Marvel Universe stuff

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I don't think we'll see X-Men or Fantastic Four from Marvel for a few years. They will most likely want the sour taste of the Fox X-Men and FF to wear off a bit before introducing mutants and the X-Men in the MCU.

If I were them, I'd probably plant the seeds in a few movies about mutant before introducing the X-Men. Since the movies for 2019 are already filmed it would probably be difficult then.

In the 2020 movies, I would start rumors of mutants but not necessary see any

In the 2021 you could slowly start introducing a few in existing franchises, either as villains, or in the same way they did with Black Panther and Civil War.

Then in 2022 you do a few movie, and then introduce X-Men as a group by the end 2022, or in 2023. You do it slow and methodically like they did with the Avengers, you don't rush it like DC did with Justice League.

Marvel can afford to take it's time with this...they already have solid franchises to put 3 movies a year, I doubt they want to make much more than that to avoid super-hero fatigue, and stretching themselves too thin and let quality go down.

I think we're more likely to see Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus and other stuff from the FF rights before we see X-Men to be honest.

It's awesome news though.
Or just slam them with House of M the second Infinity War is over. C'mon, you know that shit would be dope as fuck.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Or just slam them with House of M the second Infinity War is over. C'mon, you know that shit would be dope as fuck.

I wouldn't be surprise if they use a variation of that story to introduce mutants in the MCU to be honest. Have Scarlet Witch have a mental breakdown because of the loss of Vision, and then alter reality in a way that leads to the introduction of mutants. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i'd guess the next one is Sacha Baron Cohen gets shit canned from Showtime next week because he has some a lot of crazy stuff in the UK on Ali G/etc that leftists will not be ok with

He really doesn't. UK Ali G was more or less the same as the version made for the USA, and I say that as someone that was watching his first TV appearances on Channel 4's "11 O'Clock Show" (which is also where Ricky Gervais got his break) back in high school and imploring everyone to check it out.

Besides, the debate whether Ali G is racist because it satirises black/Asian culture has already been done and nobody cared

Wide of the mark here, another quality spronk post

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A lot of sites speculating that Dark Phoenix and New Mutants will get shelved and maybe just released later to their streaming service (but not in continuity or anything), especially after they apparently had no presence at SDCC.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They still need to put out a Marvel movie every so often or they lose the rights, just like Fox was beholden to solo. They will put out at least one of 'em, probably both.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Spiderman was Sony, Mutants was Fox. Sony made a deal and Disney will now own Fox. There are few characters/villians with stray licenses outstanding but everything has basically come home.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
?? disney owns marvel entirely

You mean *now* they do? Fox owned part of Marvel (X-Men), and New Disney is still beholden to the same agreement that Fox was regarding having to release X-Men movies every so often.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't think that is a bad thing for Disney at all. And are they forced to release "X-Men movie" every so often, or are they able to use the characters and term X-Men in other movies to get around the requirement?

spronk

FPS noob
You mean *now* they do? Fox owned part of Marvel (X-Men), and New Disney is still beholden to the same agreement that Fox was regarding having to release X-Men movies every so often.

it mattered when fox was an independent company, they could sue each other if they felt one was in breach of the contract. Once Fox is 100% part of Disney it won't matter, the contract could just expire and no one would care. So yeah, those terms and licenses are all pretty much dead and Disney can do whatever it wants with the X-Men characters once the merger is done. They can put X-Men into MCU or they could put them into Ducktales or they could just bury all the X-Men for a decade, its up to them.

The only exception is Spiderman, for which Sony still has a licensing deal that Disney has to honor but Disney and Sony seem to have come to a understanding on that anyways. I don't think any other Marvel characters have licensing issues anymore.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The spider-man license consists of every character that is a primary source in the Spider-Man universe. So there's that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Once Fox is 100% part of Disney it won't matter, the contract could just expire and no one would care.

