Marvel Universe stuff

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's possible, although unlikely. Good directors/producers/writers don't just pop out of nowhere and jump into a well known series to pick up where it was left off with no hiccups.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It's possible, although unlikely. Good directors/producers/writers don't just pop out of nowhere and jump into a well known series to pick up where it was left off with no hiccups.
Like Ron Howard saving Solo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Jeez.. GotG is a one-man franchise. He turned relatively C-listers at best into one of the most recognizable super hero franchises in the world.

No way can Vol 3 survive without him

MCU movies are formulaic as fuck. Even when you get good directors with unique styles you only end up the barest hints of their style in the final product. Just throw some random TV director on it, make sure there's a quip every 3rd line and have a bunch of cheap CG characters punch each other in the final fight and everyone will love it.

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
MCU movies are formulaic as fuck. Even when you get good directors with unique styles you only end up the barest hints of their style in the final product. Just throw some random TV director on it, make sure there's a quip every 3rd line and have a bunch of cheap CG characters punch each other in the final fight and everyone will love it.

Wat is a secret imposter from Warner Brothers and is scheduled to direct the next Superman movie.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Remember kids, if you say or have said anything that can be construed, or even miscontrued, by anyone at any point in the future to be against the norms of their time, you can and will go to Career Jail.

With Feige's apparent position that diversifying the Marvel Universe is the biggest importance post-Avengers 4 and stuff like this, the MCU is rapidly dropping to Star Wars-ian territory of "I will only see Movie X when reputable people say it is worth my time."

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
The ironic thing is that its not the leftists that got Gunn canned, the entire outrage began last week when he started tweeting out attacks on Trump so a lot of 4chan/alt-right trolls started digging through his twitter history

twitter is now basically just weaponized autism

i'd guess the next one is Sacha Baron Cohen gets shit canned from Showtime next week because he has some a lot of crazy stuff in the UK on Ali G/etc that leftists will not be ok with

Juvarisx

Florida
I said it after that baseball player had old tweets dredged up earlier this week. IF you make it shut down your twitter unless you are contractually required to have it. Its a pos product that ruins lives.

• 1Like

Brad2770

So investors OK’ed Disney acquire Fox. So are we going to get X-Men done right? Do you think Disney can find an actor that can out do Hugh Jackman as Wolverine?

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
I wouldn't mind them keeping most of the current cast (Sophie Turner can go, rest can stay) and pretty much ignore the movies that happened prior to now. Sounds like the perfect time to fold them back in, with the inevitable shenanigans that will happen during/after Avengers 4 to soft/hard reset everything. Just depends how far they're willing to go.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Easy.

Give me a well done, totally recast and true to the comic House of M trilogy with full MCU tie ins.

Boom.

Reset.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So investors OK’ed Disney acquire Fox. So are we going to get X-Men done right? Do you think Disney can find an actor that can out do Hugh Jackman as Wolverine?

Joe Rogan has the right height and thickness and 5 o'clock shadow, how about him? Only halfway kidding.

• 1Picard

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah he is way too old, but a lot of people complained that Huge Jackman was too tall, too good looking and not thick enough to play the part. Rogan is short, ugly and ever since he got roided out - thick as hell.

Stick a yellow cap on the guy, tell him not to shave for a few hours and he basically looks like classic costumed Wolverine.

Brad2770

If you have "Give Joe Rogan Hair" money, then you have "Make Joe Rogan look younger" money.

We got our Wolverine!

89A29641-F5C9-4316-95B1-B40BE6C683E5.jpeg

• 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think we'll see X-Men or Fantastic Four from Marvel for a few years. They will most likely want the sour taste of the Fox X-Men and FF to wear off a bit before introducing mutants and the X-Men in the MCU.

If I were them, I'd probably plant the seeds in a few movies about mutant before introducing the X-Men. Since the movies for 2019 are already filmed it would probably be difficult then.

In the 2020 movies, I would start rumors of mutants but not necessary see any

In the 2021 you could slowly start introducing a few in existing franchises, either as villains, or in the same way they did with Black Panther and Civil War.

Then in 2022 you do a few movie, and then introduce X-Men as a group by the end 2022, or in 2023. You do it slow and methodically like they did with the Avengers, you don't rush it like DC did with Justice League.

Marvel can afford to take it's time with this...they already have solid franchises to put 3 movies a year, I doubt they want to make much more than that to avoid super-hero fatigue, and stretching themselves too thin and let quality go down.

I think we're more likely to see Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus and other stuff from the FF rights before we see X-Men to be honest.

It's awesome news though.

• 1Like