Marvel Netflix: Defenders

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
EDIT: Nevermind. I had no idea what Jeph Loeb looked like.
come on, old ugly fat white guy? of course he's gonna be the writer
b2f47475741ebed782909bdc55f7b733.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Are Coulson and Daisy supposed to be involved in Defenders in some way? Or is it just random Marvel thing. Seems weird to have them there

Cybsled

I do hope they tie it in. It is sort of shitty that the TV vs Netflix vs Movies rarely, if ever, seem to crossover anymore.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Are Coulson and Daisy supposed to be involved in Defenders in some way? Or is it just random Marvel thing. Seems weird to have them there
Not having read the actual article, it appears to just be about the Marvel TV side of things, since the movies usually get all the attention. They just included Coulson and Daisy as representatives of AoS is all.

I'd do terrible, terrible things to Chloe Bennett. I never hated her as much as everyone else in the early days of AoS.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Starts with non-spoiler impressions but transitions into light spoilers about 5 minutes in and later a full on spoiler review (with plenty of warning). Sounds like they're very aware of how much they screwed the pooch with Iron Fist.

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed Iron Fist for what it was, and certainly more than DD S02 or the last 2-3 episodes of LC. I watched a ton of cheesy Kung Fu movies in my day though and it felt like a western version of a cheesy Kung Fu movie so I realize I am in the minority. It was not brilliant.

I was talking with someone else about the shows and we discussed how each of the "heroes" is a different archtype: DD is tortured hero, JJ is the Antihero, LC is the reluctant hero, and IF is the only actual wannabe-hero (that still manages to fuck it up a bunch).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
Do I need to have watched all of the other shows to get what the fuck is going on in this one? Haven't watched Daredevil and Kung Fu Panda in New York yet.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I refuse to watch bitchfist. I couldn't make it through Cage, was so boring. Daredevil (aka Punisher lite) was the best followed up by JJ. It would help to watch all the others, but if you go in with the basic facts I am sure you would be fine.

fris

Vyemm Raider
def watch daredevil

here's all you need to know from iron fist:

rich kid is in a plane crash in the Tibet mountains. his parents die, he's taken in by magical monks. after years of monk training, he becomes the iron fist. comes back to NYC, learns family friends were/weren't behind the plane crash. fights ninjas, poorly. has love interest, poorly. and drama between life long friends, poorly. loses his powers. gets his powers back. wins in the end. returns to tibet to fulfill his prophecy, all the monks are dead. better head back to nyc ...

Sulrn

Deuces
Couldn't make it through S1 DD, watched JJ and regretted it towards the end when drama-for-the-sake-of-drama took over, refused to watch LK, and Iron Fist.

I wanted to go back to S2 DD for Punisher, but looking at the episode descriptions I couldn't really pick out which episodes would be worth watching.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I wanted to go back to S2 DD for Punisher, but looking at the episode descriptions I couldn't really pick out which episodes would be worth watching.
The first 4 episodes of DD S2 are the best of Marvel/Netflix so far IMO.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The fight scene in ep2, glorious. I should be going to sleep, but fuck it I'm watching episode 3.

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes, but it's a lot of setup

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Nah, can't stop after that cliffhanger. Slow build but I'm liking it so far. Surprised at how much I've missed Jessica.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Couldn't make it through S1 DD, watched JJ and regretted it towards the end when drama-for-the-sake-of-drama took over, refused to watch LK, and Iron Fist.

So why are you here?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users