Marvel Universe stuff

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Marvel Studios Has Plans For At Least 20 More Films

“22 movies in, and we’ve got another 20 movies on the docket that are completely different from anything that’s come before — intentionally,” Feige told Vanity Fair. “There will be two distinct periods. Everything before Avengers 4 and everything after. I know it will not be in ways people are expecting.”

Feige also teased that Avengers 4 will “bring things you’ve never seen in superhero films: a finale.”

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So Marvel just cast WB's Nu-Dumbledore for the MCU? Not giving an inch :=)

For a little added salt, Law was offered the role of Superman in one of WB's earlier attempts to restart the franchise about 15 years ago ... and turned it down.

If he ends up taking the role the MCU will include all of the actors for both the movie and BBC versions of Holmes and Watson.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Marvel Studios Has Plans For At Least 20 More Films

“22 movies in, and we’ve got another 20 movies on the docket that are completely different from anything that’s come before — intentionally,” Feige told Vanity Fair. “There will be two distinct periods. Everything before Avengers 4 and everything after. I know it will not be in ways people are expecting.”

Feige also teased that Avengers 4 will “bring things you’ve never seen in superhero films: a finale.”

That seems to all but confirm they are going to retire the phase 1 heroes for the most part.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sounds like a good idea. I'm starting to get tired of seeing the same characters over and over again. Superhero fatigue is real.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

I don't see that in what he's saying at all. I think a lot of people are expecting several deaths to result from the eventual encounter with Thanos. I'm more inclined to think there will be a structural distinction between the two eras. There may not be a big bad as the common thread joining the various movies post IW. It may be more of an event that some or most of the movies to come are a chapter in.

Cybsled

His use of the word "finale" suggests the end of a story or stories, though. It could be as simple as the Infinity Stone stuff they have had as a common thread through all the films, but I am inclined to think they are going to retire a number of heroes (Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow are probably the most likely).

Royal

Oh I think some of those characters are likely to evolve into roles other than that of active members of the Avengers. I could see Thor transitioning into more of an Odin figure. And Tony, even if he were to die, they could keep RDJ around as part of the AI for the suit (and Stark is narcissistic enough to do something like that). For any that do happen to die by the end of A4, Captain Marvel will have introduced the Skrulls just a few months prior. So any death has the potential to be someone other than the genuine article.

Black Widow is probably the most likely candidate for an actual death. I think SJ is over the role now and she's not very active in any of the promotional gigs for the movies anymore.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Thanos wins kills or exiles all the avengers. It's upto a team of resistance fighters led by Spiderman to bring down Thanos in Avengers 8.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
One theory out there is the MCU will become the Marvel Cosmic Universe after A4. Chris Hemsworth wants to continue as Thor and Taika Waititi wants to do another Thor movie. There will still be earth based films like Spider-Man, but space will be the focus.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
One theory out there is the MCU will become the Marvel Cosmic Universe after A4. Chris Hemsworth wants to continue as Thor and Taika Waititi wants to do another Thor movie. There will still be earth based films like Spider-Man, but space will be the focus.
I'm pretty sure they (Marvel) specifically called it that and explained it like that already. I know I've seen it referenced in multiple YouTube videos at least.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I know it's kind of how the comic ended but I think it will be a weak finale if Thanos "wins" but then the whole war is undone by Nebula or whomever and all the various characters are freed up for their individual movies as if nothing happened.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It'd be ballsy, but would love for him to wipe out half the universe and they actually go through a year or two of the individual movies introducing new characters but also dealing w/ the consequences and maintaining that new status quo before 'fixing' it at the end of phase 4.

Cybsled

New season of Agents of Shield takes place in space, so it could potentially offer some hints on the post-Avenger direction.

Royal

One theory out there is the MCU will become the Marvel Cosmic Universe after A4.

Yeah when Gunn was named the architect for Marvel's cosmic arm they tipped their hand that they have plans to go further in that direction. I'm hoping it ends up being even grander than that though. With Doctor Strange and Ant-Man they've sown the seeds for a Marvel Multiverse.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I fucking love Marvel. We have President Trump and Marvel Cinematic Universe. Best time EVER to be alive in America.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Trying to not crowd the A:IW thread but just curious when considering how the MCU has taken some liberties in terms of powers/abilities, is anyone close to Thanos? How do the heroes rank right now? I'm guess Thor & Hulk are at the top with Strange somewhere near them? The GotG always throw me a bit as you have daughters of Thanos and Starlord who is half cosmic but not sure how close they're going to stick to the Infinity Quest / Infinity Gauntlet / Infinity War levels as some characters are not in the MCU.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I read the original Phoenix saga and didn't really understand the fascination with it, and I'm not familiar much with the Phoenix since then, but it always struck me as... not that well done. Cosmic super power entity half-posses-but-not-really random Earth girl and proceeds to cause drama for her friends. Great? I'd be curious to see what MCU could do with it and mutants since their take on character power has been pretty solid so far but that'd be years down the road.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user