There's more than just Disney and Fox in the world. If the license expires, other companies WILL bid for the rights. And from what I understand, the company forfeiting the rights (now New Disney) would not just be able to outbid everyone and buy the rights back. You're misunderstanding the situation.

spronk

FPS noob
There's more than just Disney and Fox in the world. If the license expires, other companies WILL bid for the rights. And from what I understand, the company forfeiting the rights (now New Disney) would not just be able to outbid everyone and buy the rights back. You're misunderstanding the situation.

are you high as fuck, i don't think you understand how companies, IP, or licensing works man. other companies can't randomly bid on licenses and contracts and be confident of winning, i can't go up to Apple and say "yo i wanna make ipads gimme a license to make one, i'll give you $5b". there is no fucking bidding or auctions, its all owned by Disney. Why is this so confusing for you?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
are you high as fuck, i don't think you understand how companies, IP, or licensing works man. other companies can't randomly bid on licenses and contracts and be confident of winning, i can't go up to Apple and say "yo i wanna make ipads gimme a license to make one, i'll give you $5b". there is no fucking bidding or auctions, its all owned by Disney. Why is this so confusing for you?

This is the last post I will make on the subject. Read carefully.

Part of Fox's licensed rights for X-Men require them to release a movie every so often, or they forfeit the rights. This part of the agreement will still stand for New Disney.

It's not random, it is a very specific situation.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
This is the last post I will make on the subject. Read carefully.

Part of Fox's licensed rights for X-Men require them to release a movie every so often, or they forfeit the rights. This part of the agreement will still stand for New Disney.

It's not random, it is a very specific situation.
Right, Fox loses the rights and it reverts to Marvel. Which is also owned by Disney.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Right, Fox loses the rights and it reverts to Marvel. Which is also owned by Disney.

Ah yeah, you're right. While I'm fairly sure spronk had no clue what he was talking about (since this is the rebuttal he would have used if he had), I do apologise to the thread at large, because you're correct here, Sterling.

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ah yeah, you're right. While I'm fairly sure spronk had no clue what he was talking about (since this is the rebuttal he would have used if he had), I do apologise to the thread at large, because you're correct here, Sterling.

No, Spronk pretty clearly knew what he was talking about. His point the entire time was that Disney will own it all one the merger is complete.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The only exception is Spiderman, for which Sony still has a licensing deal that Disney has to honor but Disney and Sony seem to have come to a understanding on that anyways. I don't think any other Marvel characters have licensing issues anymore.

There's that thing with the Hulk at least still. They can use him, but they can't give him his own movie without cutting money off to another studio. I think it's Universal? I think after the Fox thing goes through it is just the Spidey-verse they need to get back. I assume there may still be a character here and there that may be licensed out. Like they had to get back Luke Cage and Blade back a few years ago.

Juvarisx

Florida
There's that thing with the Hulk at least still. They can use him, but they can't give him his own movie without cutting money off to another studio. I think it's Universal? I think after the Fox thing goes through it is just the Spidey-verse they need to get back. I assume there may still be a character here and there that may be licensed out. Like they had to get back Luke Cage and Blade back a few years ago.

Hulk, Betty Ross, General Ross, Abomination is Universal for a standalone, in a group setting its Marvel. She Hulk is purely Universal and Namor is NBC (who the fuck knows why). For the Spiderman and related content its Spiderman, MJ, Aunt May, Shocker, Vulture and AFAIK Mysterio as a crossover ONLY (which means there will be Avengers in it) while the rest of the villains, Gwen Stacey and Carnage, Venom is still Sony only.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No, Spronk pretty clearly knew what he was talking about. His point the entire time was that Disney will own it all one the merger is complete.

Yeah I guess he did. Dunno what I was thinking. Sorry spronk.

There was an article I read the other day that detailed why the prior Fox agreement would mean Dark Phone and New Mutants will probably still be released, but I can't find it now. I suppose I misunderstood some detail... the fact that the merger isn't truly final yet was part of it iirc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like