Marriage and the Power of Divorce

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I personally think you would be nuts to get married in this day and age. Girls are great the first year, they rope you in with sex and other awesomeness. Then it's all down hill from there.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Anyone have stories about dating Scientology girls?
I would run, just from what I've seen from Scientology in the news. I was once "courted" by a Jehovah's Witness just after I graduated high school. I had a crush on this guy when I was a Freshman, and he completely ignored me. I ran into him again when I was 19 (and better looking, thanks to puberty!) but I was getting strep throat and bronchitis. I was horribly ill, stuck on the couch with a barf bucket and just a bell to call my mum for help.

But damned if this guy--Sean--didn't show up twice a day for ten days straight, leaving me flowers, magazines, cold medicines, love letters that explained how he had never "ignored" me in school, but I was a freshman and he was a senior and he had been simply dumbstruck the first time he heard me sing, (we met in the theatre troupe) and had never been able to forget me.

It took a couple of months to get the message through that I wasn't interested, ending in my father standing on the front porch with an aluminium baseball bat and telling him that I wouldn't be dealing with any kind of religious cult.

That's the loosest I've come to anything like Scientology or off-beat paths.

I've been engaged twice--the first one ended the day before the wedding; and later married to a different man, and was divorced when he took up with some 20 year old slut. Needless to day, I'm a bit skittish now and I think anyone diving into marriage nowadays is pretty brave.

Good luck to you!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I lost my virginity to a JW. We were both 16 and I didn't even know her family was JW until a few years after we had stopped dating. I'm still friends with her now, but looking back, I'm guessing she was a really shitty JW, because I don't think they are supposed to fuck heathens like me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would run, just from what I've seen from Scientology in the news. I was once "courted" by a Jehovah's Witness just after I graduated high school. I had a crush on this guy when I was a Freshman, and he completely ignored me. I ran into him again when I was 19 (and better looking, thanks to puberty!) but I was getting strep throat and bronchitis. I was horribly ill, stuck on the couch with a barf bucket and just a bell to call my mum for help.

But damned if this guy--Sean--didn't show up twice a day for ten days straight, leaving me flowers, magazines, cold medicines, love letters that explained how he had never "ignored" me in school, but I was a freshman and he was a senior and he had been simply dumbstruck the first time he heard me sing, (we met in the theatre troupe) and had never been able to forget me.

It took a couple of months to get the message through that I wasn't interested, ending in my father standing on the front porch with an aluminium baseball bat and telling him that I wouldn't be dealing with any kind of religious cult.

That's the loosest I've come to anything like Scientology or off-beat paths.

I've been engaged twice--the first one ended the day before the wedding; and later married to a different man, and was divorced when he took up with some 20 year old slut. Needless to day, I'm a bit skittish now and I think anyone diving into marriage nowadays is pretty brave.

Good luck to you!
You can't post this and not give us the scoop on the engagement ending the day before. Second one is pretty self-explanatory.

Rhuobhe

N00b
I've always felt that people who do shit like that aren't really feeling it from the get go. you agree to marry someone but you are not even 50% sure about your decision and more importantly, your emotions.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just got married last weekend and people are funny. At first they're all, "Oh my god congratulations! It is so great you're going to be so happy! How long have you been together?" And then we're like, "oh 8 years." Their face changes from joy and excitement to boredom real quick. "Oh 8 years? Fuck what took you so long, surprised you don't hate each other yet."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just got married last weekend and people are funny. At first they're all, "Oh my god congratulations! It is so great you're going to be so happy! How long have you been together?" And then we're like, "oh 8 years." Their face changes from joy and excitement to boredom real quick. "Oh 8 years? Fuck what took you so long, surprised you don't hate each other yet."
We were together 5 years and lived together almost the whole time. People keep asking how married life is and I just go "exactly the same"

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Providing mutual benefits to the one you love?
Well, and thats fine, until the female gets it in her head that she is entitled to treat you like shit, tell you what to do, withhold sex as punishment, and generally be cunty for no particular reason. When they forget that you are, in fact, an independent person with your own ideas of how to live your life that they are not entitled to dictate to you, it actually is down hill.

And we've all been there.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, and thats fine, until the female gets it in her head that she is entitled to treat you like shit, tell you what to do, withhold sex as punishment, and generally be cunty for no particular reason. When they forget that you are, in fact, an independent person with your own ideas of how to live your life that they are not entitled to dictate to you, it actually is down hill.

And we've all been there.
Treating someone like shit and telling someone what do happen on both sides of relationships. It's not like only women do that. As for the withholding sex thing, that's some evil shit that only a woman would think is acceptable.

Just go fuck someone else and high 5 all your bros as your telling them the story. "Stacey thought her pussy was special... Stacey found out she was wrong"

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Treating someone like shit and telling someone what do happen on both sides of relationships. It's not like only women do that. As for the withholding sex thing, that's some evil shit that only a woman would think is acceptable.

Just go fuck someone else and high 5 all your bros as your telling them the story. "Stacey thought her pussy was special... Stacey found out she was wrong"
The pattern seems to be more like this:

Men and women have their own lives. Their lives intersect somehow, and they like each other. They decide to get married. Gradually the woman thinks that whatever the man used to do in his life is now over, and whatever she does and she thinks is important is now "their life together". And she will actually feel emotionally abandoned if you don't buy into that and just go along with whatever she wants.

I'm sure this happens the other way as well, but I never hear about it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I always laugh at "withholding sex". It's pretty simple. Fuck me or I will fuck someone else. I'm not sure why anyone(men or women) would put up with a partner who lorded sex over them like that.

lindz

#DDs
As for the withholding sex thing, that's some evil shit that only a woman would think is acceptable.
Hey I take offense to that. It's not women in general that think withholding sex is acceptable, it's dumb bitches. I've been married for 8 years and haven't EVER considered withholding sex as a punishment. I don't think that is actually normal.

And the rest of the stuff Cad said... again not normal, just a really shitty relationship.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hey I take offense to that. It's not women in general that think withholding sex is acceptable, it's dumb bitches. I've been married for 8 years and haven't EVER considered withholding sex as a punishment. I don't think that is actually normal.

And the rest of the stuff Cad said... again not normal, just a really shitty relationship.
Oh I wasn't saying that ALL women do it. I've never personally run into that kind of behavior. I was merely saying that only a woman (albeit a mentally deranged woman) would consider something so egregious.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Yeah yeah but we've already established that you're some kind of outlier in this whole relationship thing. In general, people are shitty when life isn't going exactly the way they pictured it, and they don't generally deal with that by deepening their commitment to their husband/wife or doling out blowjobs when they don't feel like having sex.

I honestly don't know which is the exception, the shitty relationship or the good one. I've have one really shitty one and one good one and I don't plan on having anymore, so it is kind of difficult to see. I know that other people seem to have strings of just fucking terrible relationships where one or the other of them is retarded. Or both, in some cases.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm getting married in a couple weeks bros. Been with Ms Adebisi for 10 years, have a couple kids together, solid careers, own a house.

Too soon? Should we wait?