Marvel Universe stuff

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's rated low because Cap was a Gosh Golly Yankee Doodle, the story was fairly boring, his powers at origin were really underwhelming and the villain was mediocre.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Hayley Atwell dressed up in a Miss America costume that showed some cleavage it might have been rated higher. Also Cap didn't get to punch Hitler in the face.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If Hayley Atwell dressed up in a Miss America costume that showed some cleavage it might have been rated higher. Also Cap didn't get to punch Hitler in the face.

• 1Salty

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If you sort of break down the movie into it's parts it seems like it has all the components to be quite good, but the sum of the parts didn't really work out that way. It ended up feeling relatively bland. All that said even the worst MCU movies are still decent/pretty good movies. The floor level on these has been incredibly high even IM2 isn't Spiderman3 or F4 bad.

the only trash one IMO was The Incredible Hulk.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Captain America 1 is a great movie, I don't know why people rate it low.

It's basically the same movie as Wonder Women but executed better throughout and a much better ending.

cap is my favorite superhero, so i've assumed i was just biased, but i love cap 1. the way they handled pre-serum steve was just spot on. when he jumps on the grenade, when he unties the flagpole... just perfect steve rogers. you don't need super powers to be a hero.

• 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
when thor 2 came out, the forum was mostly pretty positive about it. i distinctly remember everyone talking about it like it was a good space adventure.
I distinctly remember that too, because I thought it was terrible and was mostly alone in my opinion. Much like the Tron reboot that, at the time, the forum loved.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
After Infinity War, I realized how much Chris Evans really did an amazing job capturing the essence of Captain America. I was never a huge fan of The First Avenger, but I loved Winter Soldier and Civil War. It wasn't until Infinity War though that I realized how ingrained Chris Evans is to the Captain persona though..and the fact that he has actual depth of character. If the spoilers are true:

and Cap does sacrifice himself, it will be sad as hell.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
After Infinity War, I realized how much Chris Evans really did an amazing job capturing the essence of Captain America. I was never a huge fan of The First Avenger, but I loved Winter Soldier and Civil War. It wasn't until Infinity War though that I realized how ingrained Chris Evans is to the Captain persona though..and the fact that he has actual depth of character. If the spoilers are true:

and Cap does sacrifice himself, it will be sad as hell.
thats from this
img_8399.png

img_8400.png

img_8401.png

img_8402.png

img_8403.png

and since it's from Hickmans run, it's a high possibility (what the black order is from)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Like I said. Cap wielding Mjolnir and Cap dying will be the big moments of A4. That and the Hulk letting loose completely and throwing planets or whatever the fuck happens.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Winter Soldier might be my favorite MCU movie so far. Civil War is up there. Cap 1 was... not for me.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Compared to Ironman 1, CA 1 was trash. Compared to Black Panther or Thor 2, it's solidly middle of the road. When I walked out of Thor 2 and Black Panther I honestly felt like I had wasted my time, and both are literally inconsequential to the over all story (I mean, IM2 and IM3 are, too, but for whatever reason was less annoyed by those). I liked Incredible Hulk if only because Hulk got to do Hulk shit.

Winter Soldier is one of the most solid movies, as it feels the most grounded. Like watching a finely polished old school action movie.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Compared to Ironman 1, CA 1 was trash. Compared to Black Panther or Thor 2, it's solidly middle of the road. When I walked out of Thor 2 and Black Panther I honestly felt like I had wasted my time, and both are literally inconsequential to the over all story (I mean, IM2 and IM3 are, too, but for whatever reason was less annoyed by those). I liked Incredible Hulk if only because Hulk got to do Hulk shit.

Winter Soldier is one of the most solid movies, as it feels the most grounded. Like watching a finely polished old school action movie.
Whats especially telling is you can have watched thor1 (which my wife did, cuz she was on a plane), then watched avengers1/2, and just watch Thor3 and be like, ok and miss NOTHING.

jane foster? who gives a shit
sif? who gives a shit
warriors 3? who gives a shit
odin? they take him off the table real quick

The only 3 things that matter in thor are

thor
loki
mjolnir

even then mjolnir gets taken care of real quick.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fuckin Comcast. How is that company still in business. They bought and sold Paramount, and countless others. They're a holding company for investors, which is why they suck so hard at managing and maintaining entities.