Marriage and the Power of Divorce

CnCGOD_sl

shitlord
Really depends, under the rules they are supposed to cook and clean "for the kids." So you shouldn't have them scrubbing the shit stains out of your tighty whiteys.

In reality they'll do whatever you tell them. But if they clean up after the kids thats usually 95% of the mess anyway.
This looks really appealing, with a working wife who makes enough to make it unwise for her to stay home and the HUGE cost of decent daycare (1800-2k a month for non crappy ones it seems). I may have to get in the market for one.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This looks really appealing, with a working wife who makes enough to make it unwise for her to stay home and the HUGE cost of decent daycare (1800-2k a month for non crappy ones it seems). I may have to get in the market for one.
Make sure you go for the Filipina au pair. The Philippines are still enough of a shithole that she will be very happy in your home, and they do teach everyone English there. You will get a person with a very strong work ethic.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Then implement weekly maid service to maintain it. Perhaps if she can start "fresh" with a clean space she'll be more amenable to staying neat. At the worst, you could implement a daily shared responsibility of tidying up together when you get home from work.
Most maid services handle vacuuming, mopping, toilets, shower/tub, wiping down counters type of shit. They do not pick up your mess. At best they MIGHT collect it in a pile so it is easier to vacuum around. Each week, my wife and I spend a half hour or so - slightly annoyed - straightening the house before the maids come the next day. Small kids will have everything back in disarray within hours, but at least the base is clean.

I am lucky that my wife is the clean one who gets annoyed with my messes. She stays at home because kids, so she does the laundry, cooks, pays bills, and keeps the house looking decent but not clean per-say. "Happy wife" was certainly behind the decision to get a maid to help with the dirty work.

I don't see what Noodle can do in this situation. Pussy motivation only works one way.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Got damn daly, well done. Sorry she's a whore-vagina and everything but damn sir.

My phone autocorrected whore to whore-vagina. I'm standing firm.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did you miss the dirty clothes and furniture golem growing in that guys living room?
I will agree that that is an extreme case and obviously there is a limit at which point people just aren't compatible. If you can't sleep in a room with a pile of laundry in the corner and your wife still has the box from every pizza she has ever eaten then the marriage may be doomed but assuming that the issue is more minor, I think that lowering your expectations to balance your level of marital happiness against your ideal level of home cleanliness is a good thing to consider. Maybe I am biased because I don't give a fuck about neatness but to me having a placid marriage is a hell of a lot more important than whether or not the vacuuming is done regularly. I don't think cheating is a good comparison because cheating breaks the fundamental basis of the relationship contract where dirty laundry is at worst a minor inconvenience (with the possible exception of some extreme cases).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I will agree that that is an extreme case and obviously there is a limit at which point people just aren't compatible. If you can't sleep in a room with a pile of laundry in the corner and your wife still has the box from every pizza she has ever eaten then the marriage may be doomed but assuming that the issue is more minor, I think that lowering your expectations to balance your level of marital happiness against your ideal level of home cleanliness is a good thing to consider. Maybe I am biased because I don't give a fuck about neatness but to me having a placid marriage is a hell of a lot more important than whether or not the vacuuming is done regularly. I don't think cheating is a good comparison because cheating breaks the fundamental basis of the relationship contract where dirty laundry is at worst a minor inconvenience (with the possible exception of some extreme cases).
You're sort of glossing over the fact that it isn't really about having a spotless home because we're all neat freaks. It's about stay at home mothers who don't work AND don't do anything around the house, leaving the husband to do EVERYTHING. And when questioned they complain that children are just simply too hard.

That isn't a partnership. That's a lazy slob freeloading and using kids as an excuse.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
So I had a dream that I was at a game of thrones cast party and Sophie Turner jumped in my lap and was hot for me. I said I was down but that my wife likes redheads so she'd have to go both ways. She said she was cool with that. Kit Harrington overheard and called her a filthy lesbian.

I told the wife about it and she was like, I'd fuck Jon Snow.

<3

iannis

Musty Nester
Make sure you go for the Filipina au pair. The Philippines are still enough of a shithole that she will be very happy in your home, and they do teach everyone English there. You will get a person with a very strong work ethic.
Not only do they teach it, they name their kids in english.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought it was spanish sounding names in the Philippines.
It is Spanish sounding, because Spain came in and fucked all the islanders. They do, however, do all the teaching in English. It's odd.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Wish granted, sort of...I did the heavy lifting for him, he just needs to start replying over there.

Rerolled
I'll update it eventually. I can't really go into those threads at work and my pc is currently down because of the move. I do have a good bit though, she was never shy for the camera.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Gave my wife a pearl necklace in on Christmas morning in front of friends and family. It was well recived.