Marvel Netflix: Defenders

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
With Stick doing the voice over, you can bet The Hand will have a large role. Also wondering if Madame Gao will play a part in Iron Fist with the logo on her heroine?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well to be fair Daredevil has had two seasons where we have otherwise only even seen Jessica Jones.

Now admittedly there weren't too many loose threads in Jessica Jones, but I can easily see there being elements of Defenders in Iron Fist if not both it and Luke Cage.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
I don't want to get into a power level debate because I have about zero comic knowledge outside the MCU and Wikipedia, but Cap got shot in Winter Soldier(or was it stabbed?). He's no more tough skinned than anyone else. If Jessica Jones stayed at the Avengers facility for 6 month for training and stayed away from all alcohol, I bet she would be a lot tougher. Daredevil has amazing senses, but if Joe Thug gets a lucky shot on him with a cinder block he's going to go down like anyone. Maybe I just misunderstood what you mean by street level, but personally think the powers line up nicely. It's more about their individual situation that determine how they use their gifts.
It is how mundane and troubled the characters really are, that makes them so interesting for me. JJ without the alcohol, and intimacy issues is just not the same. I think Daredevil could be a shade darker in character, like Cage is, and hopefully will be. I kind of felt they lost the character (DD) in the second series though.

I understand from other comments that these characters are not true to the comics, more so in regards to the power levels. But I kind of like that. If I want super powered then I will watch the Avengers. If I want gritty dysfunctional, then I would hope to get that in the Defenders.

I will watch this anyways, but I am hoping for a cross between the movies Raid 1 and 2, like the Corridor fight in Series 1 of DD. Plus, four characters that are deeply flawed that are drawn together for a common (violent) cause, yet can evoke sympathy.

I feel what Siddar has said will most likely be true (four separate stories coming together at the end), and that might be a smart move to set this up for a second series.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like it was revealed at NYCC that Sigourney Weaver will be playing the big villain.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I would guess fall '17? Iron Fist is spring and Defenders should be the next series.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah my guess would be fall. I think we'll get Punisher next summer, as the just started production.

• 1Like

Cybsled

They mentioned Defenders and Jessica Jones S2 will film back to back and are keying 2018 for Jones, so Defenders would probably be late 2017.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Lots of stuff in that 16 seconds...
For those like me who are too lazy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
8 episodes, so hopefully it wont have a shit load of filler like the other marvel Netflix shows.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
8 episodes, so hopefully it wont have a shit load of filler like the other marvel Netflix shows.

Also hope it doesn't go the way of Batman v Superman and they try and stuff too much in which is can be worse sometimes

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I hope to god they have the Daredevil team handling fight choreography. Fucking Iron Fist is goddamn unwatchable with how bad it is.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm in. The whole Marvel TV show thing took a hit for me with Iron Fist, but hopefully this will redeem the series.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whelp that is going to be awesome. Shit I think there was more Iron Fist using the Iron Fist in that trailer than there was in his entire series.