Marvel Heroes 20xx

Zynth

N00b
I heard Cap was pretty durable and rather well rounded, considering going with him unless there's some reason not to.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Should be fine, he is getting big changes next week so he may play different but that should be in a good way.

He won't completely change but here is what to expect next week -

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone have any old crap lying around they don't want? I realize everything binds after equipping but maybe someone has some unbound stuff they could throw at a level 23 punisher or level 12 daredevil?

Khane

Not worried, it's just always fun to get a sweet unique hand me down that rips shit up.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Honestly, aside from relics and random artifacts, rings and insignia that look handy, I either immediately equip or sell/donate probably 95% of what I get.

Bank space is at too much a premium to hang on to random normal gear.

Kaljin

N00b
I currently use Captain America but what I really want to do is get me some shards and grab Gambit but before I do... has anyone ever tried Gambit? I've always been a fan of the Cajun card slinger and I really don't have any other interest in the rest of the Marvel heroes since I'm a DC guy.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have Gambit but haven't gotten around to playing him yet, and someone may have already mentioned this, but I'd suggest D/L'in the Test Center build. They have a potion you can buy that levels you to 60, and also a chest that will drop full uniques/cosmics for your character as well. It's a good way to check out heroes/costumes you might be interested in without spending the money/splinters.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
punisher is probably the best of the starting heroes right now. Great AoE, great survivability and the king of pvp. its hard to believe you get him for free.

Kanglor

Yep Punisher is really good now, he's as close to a main as I have, though I am close to pulling out my hair after countless X-Def runs trying to get his damn rocket launcher unique.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Need to finish leveling Ms Marvel to 50 so I can play Capt America after his rework. Ms Marvel is pretty fucking dull I'd avoid her. She isn't the worst but isn't the best.

Khane

How do these synergies work by the way? Level a hero to a certain level and certain other heroes get bonuses?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
At level 25 you get your tier 1 synergy and at 50 you get the tier 2 synergy. While in a hub you turn the various synergies on (you can only have 10 on at any given time) and you get the benefit. Generally they're pretty trivial but for some builds they can be really good. Like you can get +4% energy damage with Ms Marvel's two synergies (2% at 25, 2% at 50) which is good for Rocket since his main damage sources are energy. Same deal with mental. Others are universally good like Cable gives +2% crit chance with his two synergies, Hawkeye gives crit damage. Hit "v" to look at the UI it does a good job explaining it all.

Kanglor

Even with the damage nerf I think the rocket is still his best/most useful dps ability, even more so when combined with the slot 5 unique. Though if you did drop it, might be worth looking at Armor Piercing Shot for single target damage, as it now does 200% damage as max charge. I'm just not sold on most of the charge up moves currently in game, Cyclops is only one I thought was worth using.