Marriage and the Power of Divorce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Fair enough, I'll admit I'm likely being lazy in this matter. What are the fees for liquidating your investments?

If you're doing the "right" thing and have your money in the appropriate Vanguard mutual funds, costs are $0 plus whatever capital gains tax you owe on that investment (assuming you aren't trying to widthdraw from an IRA/401k/403b/etc. and incur penalties).

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I prefer FOH which gives you a view of everyone's worst day.

Almost made that my new sig.

Even if they're not, no one is obligated to reproduce. If you have a sense of duty to reproduce, that's cool, you should definitely do that, but that isnt some kind of societal imperative that the individual is bound to carry out.

Spoken like a true IOotI cuck.

Rarely is anyone ready for kids. Its like jumping off a cliff. You just suck it up, jump, and hope you dont land on your face and drown.

I think the little shit we have costs us like 7000/yr? Would be essentially free if my wife didnt work. But I dont know how your situation is and if things like food are going to stress your financial position. Honestly, the cost is negligible. Its the day you feel like shit and hear "COME PLAY IN THE TOY ROOM DADDY" and you think "eh fuck" then go do it anyway.

There is no meaning to life w/o kids. Literally. Your life is a nihilistic black hole of nothing if you dont have kids.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Imagine I typed something here that carried a similar message to Lachius and Uber but without the aggressive douchebaggery and self-righteousness.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Almost made that my new sig.

Spoken like a true IOotI cuck.

Rarely is anyone ready for kids. Its like jumping off a cliff. You just suck it up, jump, and hope you dont land on your face and drown.

I think the little shit we have costs us like 7000/yr? Would be essentially free if my wife didnt work. But I dont know how your situation is and if things like food are going to stress your financial position. Honestly, the cost is negligible. Its the day you feel like shit and hear "COME PLAY IN THE TOY ROOM DADDY" and you think "eh fuck" then go do it anyway.

There is no meaning to life w/o kids. Literally. Your life is a nihilistic black hole of nothing if you dont have kids.
Cool, but I live in a shithole state, don’t make enough money to afford to contemplate a relationship, let alone convince somebody to let me put a baby in them. How do I then afford said child when I’m not motivated enough to improve myself?

Fuck you. I’m a depressed adult and I don’t need to attempt to raise a kid way beyond my means.

Let me die alone and go self pleasure yourself without forcing your judge mental shit on me.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you are unable to find meaning in life without kids, you should evaluate what you've done with your life. A kid should be more than just a monument to your mediocrity.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I’d love for someone to explain the meaning of their life if they don’t have kids. Kids alter how you view your own life, how you approach the future, you treat other people better, you want the world to be better, you are more careful, you find patience you didn’t know you had, you find happiness and joy in their minor accomplishments. It all changes in your first borns first year, it’s not instantaneous but one day you just realize it. It’s the only reason to live, otherwise all you did was waste a bunch of time doing nothing of meaning, you fail to pass anything learned on to someone who idolizes you. Literally an entire branch of fathers on your family tree dies with you.

I feel sorry for those parents with the bumper stickers that say I love my grand dogs. How fucking embarrassing.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Cool, but I live in a shithole state, don’t make enough money to afford to contemplate a relationship, let alone convince somebody to let me put a baby in them. How do I then afford said child when I’m not motivated enough to improve myself?

Fuck you. I’m a depressed adult and I don’t need to attempt to raise a kid way beyond my means.

Let me die alone and go self pleasure yourself without forcing your judge mental shit on me.

Nah, you can do you man. I dont really give a fuck what YOU do. I care about what fairly intelligent Americans do.

You of course can find someone, you just dont want to settle for what you can get. Thats on you.

If you are unable to find meaning in life without kids, you should evaluate what you've done with your life. A kid should be more than just a monument to your mediocrity.

You can find meaning in life, but the point of life is LIFE. Maybe you cant figure this out because its all classified above top secret and on Hillary's email server.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Kinda want to point out, the entire institution of marriage is to provide a stable environment / society in which to raise kids.

This is the marriage thread.

Maybe we need a "Sterile people dating" thread?

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I’d love for someone to explain the meaning of their life if they don’t have kids. Kids alter how you view your own life, how you approach the future, you treat other people better, you want the world to be better, you are more careful, you find patience you didn’t know you had, you find happiness and joy in their minor accomplishments. It all changes in your first borns first year, it’s not instantaneous but one day you just realize it. It’s the only reason to live, otherwise all you did was waste a bunch of time doing nothing of meaning, you fail to pass anything learned on to someone who idolizes you. Literally an entire branch of fathers on your family tree dies with you.

I feel sorry for those parents with the bumper stickers that say I love my grand dogs. How fucking embarrassing.

I'm sure you don't mean it this way but what you're saying here essentially equates to "If I didn't have kids I would have never grown up".

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
It’s different than growing up, if you don’t have kids you don’t understand. One day most will, it’s like the airplane taking off on the treadmill, the retards argued that it wouldn’t and then one day something changes and they realize how ignorant they were.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

So basically according to this if you can't have kids due to factors out of your control (medical), your life has no meaning? Adoption isn't for everyone either.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's fair to say that having children changes your priorities, for most people. Some people are super into it, and "find patience they didn't know they have, etc etc" and some parents are shit and either through neglect, apathy, or intent they fuck their kids up. It isn't a static experience across humanity, and it definitely isn't universally this transcendent experience. Also, it isn't really about you, they are their own people, it isn't a good idea to define meaning for yourself onto them anymore than it would be for a partner. You exist before they are are around, and someday they'll leave to do their own thing, if you can't find meaning within yourself you're gonna have a bad time.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users