Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I suppose that would have gotten across the same point. I said it the way I did because your way seems like the way an asshole would try to get his point across. /shrug

And yeah big. I looked into it when I got divorced, I was told it would cost a minimum of $7k out of pocket, and that my monthly bills would go up in addition because I would have to pay mortgage insurance, something I don't have to do on my current loan. So I put it off until now with no ill effects.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Just look out for the childrens bro. You want to be lazy on your time thats cool, but be not so lazy when it comes to the kids. You know this, you might be a fantastic dad (and I think you are) but you got to be a father too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Guys I'm lay overing in Phoenix right now. Where do I go to scam the government out of money and not give a fuck about being a piece of shit? Is that gate B5?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Guys I'm lay overing in Phoenix right now. Where do I go to scam the government out of money and not give a fuck about being a piece of shit? Is that gate B5?
All the welfare offices are 3 miles west of the airport.

And you couldn't assume the mortgage? Guess having some of that good old fashion responsibility would of paid off there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
After the entire desert stripper car fiasco I'm surprised people are surprised at anything onoes posts. We should not forget the past.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
After the entire desert stripper car fiasco I'm surprised people are surprised at anything onoes posts. We should not forget the past.
I remember reading that thread and thinking how the fuck is this dude married??? Especially after his wife rectified the situation in a matter of hours when he spent weeks/months dealing with it. She may be a scumbag, but I think she's playing him like a fiddle.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Fuck being a mature and upstanding adult. Only retards are that. I just wanna enjoy life and have fun!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So the chick I've been dating got white girl drunk at the vineyard we went to tonight and I had to cancel my plans because she's been passed out in my bed since 8:30 EST.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Me and the wife had a lot of sex talk today about fantasies and stuff. I had to run out to the store and when I got back all the lights were out so I was like aww yeah going to pound town. She was inside playing video games in the dark. Fuck.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, I don't even know if if its worth posting right now, as it will probably be swallowed up by 20 more pages of back and forth over this nonsense, but here goes all the same.
ohnoes, I read it all. Took me at least 2 hours but i read it all. I can't wait to see what the lawyer says. My guess is the house is safe since the decree only said 'try' to get her name off. Just whip it out later if it becomes an issue. That aside, the only thing you've really done wrong is letting her claim both kids that year. Even if the court doesn't see that and say OH WELL YOU GAVE UP CUSTODY, you'd still be complicit in defrauding the government. The paying child support under the table might be seen that way too if the reason comes out.

Her friend is a dummy. Be sure to show her the law when you tell her about her lying friend. Then maybe add a line like, "remember how we didn't want to get lawyers involved? Yeah this is why, and this person is supposed to be a friend!"

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Me and the wife had a lot of sex talk today about fantasies and stuff. I had to run out to the store and when I got back all the lights were out so I was like aww yeah going to pound town. She was inside playing video games in the dark. Fuck.
Was baby boy sleeping at the time? Looking for tips on how to get my wife back playing video games. Granted we have 2 instead of 1, but all she wants to do in her kid-free time is watch NCIS on Netflix or take a nap.
frown.png

Then she gets mad at me because I don't really like good ol' Nathan Drake, and don't want to play Uncharted. FeelsBadMan!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Personally, I'm very happy I have a wife that doesn't like video games at all. Nice, separate hobby for personal time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Was baby boy sleeping at the time? Looking for tips on how to get my wife back playing video games. Granted we have 2 instead of 1, but all she wants to do in her kid-free time is watch NCIS on Netflix or take a nap.
frown.png

Then she gets mad at me because I don't really like good ol' Nathan Drake, and don't want to play Uncharted. FeelsBadMan!
My wife only very casually plays. Really I'd say she doesn't play games unless something she likes come out. She was replaying the uncharted series on Normal instead of Easy, but that's about all she plays nowadays.

It's good some nights when she's doing that so I can just do my own thing guilt free.

If she watched TV or napped it would be essentially rhe same for me.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Wait, just so I'm clear Onoes and ex-wife pull in ~$90k combined and yet can't provide housing, health care, or even food for their kids w/o government assistance? In AZ no less?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Bro, enjoying like and having fun is more important than trying to figure out how to provide for your kids.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Wait, just so I'm clear Onoes and ex-wife pull in ~$90k combined and yet can't provide housing, health care, or even food for their kids w/o government assistance? In AZ no less?
No, you got every single bit of that wrong. I own a very nice house, she rents a house. The kids eat all they want, healthy food, and a bit of junk too. My ex wife applied for food stamps because she qualifies if she claims the kids, and the government also gave them free health care.

So yeah, just so you're clear.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
No, you got every single bit of that wrong. I own a very nice house, she rents a house. The kids eat all they want, healthy food, and a bit of junk too. My ex wife applied for food stamps because she qualifies if she claims the kids, and the government also gave them free health care.
So yeah, just so you're clear.
So you can provide healthcare and food through fraud. Gotcha.