Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Awww yiss. 10 for 10 bucks at Publix all the time. Best part is that I don't even have to tell my wife I'm buying mangoes.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You guys have a good life.

Just imagine for a second going to your joint account and searching for "Starbucks" and pulling up $1000 in transactions in a 3 month period.

And you don't drink coffee. $10 a fucking day.

And THEN you get all this fucking shit with money vanishing down the black hole at Target. And THEN she runs up 10k behind your back and you say "if you spent $10,000 last year, how come we don't have nice shit?"

"Because then you would know I spent it."

Fuck you.

I had a similar experience with my ex wife. In the last 2 months before I kicked her out we spent piles of money on bullshit. My mindset was well it's just money we shouldn't fight about it at this point. I think 2 weeks before the end I let her spend $600 on wedding flowers for her friends wedding (who hated me by the way). And so much more bullshit. Getting divorced is one of the best things that's ever happened in my life. Though going through that much change is painful, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My second ex wife did the whole going out for coffee thing but then would get mad at me for buying a soda back when I drank them. She'd spend $150 on a pair of pants but get pissed at me for buying a video game once every month or two.

I'm so thankful I dont have to worry about that stuff anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
We've been some Colombian organic one from Costco. It's pretty damn good. Some yellow bag.

We like the Don Pablo from Costco. Far better than coffee I've had elsewhere.

• 1Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
What model do you use? I have one but the filter consistently lets grounds around the edge no matter how gently I press. Coffee is always gritty.
Over pouring the french press(the last bit is waste) or you should just not be a bitch and have some grounds with your coffee or your using preground which is too fine for french roast.

I spend about 20-30 a week on coffee, a 12oz bag of whole bean and will usually buy a coffee/cold brew around midday.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you don't have an actual burr grinder made for coffee don't bother with a french press. You usually want the coarsest setting on a grinder designed for coffee when using a french press. Spice grinders or other grinders can work fine for drip/filtered coffee but will it will come out like sludge if you try to use coffee grounds that are even a slight bit fine in a french press.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My second ex wife did the whole going out for coffee thing but then would get mad at me for buying a soda back when I drank them. She'd spend $150 on a pair of pants but get pissed at me for buying a video game once every month or two.

I'm so thankful I dont have to worry about that stuff anymore.
Yeah my wife will sometimes be like "bought a soda at work huh???" And I'm just like REALLY? First of all, I don't drink soda often and usually it's something of a quick fix if my sugar gets low. But secondly why the fuck you trying to nickel and dime me when I see you coming home with those knick knacks and snacks from Target every week.

To solve it I just have a credit card I use and pay off. It has cash back anyways

• 1Worf

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Mine has poor girl syndrome. Sometimes I have to tell her it's okay to get some nice work shoes or something. "Really??? BUT THEY'RE FIFTY DOLLARS." There are three things she feels comfortable getting spendy on: a car, which she got herself before we met and is still nice, bedsheets/linens, and socks/underwear. Everything else she'll check with me on. We booked a small vacation last year and she couldn't even look at the plane ticket cost ($370 round trip).

She also goes fucking bonkers for estate sales, but she spends maybe 20-30 a month during "estate season" total buying $1-$2 things she wants like pots and pans, a new hose for the yard, whatever. Occasionally it's some shit we don't need but I just purge it in a few months.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My wife makes a six figure salary and thus I can't remember the last real argument we had over money. She is kinda frugal at heart so she will shop at the Dollar Store which annoys me because most the shit she buys there is just junk that breaks and my argument is spend more money on a better product.

Funny thing is my wife convinced me to go ahead and spend ~$35k on getting our driveway paved because it will allow us to put in a hoop court for our boys. We have a large gravel driveway that is roughly 6,500 sq.ft. and I was shocked at the expense of grading + asphalt (also getting some bushes and trees removed too). Concrete would push it to $50k so fuck that noise.

After getting multiple bids I was like screw this I will just take the kids to a park, but my wife was like imagine how much easier it will be to deal with snow on the asphalt vs gravel + the kids will get a hoop court. My wife rocks!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Hi gang.
I wear makeup sometimes. G did not really care for it, but I did/do...so I wore it when I wanted...especially mascara. My friend Christine calls me Bambi eyes.

Steady likes it either way...says I am beautiful no matter what...and he has seen me vomit, so...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
There's way too much dessert out here and I have some nice shovels and pick axes for me to put up with a $10,000 target purchase that I didn't know about.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Hi gang.
I wear makeup sometimes. G did not really care for it, but I did/do...so I wore it when I wanted...especially mascara. My friend Christine calls me Bambi eyes.

Steady likes it either way...says I am beautiful no matter what...and he has seen me vomit, so...
Did he hold your hair?

iannis

Musty Nester
Makeup is only a problem for me when Homer sets the gun to "whore".

And mostly it's because I think to myself, "that just can't be good for your skin wearing that much mud on your face". Which makeup is supposed to make me think how attractive you are, and here I am thinking about disease... it's not a good fit.

• 2Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Updates to the Mrs. G story.
Have been dating Steady 2 plus years.
We maintain separate homes but he has been bringing up into conversation options for houses and locations. No hurries but he obviously is thinking about our future.
We are well suited to one another. I am laid back and curious, open to new adventures and finding fun in almost anything...he is too. We golf, ( he does and I am learning) play pool, go hiking, fishing, camping, bicycling, garden, do house projects, art projects, play with our dogs, cook together, watch sports together, play games, and just relax. We make eachother laugh and are sexually very compatible. He is very respectful of my feelings for G and holds me through my melt downs. Yep, loved, in love and loving.
Very grateful for all of it.
Grateful for the people here who connected with me to remind me that a life without my beloved G was possible. ♡

Last edited:
  • 17Like
Reactions: 16 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Updates to the Mrs. G story.
Have been dating Steady 2 plus years.
We maintain separate homes but he has been bringing up into conversation options for houses and locations. No hurries but he obviously is thinking about our future.
We are well suited to one another. I am laid back and curious, open to new adventures and finding fun in almost anything...he is too. We golf, ( he does and I am learning) play pool, go hiking, fishing, camping, bicying, garden, do house projects, art projects, play with our dogs, cook together, watch sports together, play games, and just relax. We make eachother laugh and are sexually very compatible. He is very respectful of my feelings for G and holds me through my melt downs. Yep, loved, in love and loving.
Very grateful for all of it.
Grateful for the people here who connected with me to remind me that a life without my beloved G was possible. ♡

Glad to hear you're living your life. My mom died young and the biggest fear my sister and I had is that my dad would become a professional widower. Fortunately, he found someone that suits him well, and in different ways from my mother.

It's amazing how much one's personality morphs based on the company they keep.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'd like to say I'd know how to deal with the person I was with crying and who still loved their deceased husband. I'd like to say I'd be totally fine and supportitive and I really do think I would be, but there's probably a small part of me that would be jealous. I hate to admit that, but I'm human I guess. Not used to being with someone who would be with someone else if that person were still around.

• 1Solidarity