Marvel Netflix: Defenders

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What about the fact that all the fight scenes were sped up about 5-6 times the normal rate and the camera is constantly cutting to different angles or panning in circles? I'm not sure how anyone could even make heads or tails of what is actually happening in each fight. The fight scenes are completely unintelligible.

It's so ridiculous it actually looks like claymation... like you're watching an episode of Robot Chicken. Marvel seems to be phoning a lot of this TV series shit in.
I didn't have any problem following the fights, which was part of the problem with Elektra's. You could see how slow she moved and the insane amount of space between her and whomever she was fighting. Probably the only exception was the more "brawly" exchange with Daredevil at the end, because that was not flashy for the most part. Most of the other characters didn't require 2 feet of space between them and whatever they were supposed to be hitting.

I still disagree that Iron Fist (the series) is objectively terrible. It just isn't what people wanted/expected. I had no stake in it other than liking martial arts in general and it kind of fell flat there but it still beats out some of the other stuff as far as story, characters, etc. Really the biggest problem with Iron Fist is Iron Fist himself and I don't think it's the actor, I think it's the way they wrote the character.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was really hoping for a "getting smarter" montage where Danny is shown being tutored like Billy Madison by Ward and Stick in an elementary school classroom. Hell, the entire plan came down to "get him to the wall and he'll do something stupid."

I'm glad Darth Gao survived.

The most impressive move was Bushido taking out that arm without harming the enormous boobs in the way.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jessica Jones super ability is that shes as strong as man.

She is stronger than luke cage but only marginally. They are pretty close on pure power level there. She does not have his super strong skin so she gets hurt more in fight which makes her more cautious in fights as well as not really having much if any training. Her other power which does get used once is she can leap at least small/midsized buildings in a single bound which is a pretty useful ability for a PI to follow people in ways nobody would expect.

Her strength does not really shine fighting hordes of super combat trained ninja. The fact she holds her own well enough is a testament to how strong she really is.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I feel like with eight episodes they could have come up with an excuse to get Colleen Wing in a bathing suit or lingerie or something.

Fucking shit writers.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
took 3 episodes before a White Privilege Speech by... superheroes.

I wish I was kidding.

eh maybe thrown off cause he called him "white boy" but it sure sounded like more of a "wealth privilege" speech than white privilege. which i'm fine with because wealth is the only true privilege in the world.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like with eight episodes they could have come up with an excuse to get Colleen Wing in a bathing suit or lingerie or something.

Fucking shit writers.
These Marvel shows are full of women that I want to see more of kind of out of nowhere.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That was...OK I guess. Last episode fight with elektra dragged on forever with the I love you girl while punching your face stuff.

Luke Cage and the Iron fist continue to be terrible characters in the show. Bring on the punisher! I also feel like the punisher could have solved all their issues if they asked. Hey Frank these guys love hand to hand combat can you blow them up from far away? Hey thanks.

• 1Solidarity

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My wife is making me watch this. As a disclaimer I don't really like any of the Marvel Netflix shows. DD is the best but even then I find the pacing slow, the action repetitive, the storylines inane and the characters unlikeable. This show is basically taking all of 4 and combining them into a supernova of bad. I'm only 3 episodes in so maybe it'll pick up since they're starting to meet but holy shit the first few episodes were like bore torture.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I didn't mind Luke quite as much in his own show but he was borderline insufferable in this. Danny Rand was still as annoying as ever.

The biggest problems for this series for me were the fight scenes and the plot advancement. The story is all setup with no real growth, character or otherwise. Also, some of the villains felt like a complete waste of screen time and story line. The fight scenes though... god are they terrible. Here's someone kicking, cut to someone punching, cut to someone falling, cut to someone pulling a sword out, cut to someone doing god knows what, cut to someone doing something else. All in sped up turbo speed.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed it. I still find Danny Rand to be horribly miscast, and horribly written character. He's so annoying, he was the weakest part of the show, like he was in his own show.

I missed Jessica Jones, and can't wait to see S2 of her show. I can't wait for S3 of Daredevil too, especially with that ending and it seems they are going with that storyline for S3.

I like the ending for Misty and Colleen, either they are setting up stuff for the future or just fan service, in either case I thought it was a cool ending.

I thought in general that little details like the ending for Misty were more interesting than the overarching storyline which was weak as a whole.

It made for decent TV I though, but not great one.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What stuff with Misty and Colleen are you referring to? Something from the comics?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, interesting. They could totally be building up to that, considering that with the Netflix style approach they can basically put out as many new series as they want. I felt like Misty could have been way more developed or consistent as a character so maybe going with their own show would be good. Of course, assuming Netflix gets to keep making stuff with Disney going off on their own now.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I don't read many comics, but I do know they hang out with Luke and Danny and fight crime, and Misty and Danny are a couple during Immortal Weapons.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
DD needs to kick Jessica from True Blood to the curb. DD/Elektra has always been a favorite of mine, so I liked it. Could have been better sure, but it was not horrible for me.

Krysten remains my fave. Fuck you I am outta here. Fuck you I am back.

I don't mind Luke so much. Iron Fist ruins everything.

Thought Punisher was supposed to be in this, kinda glad he wasn't. I do like what they are doing with Misty and Coleen, it is always nice to see characters introduced into a story that can go somewhere on their own/as a duo.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
DD needs to kick Jessica from True Blood to the curb. DD/Elektra has always been a favorite of mine, so I liked it. Could have been better sure, but it was not horrible for me.

Krysten remains my fave. Fuck you I am outta here. Fuck you I am back.

I don't mind Luke so much. Iron Fist ruins everything.

Thought Punisher was supposed to be in this, kinda glad he wasn't. I do like what they are doing with Misty and Coleen, it is always nice to see characters introduced into a story that can go somewhere on their own/as a duo.

Pretty much happens In the comic arc they teased at the end, with DD meeting his nun mother. Karen Page ended up a junkie whore and sold out DD's identity to Kingpin.

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Enjoyed this for the most part. Show had plenty of shitty things, like the shaky-cam fights, and any scene with iron fist...

JJ is by far the best character on the show, It would be awful without her.

Also I do not understand how anyone could think the night nurse is hot. Bitch is ugly 90% of the time, she can possibly look good with the right lighting and outfit, but that rarely happens on this show. WTF was Jay-Z thinking?