Marvel Universe stuff

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I was wondering because I mentioned in the A:IW thread that we don't know who Dinklage is playing yet and one of the guesses that's been floating around is Eitri, the dwarf that forged Mjolnir. I wasn't sure exactly what weapons had been associated with Thor over the years that might serve as a replacement for the hammer. I could see him perhaps going to get something made after that initial encounter with Thanos following the post-credit scene in Ragnarok.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's a few named weapons he's used across the years, but mjolnir is the one that everyone knows. It's as iconic as superman's "S"

There is a minor rumor that mjolnir will return due to some PR photos, so maybe eitri will reform the hammer?

Royal

Thor never got the pieces of the original. I don't suppose he has many hearts of dying stars just lying around. Though I guess that could be what was being shown in the trailer with him in the center of the large hoop. A star or maybe the forge in the background.

Royal

Well we know, since the Guardians end up finding him floating in space, that things don't end well after the encounter with Thanos's ship. A bunch of dead Asgardians and the loss of the Tesseract. He may come out of that thinking he really does need some sort of weapon, having fought with one for so long.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, where on the Batman-ranking of hand-to-hand combat does Thor rank?? For someone who literally spent millennia fighting in battles alongside the fallen warriors brought to Asgard in their daily battles to prepare for Ragnarok, you'd expect that shit to be pretty high. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep until I know.

Yeah, but Superman was taught hand to hand combat by none other than the God damn Batman.

But what if Goku used Instant Transmission to teleport them somewhere away from the Sun?

Or Doctor Strange...

Magic is his weakness, so Sorcerer Supreme would own the fuck out of him. Just like Strange toys with Thor and Loki like they're jokes.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped by the Collector and find Jarnbjorn or something to make it, could even do something with Groot providing the handle, since I believe the collector still has the Reality Stone and could tie that into the story of why the Guardians need to head back to earth. Though honestly I can't remember anything from Thor 2.

j00t

Just like Strange toys with Thor and Loki like they're jokes.

why do people keep saying this... repeatedly. it's like they didn't watch the movie... strange in no way shape or form used magic against thor. he moved him around the sanctum sanctorum a few times, but thor was absolutely unphased and allowed it. he neither looked nor felt threatened. loki on the other hand? was teleported with a sneak attack. that's it. there was definitely no "toying." there was "i need to get loki away so i can have a conversation with thor" and that's it. an outright battle between loki and strange would be much more that what we saw.

• 1Picard

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
why do people keep saying this... repeatedly. it's like they didn't watch the movie... strange in no way shape or form used magic against thor. he moved him around the sanctum sanctorum a few times, but thor was absolutely unphased and allowed it. he neither looked nor felt threatened. loki on the other hand? was teleported with a sneak attack. that's it. there was definitely no "toying." there was "i need to get loki away so i can have a conversation with thor" and that's it. an outright battle between loki and strange would be much more that what we saw.

I think the idea is that even though Thor or Loki was not really moving to be aggressive or down right battle Strange, he seemed to have a dominant fight intellect of them. Thor and Loki did somewhat threaten Strange and he essentially rolled his eyes and put them where he wanted them to be. By all appearances he seemed to have an intellectual advantage over them as Thor, at times, seem to take a braun of brains approach and Strange wanted to get the problem solved.... so he did. I believe the assumption is, by what what we saw in the movie, is that no matter what you're not only going to have to be powerful but as smart or smarter than Strange. The way he leverages his power to carry out whatever plan he has in his mind at the moment is pretty impressive. I believe that's why you're seeing this said so much. It was just played out as if Strange considered their bully-ish / brute technique to get answers annoying and a waste of his time. You have to give him some credit, no matter their intent, facing Thor and Loki at any level and showing no lack of concern what so ever was pretty cool.

• 1Like

j00t

I think the idea is that even though Thor or Loki was not really moving to be aggressive or down right battle Strange, he seemed to have a dominant fight intellect of them. Thor and Loki did somewhat threaten Strange and he essentially rolled his eyes and put them where he wanted them to be. By all appearances he seemed to have an intellectual advantage over them as Thor, at times, seem to take a braun of brains approach and Strange wanted to get the problem solved.... so he did. I believe the assumption is, by what what we saw in the movie, is that no matter what you're not only going to have to be powerful but as smart or smarter than Strange. The way he leverages his power to carry out whatever plan he has in his mind at the moment is pretty impressive. I believe that's why you're seeing this said so much. It was just played out as if Strange considered their bully-ish / brute technique to get answers annoying and a waste of his time. You have to give him some credit, no matter their intent, facing Thor and Loki at any level and showing no lack of concern what so ever was pretty cool.

yeah, i thought it was a great scene, i really liked it. i just think people are focusing on a scene that didn't really happen. i mean, thor just seemed bemused the entire time and when loki showed back up he was angry, not worried, of course he's got a pretty serious poker face.

the sorcerer supreme ain't no slouch. he's top tier boss level, but strange is a YOUNG sorcerer supreme and i'm pretty sure he's only achieved that in the movies due to lack of options, but because he's "earned" it so to speak. anyway, i digress

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Dude, Strange is literally one of the most powerful beings that isn't cosmic in the Marvel universe. He literally defeated (in a manner of speaking) a God of a universe. "I've come to bargain." Thor isn't Odin (though, "you're stronger"). Loki is a lowly ice being (no offense). But let's be honest, Thor and Strange are good guys. Even in the comics, Strange is an even more overpowered entity than most, and usually passive, like most gods.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Sneak attack? Loki straight up threatened him and Strange brushed him off. "I've been falling for THIRTY MINUTES!" Thor, however, minus being unpleased by his spilled beer, seemed amused.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped by the Collector and find Jarnbjorn or something to make it, could even do something with Groot providing the handle, since I believe the collector still has the Reality Stone and could tie that into the story of why the Guardians need to head back to earth. Though honestly I can't remember anything from Thor 2.
This was in the leaked trailer from... comicon or something?

Guardians are at The Collectors sneaking around because Thanos is also there and pinning The Collector to the ground asking about the reality gem. Thor isn't there so it's either at the start or end of the movie I guess. Drax wants to charge in and attack and Quill is like "no don't!" lol.

Royal

It was in a leaked scene from last week. It may have originally been shown at Comic Con or D23 though.

The Collector says he no longer has the stone (and we see Power and Space in the Gauntlet, though that could be an effects trick like they did with Thor's eye for the marketing). He says he sold it but not to whom.

After loosing the Tesseract Thor probably knows what Thanos is up to. He might send The Guardians to warn The Collector while he goes off to do something else. I'm wondering if they use the Tesseract one last time before Loki hands it over to send Bruce back to Earth to warn the Avengers/Strange.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

I wonder if they have some thoughts already down on how to introduce mutants into the MCU during phase 4 depending on if/when this deal happens.

Royal

If they have 20 more movies in early development for Phase 4 it's a pretty safe bet that at least 3/4 of them aren't so far along that they can't modify their plans going forward.