Marvel Netflix: Defenders

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...I missed Jessica Jones, and can't wait to see S2 of her show.

It's Netflix, no you didn't. Just watch those episodes now. She had my favorite villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before Michael Keaton's Vulture.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's Netflix, no you didn't. Just watch those episodes now. She had my favorite villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before Michael Keaton's Vulture.
.............................................................................................................................................................

He meant "missed" as in "I miss you", not that he can't watch the show.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
.............................................................................................................................................................

Thank you. :)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This marvel shit is going down the gutter. What started with good Daredevil devolved to LOL ironfist LOL and now Defenders. Fucking iron fist that has an atomic weapon fist and is trained to be a fucking weapon by monks all his life gets his shit beat in constantly and cant even fight(thanks casting director). Fucking cringeworthy. Or a bulletproof huge black dude that can lift a ton block of concrete, gets his ass beat by 3 dudes. Fuck this stupid show.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This marvel shit is going down the gutter. What started with good Daredevil devolved to LOL ironfist LOL and now Defenders. Fucking iron fist that has an atomic weapon fist and is trained to be a fucking weapon by monks all his life gets his shit beat in constantly and cant even fight(thanks casting director). Fucking cringeworthy. Or a bulletproof huge black dude that can lift a ton block of concrete, gets his ass beat by 3 dudes. Fuck this stupid show.

I agree. I think they are trying to do too many characters and too many shows and everything is suffering as a result.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Well that is kind of Marvel's thing, but this was more clusterfucked together than what they usually do.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

What was he even trying to hit it with?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My dislike of Iron Fist came down a few notches once I reconciled the fact that this isn't the comic IF I remember. Watching the Defenders it came to me that being the supreme martial arts master isn't the niche for IF. That is DD's role. Watching DD beat the shit out of most everyone, he is clearly being shown to own the super martial artist slot. I view Danny Rand now as a rich kid with a "magic fist" who can break almost anything when he uses it but it has a pretty long cooldown to balance it. Once I changed my view, I became ok with IF as a character. Pretty well satisfied with the Defenders series. Enjoyed it a lot.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only a few episodes in, but i removed it.

I liked the others, Luke Cage best, but in all I lost interest near the end each.
With Defenders, it starts out weak. Applying that model, it will get worse.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My dislike of Iron Fist came down a few notches once I reconciled the fact that this isn't the comic IF I remember. Watching the Defenders it came to me that being the supreme martial arts master isn't the niche for IF. That is DD's role. Watching DD beat the shit out of most everyone, he is clearly being shown to own the super martial artist slot. I view Danny Rand now as a rich kid with a "magic fist" who can break almost anything when he uses it but it has a pretty long cooldown to balance it. Once I changed my view, I became ok with IF as a character. Pretty well satisfied with the Defenders series. Enjoyed it a lot.
Nice view of IF. I pretty much had the same thought process, but I didn't think about it enough to be able to put it into words the way you did. DareDevil is without a doubt this group's heavy martial artist. Jessica Jones is a drunk that's really fucking strong. Luke cage is pretty damn strong, but not as much as Jessica. He also has invulnerable skin. Finally, Iron Fist has a magic weapon that's good at 1-shotting things.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So Luke is the tank, DD is the rogue, Jessica is the mage, and IF is the sniper. And Claire is the healer that they retreat to periodically between dungeon runs.

• 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
DD is a monk. When have you ever seen a blind rogue that beats the shit out of people head on with martial arts?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just saw this, was enjoyable enough but there wasn't really enough story to get though. I get the issues with Iron Fist, he isn't much of a character, but his supporting cast are pretty good. I actually like Luke Cage the character but his show was some of the slowest most boring TV I've sat through. Elektra I liked in Daredevil but her otivations here were not really explained other than when in Iron Fist they showed how being brought back makes you more crazy.

Ending was WTF, they need to explain that well in Daredevil S3. Gao is clearly not dead ether since they set her up to be the antagonist in Iron Fist S2.

My official ranking is:
Daredevil S2
Jessica Jones
Dardevil S1
Iron Fist
The Defenders
Luke Cage

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
DD is a monk. When have you ever seen a blind rogue that beats the shit out of people head on with martial arts?
I was going to go with monk but the archtype monk fills changes depending what game you look at :p So I guess just "dps" instead of "rogue" but he does use stealth to his advantage when he's not being an idiot (which is rare enough)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This wasn't very good. Didn't help that I watched Mindhunter between episodes 4 and 5. That show is on a completely different tier than this cheeseball shit. I'm banking on Punisher restoring my faith.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Just finished Punisher and decided to give this a go. Guess it reignited my interest in the marvel shows since I got to about episode 7 of Iron Fist and gave up since it was fuck awful.

Sterling

El Presidente
This is closer to iron fist than punisher, but it's not nearly as bad as iron first was.

• 1Picard

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I still want to skip ahead every time I see this retard's gormless face and hear him speak.
kFDtETu.png

Ival0xH.jpg

fDomNMl.png

Close. Your. Fucking. Mouth.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Honestly the biggest issue I have with him is that it feels like they didn't give him enough time to train/learn the choreography. For a mythical martial arts warrior his fighting is awful, but I don't think that's his fault unless he was actively skipping training sessions or whatever.

• 1Picard