Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wait, I actually did meet my wife at a grocery store, but we were both working there. So did I meet my wife online? Was only one of us online? Red or blue?
You met her at work? Only a matter of time before you're being cuckolded. Actually, I'd get a paternity test on the one in the over if I were you.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was Multisim, I had some setting fucked up where the tolerances didn't like my stuff. She was genuinely trying to help, but with no electronic background at all.
Not marriage related, butMultiSim is a schematic capture program that simulates with SPICE. Also, SPICE has become a generic term for software circuit simulation, kind of like Kleenex vs tissue. But I digress.

I know she was trying to help. Perhaps my "know your boundaries" example came off too harsh.

Also white people love novelty runs
As someone who runs regularly, novelty runs are not appealing to me. I do chip timed group runs to push myself, not to get Jackson Pollock'd or get my nipples shocked while I crawl through mud.I mean, why pay extra for that when I was already going to do it after the race anyway?

Guess I need my white guy card revoked. Because you are right, those novelty things are popular as fuck. Though I think they are most popular with white women and hipster fuckfaces. I bet they would be an awesome formative experience for your raw denim, though.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I had to google color run as I had never even heard of it.

Khane

It's a great observation too. Now that I think about it about it I'd say probably 95% of all the women who are in shape on these dating sites have pictures of themselves at a color run.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I met my current girlfriend through Okcupid and we have no shame in admitting it. I know my friends from Arizona think online dating is nothing but trolls and whales.

I also had plenty of casual sex people who I still am friends with, maybe cause I live in hippieland but it's pretty common among my friend groups.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's about intent.

I go to a bar to have fun and pick up chicks. One thing leads to another and we hit it off. We might have sex or we might not and we might end up married that night or 12 years. My intent can be colored by my desire for sex but it isn't my announced intent and it isn't her announced intent. I am also intrinsically stating that I am open to a further relationship if it works out.

The difference between that and an app is that with the app you chat a little and go through a checklist of questions maybe to gauge your comfort and compatibility level. You then schedule a time to meet up to verify attractiveness and basic chemistry. You then hopefully go and have sex. That is all that is expected and you both know it and you go into it with an implied contract of "in the morning we walk away if we even sleep over". Both people are stating that is their goal. If something else happens it is a rarity.

The bar scene and dating like that is most definitely with the end goal of at least a relationship. The tinder scene is most definitely the end goal of your dick getting bodily fluids on it and anything else is an accident.
Both of these situations are the same thing. One just happens to be a lot more overt about it. So what?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Come to think of it, joining a running group/club is probably a good way to both get in shape and meet active women.

I've been dating a girl I met online for a few months now. We tell people we met online; it feels kind of expected now. No one seems surprised. Though I remember a number of friends who met people online 5-10 years ago using the "we met while shopping" or similar explanation at first.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Running is not appealing to me. Sports injury from the footballs causes me issues. I'll be glad to color run on a bike.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Met my wife online on a off-topic message board related to Asheron's Call. We tell people all the time that we met online, and usually get the oh cool, match.com? OKC? and we say no, a message board online related to gaming.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
A lot of my extended family assume that either I found my wife in a refugee camp in the Philippines or she married me for a green card, so I'm not sure I'd put much stock in anything they say/think either way.
Haha I'm interested in hearing more about this.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Haha I'm interested in hearing more about this.
Nothing to it, the only asians any of my moms side of the family has seen has been when two of my uncles fought in Vietnam or on martial arts movies. Aside from my mom who lived in California for a while most of them are from and still live in Oklahoma. They just assume asians living here are mail order brides or refugees. It's hilarious. My mom is the only one who escaped Oklahoma at a young age.

Khane

Yea but not as bad as the sting you feel when you faceplant on the concrete because you were running with your eyes closed!!!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you have your eyes closed you're also missing out on all that fine white girl ass

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife like running "races' while I think paying $50+ to run is retarded. She did a color run once. I made her sit in the back of her SUV on the ride home.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
My wife asked to do a color run together and I shot that shit down, should I expect divorce papers soon?