Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Were you in Calgary? I could drive down and give it a whirl. Won't even charge for some fresh squeezed Suave:

But seriously bro, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
So my wife and I have been trying to have kids for 8 years, I have no problems she has no problems together for some reason it just does not work, Spent six figures plus on this…pretty much done spending any more money on unless someone can give us a plan beyond, “hey we can try this for $25k”

My point is this .

Damn all the fucking “normies” for flaunting their baby in our face and making my wife.

Thank you for those who show facebook restraint!

I was actually going to type that this is the other reason I don't post FB kid pics, but ended up deleting it. We had several years of infertility prior to my son, and seeing the pics of others is a real thing, it sucks. I'm sorry to hear your story Nester, that really fucking sucks.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So my wife and I have been trying to have kids for 8 years, I have no problems she has no problems together for some reason it just does not work, Spent six figures plus on this…pretty much done spending any more money on unless someone can give us a plan beyond, “hey we can try this for $25k”

My point is this .

Damn all the fucking “normies” for flaunting their baby in our face and making my wife.

Thank you for those who show facebook restraint!

Adoption sounds like a real option

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Multiple of our friends have had problems. Weird to me really as it was a huge fear for it to accidentally happen and it seems like a huge pain in the ass for a lot of people to pull off if they want to.

Qerero

Multiple of our friends have had problems. Weird to me really as it was a huge fear for it to accidentally happen and it seems like a huge pain in the ass for a lot of people to pull off if they want to.

Yeah it's way more common than people think, which is one of the reasons for the restraint on FB, you never know. I don't want to send a friend into a depression spiral just so I can share "look at the pudding on his face thats so funny and unique lol".

I pretty much just assume that any married/cohabiting friends are having difficulties if they don't have kids by a certain age or stage of the relationship, even if they say they don't want any. I'm obviously wrong some of the time, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My girlfriend's best friend has been trying for like two years now and then my girlfriend got pregnant after about a month of us trying. I feel bad for them.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I pretty much just assume that any married/cohabiting friends are having difficulties if they don't have kids by a certain age or stage of the relationship, even if they say they don't want any. I'm obviously wrong some of the time, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.
Heh, there are so many ways to filter people out on Facebook. I'm not about to start censoring what I post on FB just in case someone is having a difficult time. You can extrapolate that theory to basically any hardship and then you're not sharing anything on Facebook, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Heh, there are so many ways to filter people out on Facebook. I'm not about to start censoring what I post on FB just in case someone is having a difficult time. You can extrapolate that theory to basically any hardship and then you're not sharing anything on Facebook, which kind of defeats the purpose.

I've seen this argument for not asking people about having kids and it totally makes sense but I think you're right on.

Am I not supposed to post pictures of myself because it'll remind people they're ugly? No.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Speaking of all this my brother and his girlfriend got married last year and he always told me they didn't want kids, but the vibe I got from his wife and how she acted around kids sort of lead me to believe she had different thoughts but didn't want to say them (they have a very, very weird relationship).

My brother and sister live in the same condo place and I guess my sister-in-law is at my sister's everyday to come see the baby and wants to "watch it sleep" and shit. I got a feeling we got a woman here who wants a baby.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it's way more common than people think, which is one of the reasons for the restraint on FB, you never know. I don't want to send a friend into a depression spiral just so I can share "look at the pudding on his face thats so funny and unique lol".

Do you post pics of your and your wife together? What if single people get upset?

Do you post pics of yourself on vacation? What if people who had to work that week get upset?

Are you skinny? What if people who can't lose weight get upset?

Are you tall? What if seeing your tall ass on facebook triggers them?

Do you have hair? Have sympathy for bald guys.

Do you have all your limbs? What about paraplegics having limb envy.

At some point. This is my facebook. If it triggers you, fuck off.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
YOu know what I think you're onto something. I am friends with a lady that runs a bakery and I'm going to tell her all those pictures of cupcakes are really triggering my diabetes

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qerero

Fair enough, it's just because I went through it myself I'm more sensitive to this one in particular. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't really be posting the kid pics anyway because people don't care, but this is an extra reason for me, and like Picasso said I never do the "when are you guys gonna have kids" stuff either (besides the fact that I care as little about other people having kids as I assume people do about me).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I would never ask a couple about having kids(or getting married). That's none of my business. Me sharing things on Facebook is the entire point of Facebook. If it gets someone butthurt, that's on them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qerero

Do you post pics of your and your wife together? What if single people get upset?

Do you post pics of yourself on vacation? What if people who had to work that week get upset?

Yep, I follow. I guess it's a little like people giving money only to disease charities they have a personal or family attachment to - poor metaphor maybe, I guess I just mean I'm more sensitive due to personal experience, I'm aware I can't extend the logic to everything. That said, none of the stuff you listed is in the same category as infertility for the difficulty of it (for the women more than the men).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

Cad triggered me at least 3-4 times there. Us single, short, bald, hard working dudes have it rough.

• 2Solidarity

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Nah, I'm just going to post pictures of my banking and investment statements, cars, motorcycles, mountain bikes, sweet condo and so on. Shit is war, bro.

Funny thing is, that really is Facebook and Instagram in a nut shell, when you boil it down.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im about to post a status update about my new job in 2 weeks and I am really hoping I don't trigger an unemployed schlub

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user