Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I came home and told her that, and now she doesnt want me in the delivery room, in adition to no to the name. So I told her that will be irreversible. She said that is ok a divorce is fine.
I take it all back. She sounds pretty normal to me. Maybe your mother is the problem!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Today I went to the councelor by myself, and explained it to her. She says we both have right to the kid, she has the first name and I get the second, regardless of my wife feelings for my mom.
You should find a counselor that isn't a moron. No really, your counselor is a moron who has absolutely no business offering counseling if that's the type of advice they dole out. Adults do not compromise by saying "Well you got this, so I get this, tough noogies if you don't like it"

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should find a counselor that isn't a moron. No really, your counselor is a moron who has absolutely no business offering counseling if that's the type of advice they dole out. Adults do not compromise by saying "Well you got this, so I get this, tough noogies if you don't like it"
So what is your approach to this situation? Have an adult conversation with this very reasonable sounding woman?

Khane

So what is your approach to this situation? Have an adult conversation with this very reasonable sounding woman?
No, the two of them clearly need to get divorced if everything he is telling us is true. And while she is not stable or reasonable, he doesn't sound very reasonable either. That doesn't change the fact that his counselor is an idiot who gave him some of the worst advice I've ever heard.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really find it hard to believe Lendarios is giving us the whole story here. I highly doubt she came out with 'fine lets get a divorce over the middle name of our daughter' without some kind of provocation, whether she's a crazy bitch or not.

Khane

I really find it hard to believe Lendarios is giving us the whole story here. I highly doubt she came out with 'fine lets get a divorce over the middle name of our daughter' without some kind of provocation, whether she's a crazy bitch or not.
This isn't his first time in this thread. This has been a long time coming. Marriage should have ended before it even began from all accounts if we can believe what we've been told.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's exactly how a crazy bitch do. Something like this is easily provocation to such a being.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
All these terrible stories about women make me so glad im gay, being married to a guy seems to have such a low level of crazy associated with it.

iannis

Musty Nester
I can wrap my head around suckin a dick... but wearing another guys underpants?

That's just gross.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm afraid my approach would be to realize what a horrible mistake I made, give her half my shit in exchange for my daughter -- which is probably what she wants, and move to a new city. Possibly a new state.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I understand the desire to name the kids to honor someone else but it's really not all that you are making it out to be. It's like freaking out over the house you're going to buy will work because the 4th bedroom is sort of small. In the end, you get on with living in the house and it turns out to not to matter much.

After all, it's the raising of a conscientious, kind, responsible contributing member of society would be the really honorable thing to do and that means not letting your crazy wife propagate the crazy.

Khane

Eh, he needs to get a paternity test. Good chance he actually really is being cuckolded based on previous stories and information.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Khane. Are you obsessed with been cockolded? Also the counselor gave the right advise as most people on the thread. I have the right to name my daughter, it is not an issue for any normal couple, the mom gets a name, the father gets a name. This problem is not about the name, is about how much she dislike my mother. Me and my wife main problem is our inability to come to a friendly disagreement. And also she blows things out of proportion, for example. For years she hated the fact that my mom was involved in helping move my brother and his girl to the same apartment complex where we live. She took this as an insult as somehow in her mind they couldnt move near us. Or better I guess she didnt wanted them near and blame my mom for doing that.
Now my fault in that part was not sitting her down and telling her people have the right to kove wherever they want, she is not the owner of the complex. This alleged fault went for years. So things are routinely taken out of proportion and I was caught bettween a "you dont understand me" and "honey that is ridiculous, you are getting worked up over nothing" without any middle ground so for whenever I didnt agree with her she claims I dont have her back, and for those I agree with her she simply wont forget about those. So after 10 years of mariage she has a bagage of thing some are right, some are true, but the reality is that they are all minor stuff. But she doesnt let go nor forgives,

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the real disconnect here is you (and maybe her) are treating the naming much like kids do, each person gets their fair share and that's that. In reality, both names should be joint decisions between the couple in any way they both see fit. Each taking ownership of one name sounds fine if that's what you decided, but based on what you're saying that's not what was decided before-hand.

Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Khane

Khane. Are you obsessed with been cockolded? Also the counselor gave the right advise as most people on the thread. I have the right to name my daughter, it is not an issue for any normal couple, the mom gets a name, the father gets a name. This problem is not about the name, is about how much she dislike my mother. Me and my wife main problem is our inability to come to a friendly disagreement. And also she blows things out of proportion, for example. For years she hated the fact that my mom was involved in helping move my brother and his girl to the same apartment complex where we live. She took this as an insult as somehow in her mind they couldnt move near us. Or better I guess she didnt wanted them near and blame my mom for doing that.
Now my fault in that part was not sitting her down and telling her people have the right to kove wherever they want, she is not the owner of the complex. This alleged fault went for years. So things are routinely taken out of proportion and I was caught bettween a "you dont understand me" and "honey that is ridiculous, you are getting worked up over nothing" without any middle ground so for whenever I didnt agree with her she claims I dont have her back, and for those I agree with her she simply wont forget about those. So after 10 years of mariage she has a bagage of thing some are right, some are true, but the reality is that they are all minor stuff. But she doesnt let go nor forgives,
Ever think that maybe she didn't want your brother and his girlfriend living close to you because she was fucking other dudes while you were gone and didn't want to have to go elsewhere?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Problem with a paternity test is I would think asking for one would end the relationship no matter which way the test turns out, so since he doesn't seem to want to end the relationship it prolly isn't good advice to ask for one.