Marvel Universe stuff

Chris

Potato del Grande
How do you climb with claws that can slice through anything? Best I can think is you could cut out handholds, but the way he's doing it...no.

Yes, I know, comic book. Just asking!
They are not lightsabres. They would need force put into then to make a cut.

Goonsquad Officer
Does his skeleton weigh more than normal? I thought one of its mguffy mguffin properties is that it was light in addition to being gooder at cutting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Does his skeleton weigh more than normal? I thought one of its mguffy mguffin properties is that it was light in addition to being gooder at cutting.

I think Wolverine is listed at 300lbs for a 5'3", so yeah his skeleton weight more. Don't quote me on that though.:)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Like say the force required to pull (half) your (adamantium laced) body weight up the side of a mountain, with no help from your legs?
Like a walking stick? No I don't think that's enough force.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Like a walking stick? No I don't think that's enough force.
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say, but ok, let's go with what I guess you are implying. Let's make that walking stick out of adamantium and sharpen it to a razor point. If it ain't no thang, I'm sure you won't mind if he accidentally jabs it into your foot and leans on it with half of his body weight then? Or would it go right through your fucking shoe and foot and probably into the sidewalk below it?

I realize this is a dumb argument, but that's what we do here, right? I mean, we can just chalk it up to Wolverine being able to do anything he wants, and I really can't argue that. It just reminds me of the terrible, terrible scene in the movie where he spins around a crown spike of the Statue of Liberty with just his claws. Instead of just slicing the fucking spike off and continuing to fly off into the distance.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Like say the force required to pull (half) your (adamantium laced) body weight up the side of a mountain, with no help from your legs?

No, way more force than that. Not sure why you're defending your argument like you're the rational one here when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Acting like going through someone's shoe and going through solid rock are the same thing is mind bottlingly stupid

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, if I'm the lone voice of reason in a sea of gobbling turkeys here then I'll admit that maybe I'm actually the turkey. I even said I knew it was a stupid argument.

Now let's talk about how he gets enough leverage to punch with this massive amount of force it apparently requires to penetrate rock! While he's reaching literally as high as he possibly can!

I kid. But you have to at least admit *parts* of the scenario are "comic book hand-waving." I'll concede defeat though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say, but ok, let's go with what I guess you are implying. Let's make that walking stick out of adamantium and sharpen it to a razor point. If it ain't no thang, I'm sure you won't mind if he accidentally jabs it into your foot and leans on it with half of his body weight then? Or would it go right through your fucking shoe and foot and probably into the sidewalk below it?

Before you were implying it would fall through to the planet core or something because adamantium cuts through everything.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Before you were implying it would fall through to the planet core or something because adamantium cuts through everything.
That's overstating it just a bit, I think, but I'm not gonna Tanoomba the meaning of words here, so fair enough. I was wrong.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The blades cutting through the rock due to his weight would imply that his weight would be spread across the entire blade, whereas it's more likely to be placed closest to his hand. The hand would be providing enough force against the rock to keep the blade from cutting straight down, and the top sides of the blades are supposed to not be edged AFAIK, so they wouldn't cut upwards.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
If he did it at a 45 degreeish angle, the flat part of the blades would easily accommodate him.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He may have indestructible blades that can cut anything, but you need a certain velocity to cut through some things. IE - He can't just swing his arm and cut through 2+" thick tank armor. These are stationary metal blades, not Lightsaber's.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Ack-chtually...

Wolverine’s claws frequently morphed back and forth between blades and claws in the comics depending on who was drawing, the angle they were being drawn at, and what Logan was doing at the time.

In the movies it would appear that coating his natural bone claws not only applied a micro sharp razors edge onto the exact same side on each claw but made them narrower as well.

More magical than Harry Potter.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bone-shaped claws didn't exist until after Magneto had de-adamantium'd him during Fatal Attraction. They were always knives previously. That's why people were so shocked that he could still have claws after being stripped of metal.

x-men-25-010.jpg

And then this is him popping his claws for the first time after that happened.
Wolverine%2B%252375%2B-%2Bbone%2Bclaws.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The blades cutting through the rock due to his weight would imply that his weight would be spread across the entire blade, whereas it's more likely to be placed closest to his hand. The hand would be providing enough force against the rock to keep the blade from cutting straight down, and the top sides of the blades are supposed to not be edged AFAIK, so they wouldn't cut upwards.

View attachment 175703

This is so penis-y. Good job.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user