Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its not just that I am attracted to the another girl, its that I feel something that I have not felt for/with my wife. Thats whats freaking me out.
Like, you never had the "she's so wonderful" feelings for your wife? Or have you just been in the relationship long enough that you forgot about that (early) stage of a relationship?

While it's possible you've just met your one in a million match, it's more likely you met another person you are pretty compatible with. But if you sacked your wife and jumped ship, you'll probably find a number of annoying things about new girl, feelings will settle into the longer term mode, and then next class you sign up for will have some other chick you desperately want to put your dick in who is also "just so amazing".

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, any thoughts on what your wife would think if she saw your text history with class girl?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Its not just that I am attracted to the another girl, its that I feel something that I have not felt for/with my wife. Thats whats freaking me out.
Ever? Not even in the beginning? If so, I don't know, maybe you do have to listen to that feeling some. Was there no initial fire with your wife?

Cud

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is another Con to take into consideration. If the 26 year old thing goes south. You have effectively shit where you eat and will have to see her for the rest of your studies.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Also, any thoughts on what your wife would think if she saw your text history with class girl?
She would tell me she is uncomfortable with me speaking to her, explain why she feels that way and ask me not to do it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Incidentally, this is probably why you shouldn't go and schedule all your classes with a hot study buddy. That should have been your first sign you were going too far. Should be self-aware enough about potential temptation not to set yourself up like that. Genuine friendship and nothing more between opposite sexes when both are attractive to each other is pretty rare.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this matter but a lot of people are stuck on the whole sex thing. The dilemma is not

"Should I have sex with this hot younger thing or should I honor my vows to my wife?"

The dilemma is

"Why do I feel for this new girl what I dont feel for my wife and did I ever feel it?"

Anyway yesterday was a tough fucking day for whatever reason which is why I posted all that shit. I felt like I was losing all control over myself. I am feeling a lot better today partially, if not wholly, due to this thread. Thanks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this matter but a lot of people are stuck on the whole sex thing. The dilemma is not

"Should I have sex with this hot younger thing or should I honor my vows to my wife?"

The dilemma is

"Why do I feel for this new girl what I dont feel for my wife and did I ever feel it?"

Anyway yesterday was a tough fucking day for whatever reason which is why I posted all that shit. I felt like I was losing all control over myself. I am feeling a lot better today partially, if not wholly, due to this thread. Thanks.
In our defense, one of the very first things you said about your study buddy was how incredibly hot you thought she was.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
just out of curiosity, what are you studying in school wormie?
Math and a sprinkle of CS. Taking algebraic topology class offered in the graduate school here and a second semester of complex analysis. I've been taking grad classes for the last 3 semesters based on the recommendations of the chair and deputy chair of my department together with a Professor with whom I am doing a research project which is a mix of CS and math. This is why I cant just drop these classes, people went out of their way to help me get in there, I am not just going to shit all over them. On top of that, i expect a letter of recommendation for grad school out of my topology teacher and dropping that class can possibly delay registration by a year. Also not acceptable.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

The dilemma is

You're feeling new compatible chick excitement syndrome, that's it. There's about a one in a hundred chance that it's more than that and she's really "the one", but that's honestly the realistic odds. You know how many chicks I've dated over my lifetime where in the first few months I thought she was The One, only to realize a few months later that she's crazy, or has mega debt, or is irresponsible, or is selfish, or has a horrible relationship with her family, or is controlling.. The list goes on.. What you "feel" for a chick prior to actually involving yourself in her life is an irrelevant illusion. It's fueled by physical attraction, testosterone, superficial common opinions, and interests..

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You're feeling new compatible chick excitement syndrome, that's it. There's about a one in a hundred chance that it's more than that and she's really "the one", but that's honestly the realistic odds. You know how many chicks I've dated over my lifetime where in the first few months I thought she was The One, only to realize a few months later that she's crazy, or has mega debt, or is irresponsible, or is selfish, or has a horrible relationship with her family, or is controlling.. The list goes on.. What you "feel" for a chick prior to actually involving yourself in her life is an irrelevant illusion. It's fueled by physical attraction, testosterone, superficial common opinions, and interests..
I hope so. I am not sacking my marriage despite the emotional shit from yesterday, I was just a weeping vagina. I just dont want to find out that this whole situation is rooted in something more serious. Anyway, I will suffer in silence for now and hope it will pass and that no one else gets to feel like shit due to my retard actions.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What FW said.

The sooner you recognize that your dick lies to you and rationalizes shit in your mind, the sooner you will resume rational thought.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Its not unusual to see things you like in other people that your wife lacks in. Its why most people maintain friendships outside of their relationships in the first place. Just recognize things for what they are and do the right thing.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its going to be amusing when wormie takes the advice to pass on the hot young pussy, then finds out like next year that his wife was having an affair during this same time frame because she just had such a connection with the guy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Its going to be amusing when wormie takes the advice to pass on the hot young pussy, then finds out like next year that his wife was having an affair during this same time frame because she just had such a connection with the guy.
That just means she didn't have access to awesome advice like ReRolled.org!

Honestly, though...tall, hot, math chick who is into gaming? I'm ready to cheat.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Tall is a minus in my book. I like tossing women around like play things.