Marvel Heroes 20xx

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used my cosmic currency to get a power cosmic legendary and the power doop runeword, both are really nice for a lot of characters it sounds like. You'll be rolling in the currency if you farm Taskmaster a bunch this weekend for drops and omegas. I saw nice dmg bumps with both on cyclops. Also, since you can transfer blessings once you get better artifacts, get 4x hela blessings once you have some decent ones you're not gonna replace in the next hour. Just started too, but my cyclops is farming cosmics pretty easily now. I agree with you on the depth of the game, I'm having a lot of fun. Almost have Punisher leveled now too, gonna try to get a few more 60s this weekend for synergies and bonus xp. I pulled an swgn from my last crimson box, not sure if I'm gonna trade that for more cyclops upgrades, or use it on another hero.
save it, nothing in the game is worse than farming man ape.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I say reroll it until it's got high rolls then trade it for an SWGN +. That could take some time though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the only way you ever part with a SWGN in this game is if you have more than one or if you embark on a series of trades that eventually puts you in possession of a replacement SWGN plus whatever else.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I retcon'd my Punisher over to flamethrower and I'm really liking the playstyle compared to Ol Painless. I actually hate short cooldown spells so having my sniper/RPG/Signature/Painless all being short cooldown made me feel the build was clunky.

Khane

Or bleed X-23. Or Movement Silver Surfer.

So someone in my supergroup is claiming if you are a couple screens away when your group kills a boss you have a lucky buff for you get the lootsplosion but keep the buff.

Anyone care to test it with me? In game name is Ritley.

Tenks

I wonder if you could get the boss low with some bleeds and just Zigg away really fast by yourself

Tenks

Is the Taskmaster artifact considered any good for Punisher? I'm thinking I should toss it overtop my Adv Meta art.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
a well rolled taskmaster is one of the BIS artifacts for basically every single hero. A well rolled Adv Meta is also ranked very highly as far as artis go because of the +1 to skills, so I'd want to know what your other artis are because there's a chance you should replace something other than the meta.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tried it out with a friend, for hood standing all the way back at the door you entered the second level from you get the lootsplosion and it consumes the buff. Maybe if you zone out of the boss area entirely? I assume its not just you dont tag the boss and still get the loot.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
What happens is, as soon as the boss dies, an invisible orb/buff/whatever spawns from your character, and once you touch it you lose the buff. Various actions can make the orb miss you, I've most often had it happen when using Juggernauts sig, though can't do it everytime.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
I retcon'd my Punisher over to flamethrower and I'm really liking the playstyle compared to Ol Painless. I actually hate short cooldown spells so having my sniper/RPG/Signature/Painless all being short cooldown made me feel the build was clunky.
Wich skills/rotation are you using? I also can't get used to the Old painless build.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I couldn't get into Punisher at all, though he was pretty easy to level (like anyone isn't atm). Really didn't like his abilities and reload mechanic.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What happens is, as soon as the boss dies, an invisible orb/buff/whatever spawns from your character, and once you touch it you lose the buff. Various actions can make the orb miss you, I've most often had it happen when using Juggernauts sig, though can't do it everytime.
I do most my buffs on surfer and have never missed this invisible orb once. Id guess it will too tough to reliably recreate a case where it misses you.

Khane

So basically get a buff, tag the boss, die far away from where the lootsplosion would happen, let your friend kill, then release and teleport back to him?

This would probably be the easiest on bosses where you can zone out right near them (Magneto) and get killed by other mobs.

If that's the way they coded it, it wouldn't surprise me, but that's pretty terrible design.

I'm going to try that death thing today.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Been playing the shit outta my melee Squirrel Girl. So much more fun than straight ranged-summoner imo. Gonna be leveling Rocket next.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Savage Swipe is more single target damage than saboteurs, but being in melee range is so much more risky. Fine for easy content but I wouldn't want to take melee SG into red raids.

Tenks

Wich skills/rotation are you using? I also can't get used to the Old painless build.
I basically went max Nerve, Signature, Flamethrower, Pineapple, Reload, Pain Tolerance, SMG, Magnum then 1 point in Sprint.

With that said I went back to a standard Ol Painless build. It scales so much better once you get a ton of Brutal. It is hard to give up chunking 2m+ off with brutal sniper shots on a 6s timer.

Tenks

a well rolled taskmaster is one of the BIS artifacts for basically every single hero. A well rolled Adv Meta is also ranked very highly as far as artis go because of the +1 to skills, so I'd want to know what your other artis are because there's a chance you should replace something other than the meta.
I have access to a 314/7.6 on my Cable for Adv Meta.

My arts I'm using now are Adv Meta, HoD, Zigg, Adv Neth Jewel.