energy or what the fuck ever meetings the cult already has her money. Since it's your money.
They have second and maybe third generations, it's been around for like 60 years. Also they send their children to be slaves:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Org

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think that should be legal grounds for murder. My girlfriend's sister called off her wedding like 3 days before it was supposed to happen. Fucking ridiculous, I'm pretty sure she fucked some other dude on what would have been their wedding night too.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My wife's best friends sister got dumped a week before a 200 guest wedding. Funny part is they got back together a year later, iirc they are still together and not married.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I just can't see how you can go through the entire process of planning a wedding and then decide the night before that it was a good idea to back out. It just makes no sense to me, on any level. For fuck's sake, at worst just suck it up, put on a good face and go through with it so everyone can have a good time/party, and get that shit annulled the next day or whatever.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah, I just can't see how you can go through the entire process of planning a wedding and then decide the night before that it was a good idea to back out. It just makes no sense to me, on any level. For fuck's sake, at worst just suck it up, put on a good face and go through with it so everyone can have a good time/party, and get that shit annulled the next day or whatever.
I agree with you but most people aren't in a reasonable frame of mind when they do something like that. I have a feeling that the catalyst for actually calling it off has to be another love interest in 95% of those situations. It's like all of a sudden their backup plan kicked in.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My brother and a friend of mine have both been left by their spouses a couple of months after their wedding. Both of them will tell you that they would have rather been left at the alter rather than going through what they did.

Not understanding what could have possibly changed in just a couple of months, why they went through with the wedding if they had hesitations, dealing with the process of getting a divorce, trying to explain the situation to the family, not a fun experience. Guess that is what happens when women plan a wedding instead of planning a marriage.