Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
So in Mrs. G Land...Went to dinner last night with New (to a local new restaurant, I chose...good food and beverages). During dinner conversation, in a fit of weird confidence, I boldly told New that I was the BEST woman he has ever been in a relationship with and he smiled told me "Oh, I know" some other sweet things and more intimate details about his life. After dinner, we took a drive, he drove me to show me his childhood homes and told me stories of his youth.
This is going well, slowly as is needed by both of us...we act indepently but respectfully towards one another, keeping our own lives but intertwining. I tell him damn near everything that is important to me, some very personal stuff I would typically keep to myself. It is weird and wonderful.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
But in general, women are complete horseshit with money.

I know why she is the way she is, just like I know why I am the way I am.

I guess where I stop short of your opinion is when you direct your ire at women in general. Women in general are not horseshit with money. All people are horseshit with money. You just don't get in relationships and have to deal with men, and you empathize with their spending as "deserved" or "earned" more than you do womens'.

Anytime you start out your thought with "women in general" or "gays in general" or "asians in general" etc just realize you're engaging in very flawed thinking. Even if you are right, it's not helpful; the thing that is helpful is learning to identify those traits in the particular person you choose and strategies to cope with it and survive it in your relationship.

If you want to engage in "lol women are so shit for all these reasons" then great, thats a circle jerk you can probably get some people to join in with you. But it's not productive, and it's not going to help your current or next relationship.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I guess where I stop short of your opinion is when you direct your ire at women in general. Women in general are not horseshit with money. All people are horseshit with money. You just don't get in relationships and have to deal with men, and you empathize with their spending as "deserved" or "earned" more than you do womens'.

Anytime you start out your thought with "women in general" or "gays in general" or "asians in general" etc just realize you're engaging in very flawed thinking. Even if you are right, it's not helpful; the thing that is helpful is learning to identify those traits in the particular person you choose and strategies to cope with it and survive it in your relationship.

If you want to engage in "lol women are so shit for all these reasons" then great, thats a circle jerk you can probably get some people to join in with you. But it's not productive, and it's not going to help your current or next relationship.

Trans people in general are mentally ill.

Come at me, bro.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tonight i feel like I/we matured a bit. Realized we could talk without paying 100 an hour.

I think she just needs more attention. Its weird to me because she's an alpha lawyer type and has a lot of shit going on but I can handle that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here's some drama that pissed me off.

Entire house got sick, 1mo included. It hit me last (yesterday) and I feel like death. I went to bed at 10pm or something which is early for me. Get woken up at 330am because she wants to sleep. She said she had the opportunity to sleep earlier but wanted to watch some TV shows and now he won't sleep. Gee thanks. Just what I wanted today.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
At least she's honest?

6f362567ddcd8e51db26e6000ebbeeb9.gif

• 2Worf

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My wife is like 0.0001% Jew and from her spending habits you would think she was 100%.

Not all women spend a lot. Most of her clothes are probably 5 years old at minimum. Maybe only ten pairs of shoes more than me and none are designer. Mine cost more every time.

She will go out of her way to ensure she fills up at a gas station that is five cents cheaper a gallon for a twenty gallon tank.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
My wife has seizures if her fuel efficient car has 1/4 left on the tank. But she uses the phone and the ipad until the battery dies and they shut down.

/RAGE!!!!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Dunnhopen

Trakanon Raider
It is very much a family thing, trying to fight the grand parents on making sure gifts have actual meaning and value rather then given just because is a real struggle. You can also see it in my wife when gifts can't be things you need, they have to be something extra. She has spending problems too if you couldn't guess.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the counselor called my wife after the session today and told her she didn't know what to do with me

Sorry this is late, but your wife is lying to you. What proof do you have that the counselor called her directly? If you didn't hear the call or the counselor hasn't admitted it, she's lying trying to get up on you. She was probably worried that she didn't "win" that session, so she fixed it so that you at least thought you did.

Or it could have been a joke that you didn't get.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ive been getting silent treatment all day because I told my wife she couldn't read the group text I have with my two good friends.

Am I in the wrong? I don't need her reading stuff the guys talk about

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user