Marriage and the Power of Divorce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Can someone convince me that marriage/dating is worth pursuing after I've seen even my conservative female friends be tainted with liberalism and parts of 3rd wave feminism. Do women who are critical thinkers exist?

Maybe I'm in the wrong geography.

Are those female friends married? A woman needs a man to refine her political sensibilities.

I know you'll think i'm just being sexist, but I'm only half joking. All anecdotal evidence in my life shows this to be true. It's possible the dude cold adopt the woman's politics if he's weak, but I haven't seen it happen that way. Bottom line, find one who's close and you can straighten her out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Are those female friends married? A woman needs a man to refine her political sensibilities.

I know you'll think i'm just being sexist, but I'm only half joking. All anecdotal evidence in my life shows this to be true. It's possible the dude cold adopt the woman's politics if he's weak, but I haven't seen it happen that way. Bottom line, find one who's close and you can straighten her out.
Nope. They're late 20's and early 30's so maybe there's a correlation?

It's just so pervasive on social media, the virtue signaling, the immediate emotional reactions, etc. It's honestly disheartening. I agree, I haven't met a woman who has a political opinion that they can back up... Like they'll have opinions on politics but if you pry their knowledge it goes Facebook level deep. They don't really know why they believe it and you can't challenge them about it without it flaring up their temper. I want a woman who I can challenge and be challenged by without it just exploding. That's how we learn heh.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
As you get older at least to me they seem to solidify and can at least give examples of why they think something. A large number of my friends that are married or recently single after the kids left the house are pretty conservative. But they're all near 50 like me. At around 30ish it was pretty wishy washy going with the wind or whoever they were dating at the time.

My wife is more liberal than I am, but it wouldn't take much. She "pulls" for the underdog but when it comes down to she jumps on all the things the dipshits do. Kind of like she likes the underdog to win in the end but 99% of the time she goes off on them for doing stupid things.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Nope. They're late 20's and early 30's so maybe there's a correlation?

It's just so pervasive on social media, the virtue signaling, the immediate emotional reactions, etc. It's honestly disheartening. I agree, I haven't met a woman who has a political opinion that they can back up... Like they'll have opinions on politics but if you pry their knowledge it goes Facebook level deep. They don't really know why they believe it and you can't challenge them about it without it flaring up their temper. I want a woman who I can challenge and be challenged by without it just exploding. That's how we learn heh.
Put a baby in one. The sharing and caring do-gooder, let’s not make a nest for your family disappears. If not, well, have you considered going gay? I mean, two sensible men agreeing can’t be wrong?

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Put a baby in one. The sharing and caring do-gooder, let’s not make a nest for your family disappears. If not, well, have you considered going gay? I mean, two sensible men agreeing can’t be wrong?
That's the whole thing, I don't wanna out a baby in one if she's crazy.

I hear the gays have the same issues plus AIDs so that's not really an option.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Skin-deep feminist. I also feel like I'm winning. We had a conversation last night about transexuals, suicide rate, and how it seems psychologists are more coaches than gatekeepers. Things didn't get heated once. This type of conversation would have been impossible a couple years ago.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Skin-deep feminist. I also feel like I'm winning. We had a conversation last night about transexuals, suicide rate, and how it seems psychologists are more coaches than gatekeepers. Things didn't get heated once. This type of conversation would have been impossible a couple years ago.

Plot Twist: Deathwing's wife has killed him, and is now posting on his account.

Just kidding man!

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You found me out. I just want to see your wife's tits that made you move to Seattle.

• 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
2 and a half years ago, I was married, making 130k a year jointly and living paycheck to paycheck.

Today, I work overtime when I want at the same job, live in the same house, and I have 5 months of mortgage in the bank.

I shouldda done this years ago!

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
2 and a half years ago, I was married, making 130k a year jointly and living paycheck to paycheck.

Today, I work overtime when I want at the same job, live in the same house, and I have 5 months of mortgage in the bank.

So you got a divorce?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's crazy to think like 5 years ago we had our first kid and my wife stopped working. I was making $75k a year and I have absolutely.no idea how we survived. Now I'm making $125k and we live very comfortably. I did the job hop thing which worked out really well for me. Somehow we made it work and I don't know how.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
It's crazy to think like 5 years ago we had our first kid and my wife stopped working. I was making $75k a year and I have absolutely.no idea how we survived. Now I'm making $125k and we live very comfortably. I did the job hop thing which worked out really well for me. Somehow we made it work and I don't know how.

Bro, the year after my oldest was born, we made 19k.

How you made it was you had money.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I mean it's all relative. Our mortgage is $2200 alone

Our rent was about $700 then.

Wife and kid had WIC. I ate a whole lot of nothing.

The only thing that's relative is people living in comfort thinking they're poor because they can't go to the movies.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider

I've been divorced almost 2 years. My X made almost the exact same as me. I keep the house, she walked with half the equity.

With almost the same mortgage payment and just my income, I've increased my savings/ retirement rate from 6% to low 20%, few months ahead on my mortgage and an actual emergency fund.

I have no ideas where our money was going...

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I've been divorced almost 2 years. My X made almost the exact same as me. I keep the house, she walked with half the equity.

With almost the same mortgage payment and just my income, I've increased my savings/ retirement rate from 6% to low 20%, few months ahead on my mortgage and an actual emergency fund.

I have no ideas where our money was going...

My ex was pulling double what I was. And spent it all. Every single penny. And cut into mine.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the fuck I allowed it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well, that means she is thinking about having sex with you. That's positive. If you can be patient with her, you are probably in like Flynn.
This was correct.

So I did end up sleeping with her not the next time she came over, but the following time and pretty much everything she said added up. From talking to her she said I was only the second guy she had ever slept with at 27 and she certainly acted the part. Not only that but she knew practically nothing about sex, she didnt even know common terms for body parts(shes from China).

But thats where it pretty much ends. So she is Chinese born and raised in China. Shes been here in the US on a temporary visa and temporary certification working as a teacher for the past year. Unfortunately she ended up not passing a test that was required to get her teaching certification here in AZ and wouldnt be to try again before her visa expires next month. So she made plans to go back to China when that happened and that was pretty much it. Ive talked to her off and on since, might take her to the grand canyon before she leaves.

Overall an interesting experience, meeting a woman so sexually inexperienced at her age in this day and age.

• 1Like