Marvel Universe stuff

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Marvel put out a casting call a few days ago for 2 year old twin boys for a small part in the second Infinity War movie. Everyone is speculating that they will be the infant versions of Wiccan and Speed.

Caliane

I read the original Phoenix saga and didn't really understand the fascination with it, and I'm not familiar much with the Phoenix since then, but it always struck me as... not that well done. Cosmic super power entity half-posses-but-not-really random Earth girl and proceeds to cause drama for her friends. Great? I'd be curious to see what MCU could do with it and mutants since their take on character power has been pretty solid so far but that'd be years down the road.
90's man. Literally everyone was on coke. Even people not on coke, were somehow, on cocaine. explains Leifield, ninja turtles, xmen/claremont, death of superman, pizza hut, etc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
90's man. Literally everyone was on coke. Even people not on coke, were somehow, on cocaine. explains Leifield, ninja turtles, xmen/claremont, death of superman, pizza hut, etc.

Nothing explains Leifield.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Trying to not crowd the A:IW thread but just curious when considering how the MCU has taken some liberties in terms of powers/abilities, is anyone close to Thanos? How do the heroes rank right now? I'm guess Thor & Hulk are at the top with Strange somewhere near them? The GotG always throw me a bit as you have daughters of Thanos and Starlord who is half cosmic but not sure how close they're going to stick to the Infinity Quest / Infinity Gauntlet / Infinity War levels as some characters are not in the MCU.

Captain Marvel, if she shows up in IW, would be up there with Thor. I think.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Trying to not crowd the A:IW thread but just curious when considering how the MCU has taken some liberties in terms of powers/abilities, is anyone close to Thanos?
House of M era Scarlet Witch is probably top of the pile.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Thanos wrecks Thor and Superman. Thanos was unwelcomed by Death for many years for betraying her and was unable to be killed for a period of time. He even faced down Galactus and decided to take on Odin in Asgard. The battle vs Odin wasn't a real fight due to Thanos just trying to distract Odin so Adam Warlock could bring Thor into Asgard.

• 1Picard

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hows Thor vs Superman? Could Superman whip Thanos' ass?

Thor would destroy Superman. Superman's weakness is magic, Thor is literally magic. It's why Shazam can beat Supes. And Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet would get smashed just like Darkseid, when Superman doesn't hold back.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For what it's worth, thor was inspired by superman. There are obviously a lot of differences between the two, but at the time of Thor's comic inception, superman was top of the food chain and Marvel wanted the same type of position for Thor.

If they fought it SHOULD be a stand still, though Thor's abilities and hammer should be considered magical, giving him the edge.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Thor was/is a Norse god who far exceed's Superman's creation by hundreds of years. His comic book version in Marvel was brought in to compete with Superman's success yes. And depending on the writers his power level is far beyond anything Superman can hope for. The problem is fanboy's power level of characters. A base level full god (not half god/demi god) should always out power an Alien like Superman. But it's always the writers and fanboys who make it seem close. Now in the movie verses Thor's power level (Even after Ragnorok) is super low. And Superman's is about right in their movies. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are under powered compared to thier comic book power levels currently.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Where is @Shonuff ? I haven't seen his opinions of any of the recent movies. Plus he's the expert on DC and Marvel power levels.

• 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, where on the Batman-ranking of hand-to-hand combat does Thor rank?? For someone who literally spent millennia fighting in battles alongside the fallen warriors brought to Asgard in their daily battles to prepare for Ragnarok, you'd expect that shit to be pretty high. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep until I know.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If you're talking about who's more powerful, it's easily Superman. He's stronger, faster, has misc abilities like heat vision, and has already been shown as worthy to lift Mjolnir so he could take away Thor's only advantage.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you're talking about who's more powerful, it's easily Superman. He's stronger, faster, has misc abilities like heat vision, and has already been shown as worthy to lift Mjolnir so he could take away Thor's only advantage.
But what if Goku used Instant Transmission to teleport them somewhere away from the Sun?

Or Doctor Strange...

• 1Worf

j00t

Mjolnir isn't Thor's only access to magic. It's not even his only magical item. His belt if giant giant strength MAGICALLY bestows Thor with the strength of frost giants. So anytime Thor uses any physicality at all, it's magic.

I'd also wager that Thor is a much better fighter as he's been doing it for thousands of years.

j00t

In his youth, yes. Didn't read much of those comics though

He also used the Odinsword like once or twice, but that thing is an extinction level event anytime it gets unsheathed

Last edited: