Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Am I the only one who sees the threesome potential in this situation? The new husband is obviously looking for someone to spit-roast his wife with. Who better than someone who has already fucked her in the past?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I believe Sutekh believes everything is as cool as he says. Its the same sort of shit I would buy from myself back when I was in my 20s and thought I knew everything. I still think its a bad idea, especially if he wants to keep the Pitt girl. If he is cutting her loose, its still a bad idea because it sounds like him and his ex are using each other as emotional safety nets or are both sociopathic enough that past history really are not of any impact. Neither is good. I am sincerely concerned for you here.

Two questions
Did you blow off the other girl and if so why?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Am I the only one who sees the threesome potential in this situation?The new husband is obviously looking for someone to spit-roast his wife with.Who better than someone who has already fucked her in the past?
Haha, I've never heard that one before. That's good.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hah hah, so much this.

For what it's worth I've been quietly lurking and have always thought Sutekh was a voice of reason in all the relationship debates and I was quite surprised to learn he was only 27. But this latest turn of events regarding going to Swiss-land to hang out with the ex and her new boy toy seems really whack, for lack of a better word, while also doing a complete 180 on the girl from Pittsburgh at the same time. I don't know, seems kind of odd to me.
Thanks bro, but the thing is with the Pitt girl, I have a very strong sense of impending doom on the relationship. The frequency at which she's been responding/talking to me has plummeted and her messages seem detached and in-affectionate. I've just been responding and talking as if nothing has changed but it seems pretty clear to me that she's probably grown uninterested in me or the situation as a whole. It's a shame, but that's kind of the risk you take when you start dating a younger woman.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thanks bro, but the thing is with the Pitt girl, I have a very strong sense of impending doom on the relationship. The frequency at which she's been responding/talking to me has plummeted and her messages seem detached and in-affectionate. I've just been responding and talking as if nothing has changed but it seems pretty clear to me that she's probably grown uninterested in me or the situation as a whole. It's a shame, but that's kind of the risk you take when you start dating a younger woman.
But ... but we were told this newfound relationship wasn't in the honeymoon phase earlier!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
All I said is that it wasn't in the "honeymoon phase" for me. Can't really account for the actions of others. When we started I gave it really low odds for success anyways so the fact that it might be failing isn't surprising to me. Then again I may be completely wrong and she's just been busy the past week.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
See that's the real problem with long distance relationships. You have way too much fucking time to over-think everything.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The biggest problem with long distance relationships is you can't call your woman in when you take a really impressive shit that deserves an audience.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
All I said is that it wasn't in the "honeymoon phase" for me. Can't really account for the actions of others. When we started I gave it really low odds for success anyways so the fact that it might be failing isn't surprising to me. Then again I may be completely wrong and she's just been busy the past week.
I wonder if you might be giving off a weird ("I want to fly around to world to hang out with my ex-wife, vibe.") Regardless of how you and and Onoes insist that this can be done, this isn't even remotely standard and would be considered a huge huge huge red flag to a relationship.

Have you mentioned your close platonic friendship with your ex-wife to this girl, yet?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if you might be giving off a weird ("I want to fly around to world to hang out with my ex-wife, vibe.") Regardless of how you and and Onoes insist that this can be done, this isn't even remotely standard and would be considered a huge huge huge red flag to a relationship.

Have you mentioned your close platonic friendship with your ex-wife to this girl, yet?
I haven't told her about me wanting to go on the trip. There hasn't been enough conversation since then to even give off that vibe. She knows all about my relationship with my ex and is envious that she can't have that with her ex. Although I'm thinking she's got a different type of relationship with her ex.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The last thing I'm worried about is that dude hurting me. He'd have to pull some really deceptive shit to get to me, he's not what you would call intimidating.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Sutehk, obviously, there is no point to really dispute your impression since you're the guy there and I'm just guessing...

That being said: I find it really hard to believe that you met some woman who is envious of your very close relationship with your ex-wife. Maybe in some objective sense she's able to articulate how it'd be nice to not leave wreckage in one's past, but I think if I polled the handful of sensible adult women that I know, they'd all be unanimous in saying that this is a very clear red flag for a fledgling relationship.

Flipping it around, were I to start dating a woman and then find out that she is in close contact with her ex-husband on a daily basis, I'd assume a lot of things that may or may not be true, but they'd all be distinctly negative.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I understand what you're saying, but I am friends with my ex and I told her this from the week we started talking. It hasn't come up since then, I highly doubt she even cares about it. If she did care about it and have an issue with it I would just end up telling her that I'm sorry she feels that way but I'm not going to stop talking to my ex.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You said you and your ex still talk every day. My closest friends on earth and I don't talk every day. In fact, we probably talk 2-3 times a week, and they live 10 minutes away from me, not halfway around the world. I don't even talk to my girlfriend every day.

See what I'm getting at here?