Marriage and the Power of Divorce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You already done fucked up by destroying her trust, so I don't think there's much you can do now except try to slowly and painfully rebuild it.

One good step might be admitting to her (and yourself) that your views on lies are messed up. In all the examples of lies you've given, the answer isn't to lie: it's to talk to your partner and figure out a solution.

I'd be annoyed if my wife lied to my face multiple times about something I explicitly asked about, no matter how big or small.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You're acting like an addict two months after "going back". Everything you're explaining is addiction, including the "I know I did this small bad thing but it's not THAT big of a deal right? Anyway what do I do?"

You already know the answer. Any reasonable, logical human knows the answer. So, do you want to keep fooling yourself or do you want to just accept the fact that you can't control your intake and so it's probably better to just not do it at all?

• 9Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're acting like an addict two months after "going back". Everything you're explaining is addiction, including the "I know I did this small bad thing but it's not THAT big of a deal right? Anyway what do I do?"

You already know the answer. Any reasonable, logical human knows the answer. So, do you want to keep fooling yourself or do you want to just accept the fact that you can't control your intake and so it's probably better to just not do it at all?
I’ve accepted that, and haven’t smoked since being caught. I don’t want to accept that but I’m slowly coming around to the whole idea completely.

Khane

Then you're on your way and you go back to arguing about Frozen Yogurt pit stops or whatever it was that was causing you grief when your wife was pregnant. That was you right?

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Then you're on your way and you go back to arguing about Frozen Yogurt pit stops or whatever it was that was causing you grief when your wife was pregnant. That was you right?
Haha it was, yes sir. Thanks for the advice.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Fucking A man, Khane Khane is posting logical shit in the marriage thread,

Is this real life?

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Have you considered moving to a third world country? You could live like a king and have your choice of women. Best of luck to you!
I hear the Philippines are great for that kind of thing. The main cities even have modern things like electricity and internet.

Feien

Ploppers
As expressed earlier, Your comparison to a white lie is not at all the same type of lie. You behaved like a child, lied about something stupid because you knew your candy was going to be taken away if you didn't, which is completely selfish.
Now you have her wondering that if you will lie about such stupid stuff while betraying her trust, how would you not lie about bigger, actually important stuff. You went that far to protect something so dumb, how far would you go to conceal something with much more weight.
So yeah, talk to her about it, be understanding that what you did was stupid and that you want to do better for her. That you know you hurt her deeply by being stupid, and you know it may take some time to heal.
If there is any way she can help you either to control your desire of smoking at home or something else, ask for it, tell her you're struggling and that it helps you. (as long as that is the truth) she may be willing to help you even if hurt at the moment, or she may not, and that's ok too, just don't be a prick about it if your candy is taken away, you're the one who behaved like a child in the first place.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hear the Philippines are great for that kind of thing. The main cities even have modern things like electricity and internet.
Yeah, just do not do drugs. Do not talk about drugs. Pretend recreational drugs do not exist.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, just do not do drugs. Do not talk about drugs. Pretend recreational drugs do not exist.
Yeah, they don't fuck around over there with drug laws. Great food and women that want to be tradwives, though.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Is it one of those deals where there are actually drugs everywhere and when they choose to enforce it you get executed for one flower, but in reality everyone has drugs?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No, they are not fucking around.

Murder whoever you want, sprinkle some crack on them and walk away...
salt salting GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

"President Duterte ordered police AND CITIZENS to kill anyone they believe to be connected to the drugs trade."

Welp, won't be going to the Philippines.... ever.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just don't do drugs in the Phils. How hard is that? Stick to beer and liquor.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Is it one of those deals where there are actually drugs everywhere and when they choose to enforce it you get executed for one flower, but in reality everyone has drugs?
You could have just said “is it like Dubai?” Lol

Khane

Just don't do drugs in the Phils. How hard is that? Stick to beer and liquor.

Doesn't seem like it matters if you're actually doing drugs, piss someone off and they can just shoot you and say "found drugs on him, had to execute for you Mr President."

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
"President Duterte ordered police AND CITIZENS to kill anyone they believe to be connected to the drugs trade."

Welp, won't be going to the Philippines.... ever.
This is the right move regardless of the motivation.

The Philippines is Tijuana MX, just on a bunch of islands.