Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Talking about denim is like the batsignal to get Noodle in a thread. I think he has some script setup to push a notification to his phone whenever the keywords denim or jeans pop up in a new post.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
fh8IsPU.jpg

Tenks

They're jeans for that superhero character from Doug after he graduates to boxers and also wants to wear ugly as sin fratbro jeans

-edit-

On further inspection those maybe plaid shorts not boxers. So it is like wearing fratbro shorts ontop of fratbro jeans.

Pants_sl

shitlord
The horns stay :p

Actually, last night a friend invited me out for a drink, he had just finished practicing with his band and thought I might like to go (because the lead singer of his band is a guy who was in another band I was really into in high school, he thought I might like to meet him). So I went and hung out with them last night, had a great time, and their guitarist made a comment about how I looked cool as fuck, and I should come up to Vegas with them this weekend, and one of the other guys laughed and said "Well, he would definitely draw people to our merch booth.", and I went "Yeah, I've got no plans, I'll hang at your booth, sounds fun."

Well, after some more talking, it turned out that one of their members is headed to Japan for a tour with his other band next month, I guess he goes about every year, and he's setting this band up for a Japan tour later this year. So, if I want to, I've been invited on what is likely to be a two week, all expense paid tour of Japan with a band.

I know you are all very excited to have me cut the horns off and... I don't know? Not have stories because I stop going out and meeting people because I'm constantly upset by the failed attempts to connect with another human being? In the first 6 months after my wife left, before I had the hair, how many times did I go out hoping to meet people? I'd wager, somewhere near 50-60 times. Never made a connection with anyone. The one girl who I did hook up with was a girl from high school who found me on facebook and had apparently held a crush.

Now, from the time I started doing my hair? 5 girls, within another 6 months. I didn't start going out more, in fact, I'm probably going out less, and none of these girls have been as crazy as the first girl BEFORE I had the hair.

But yeah, I really, REALLY enjoy them. I know we've done this a bunch of times before, but it really is night and day. When I go out with a hat on, I talk to my little circle of friends, have an ok night, come home and feel bummed out that no one gave me a second look all night. Going out last night? I don't think there was a person in the wine bar I didn't talk to. Probably 30 people, at one point or another. It's fucking crazy, and I come home feeling really good about the whole thing. I imagine its similar to someone being in crazy good shape and going out in a sleeveless tight shirt or something. I understand it's superficial... but why should I care when I'm having fun? And thats really it I guess, it's just fun. If I needed to shave my head and take out my piercings tomorrow for work or something, I would do it, it would be done in 10 minutes. It's not that big a deal. But when it's "A bunch of guys on a forum I hang out on want me to cut my hair vs. the constant positive attention and reinforcement I recieve everywhere else" there's no real motivation there.

Imagine you had a favorite sweater, and every time you wore it out people approached you to compliment you or talk about your awesome sweater. Then you came on here and posted a picture of the sweater, and we all went "Burn that fucking sweater". Even if you understood why, and totally saw where we were coming from (Which I feel I do, I'm completely aware of the ridiculousness of my hair), why would you take that advice? Ehhh, thats the best way I can think to explain it.
When I see a chick at a bar who is all dolled up and wearing some skimpy dress, all systems in my body are in full agreement and I think of how awesome it would be to bang her. The next thought I have is " she would probably be an absolute nightmare to date." On the other hand, when I see an attractive girl but one with less makeup and not wearing a dress that is pushes all my evolutionary buttons, she doesn't draw my attention as quickly, but when I consider her I think she might have potential.

I'm not interested in the dolled up girl (to be clear, she isn't in me either, but that's not the point) because if she needs all that attention from strangers at a bar, she's probably either narcissistic or incredibly shallow.

You are the dolled up girl. YES you clearly get more attention and have more fun. So does the dolled up girl. But she's also dating bros or dudes with tons of money who will eventually cheat on her with a younger version of herself because she has publicly tied her worth to her looks. I feel sorry for those girls because they're doomed. It's the grounded girl who stands out less that has a far better chance of creating a meaningful relationship.

You've been told this explanation 100 different ways. Your claim that you mey crazier girls without the horns is either bullshit, a consequemce of the fact that you were probably crazier yourself, mentally, that close to your divorce, or random

Pants_sl

shitlord
Guy in early 30s (?), drinks all the time, insists ridiculously flamboyant hair-cut is necessary.

You're exactly like the guy that wears nothing but wolf t-shirts and insists its "his thing". The dumbass horns haircut is your reluctance to integrate into actual well-dressed and groomed society, because then people will actually judge you against other attractive men and you'll actually lose and have to get better at it. Right now you're a non-compete.

If I wore nothing but mustard-stained wife-beaters, no one would expect too much of me either.

And for the record, I'm no Tenks. My wife is slowly yet steadily helping me learn how to actually dress like a man with a modicum of fashion sense. I spent my 20s either too poor to care or on a military base. It's tempting to just wear mediocre jeans and a hoody everywhere but that isn't exciting/challenging/fun nor does it lead to self-improvement.
This is a really good post

Tenks

Chances are if she's sleeping with someone with giant red devil horns she has already done previous infractions to lose your respect first. No one starts the downward spiral with the devil horns.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What are mediocre jeans? I don't have a problem with much of your post, but the end is douchey.
Serious? How about: poorly fit, cheap material... "dad jeans". I suck at clothes and I can recognize the difference between shit jeans, decent jeans, and "damn that guy looks good" jeans. If you think this statement is douchey, you probably suck at clothes too but instead of looking at it as an avenue to improve in you just write it all off and assume its irrelevant.

Hint: many cool women really do respect and appreciate a man who can find his way into a nicer clothes, jeans included.