Marvel Universe stuff

fris

Vyemm Raider
I would love it if they did that. They spent so much time setting up the good guys, why not the badguy. So when avengers 3 premiers everyone who saw thanos quest will just nod and say " avengers are fucked..." And you have no hope for them winning. Make avengers 3 a 2 part movie half a year apart.

So let's imagine they actually did make thanos quest a stand alone movie, you would be able to introduce thanos, death, the gems and it's power. And focus on the tactical prowess and utter lunacy of thanos. Make him be intriguing and also respect his enormous level of power, and what he is about to obtain. Loki gives him the gauntlet, and feeds him the info about the gems.

Thanos quest is done, and now you want to set up the avengers 3. Like i said a 2 parter, because you cannot do infinity gauntlet justice in 1 movie.

Open with thanos angry as fuck at death for shunning him after he sort of betrayed her, her envoy sais something like "you betrayed your mistress, you revere her, you love her, but you went past her and became more powerful that death itself, Loki (replacing mephisto) whispers something in thanos' ear wich angers thanos and he sends a power surge through the galaxy that litterrally knocks silver surfer off his board, and surfer immediately realises what happened and he sets off to earth where he finds the guardians of the galaxy ship adrift after being hit by the same ripple. He boards the ship and sees the guardians scramble trying to patch up the ship in panic yelling they have to set course to earth to inform the avengers and especially thor what happened, and the danger that is ahead. Surfer goed ahead and crash lands in the sanctum sanctorum of dr. Strange, the guardians land on earth almost litterrally crashing into a helicarrier. They get intercepted by nick fury and they explain who they are and what is about to happen.

The avengers get assembled, add some appearances by captain marvel, black panther and lets just fantasize the fantastic four are no longer property of fox, they get called up too. Add nova? Quasar? You need some space guys i guess.
Dr. Strange appears in a big flash with a severely exhausted silver surfer in the middle of them all and everything gets explained about who thanos is and what terrifying weapon he wields. Thor recognises the gauntlet they speak of and ports away trying to find loki, who isn't there, he informs odin, who assembles the other asgardians to prepare an attack.

Stark and reed richards repair the guardians ship and they all set off into space, maybe add ronan the accuser who apparently is being introduced in the guardians of the galaxy movie, and gladiator and some other notable alien heroes( no beta ray bill!) to make the force that is off to attack thanos more impressive.

And the battle starts, with dr. Strange keeping everyone alive in space. Thanos just laughs and shows some power, where loki gives the heroes a fighting chance with his manipulation where he informs thanos that death might be impressed if he gives the heroes a fighting chance, thanos drunk with power agrees and tells loki he will only use a fraction of the power he has.

A lot of fighting goes on, and thanos almost loses the gauntlet to silver surfer who flies in hyper speed and narrowly misses the gauntlet. Thanos becomes enraged and uses his full potential to defeat the heroes. End the first part with ships broken and adrift, heroes heavily wounded and a total devastation.....credits.

Part 2 begins in a white space, odin and a heavily beaten thor make their plea to a voice, who answers they will not interfere and risk destroying all reality. Eternity will not join the battle(wich solves that problem) but they will send someone to aid in battle. Big flash of light, and we're being dropped in the middle of the guardians spaceship that made their escape with a handful of avengers and a lot of heavily wounded heroes. A deafening voice scares the everliving crap out of silver surfer, who explains to dr strange that his master has entered the battle. Queue a big round orb appearing, and galactus stepping outside.

Galactus was followed by 2 celestials, who are explained by silver surfer to be caretakers of the universe, a race of gigantic entities. The celestials move towards thanos, thanos floating in space with energy dripping off his hands in a pose that screams "bring it on!" His eyes on fire he flies headfirst into one of the celestials and like a bullet enters and exits a celestial chest. The other does a thunderclap swatting thanos like a fly. His hands explode and thanos is now even more angry. Galactus hurls a few planets at thanos, and sends a meteor shower at him. Thanos flies to galactus and odin and the aesir appear, with thor and a person that also gets introduced in guardians of the galaxy, thanos' daughter nebula. She moves towards "dad" and in an unguarded moment thanos loses the gauntlet to nebula. She gets overpowered by the gems and inexperienced as she is wielding it, the time for a last ditch effort to defeat the wielder of the gauntlet succeeds as mjolnir clocks her in the side of her head, all the remaining heroes give everything they have left in bringing her down, and loki, who turned coat as he sees thanos getting defeated, takes the gauntlet. Thor and loki stand face to face and odin sides thor and destroys the gauntlet.

Drax the destroyer sees his chance to kill thanos and plunges an aesir spear in thanos' chest. Death walks up to thanos and sends him off to his death, and whisk everyone away to their respective places in the galaxy.

That is how i would want to see it done. Despite the few property problems, this way you can leave out a lot of cannonfodder superheroes, nix the xmen, nix spiderman who has no business there, and you don't have to bothe with adam warlock and the infinity watch. Adam warlock is hell to introduce, as it's such a complicated character....

So this was my fantasy screenplay lol.
fapfapfap

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
All I know is that I will bust the biggest, cleanest nut I've ever had, right there in the theater, if I get to watch a well done Infinity Gauntlet movie. And if it has an awesome Adam Warlock in it, I will bust repeated nuts.
How many nuts went a'bust during Man of Steel?

Also, I hate to ask, butclean nut? Wakandan, all my nuts is kleen.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
A clean nut is where you clear the pipes 100%. It is a rare thing to present such a forceful release as to accomplish the feat and thus is used only for the most choice ejactulate.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
A clean nut is where you clear the pipes 100%. It is a rare thing to present such a forceful release as to accomplish the feat and thus is used only for the most choice ejactulate.
The Ancient knows what I'm talking about, but if you need further clarification, PM Lyrical.

Scleris' concept post was awesome, and I'd fucking love to watch that. However, I really need to see Adam Warlock one of these days, he was pretty much the first "cosmic" hero that I read about (I honestly never considered people like Silver Surfer or Galactus as part of the "cosmic" storyline, even though technically they are, because they were far more involved with groups like The Fantastic Four), which of course got me familiar with Thanos and everyone else. I have no idea who I would want to play him, but Faramir doesn't really fit my idea of him at all.

Also, while I will continue to say your idea was awesome, I have to express my disappointment over singling out Beta Ray Bill as someone not to include
frown.png
Why, oh why, must my beloved Bill be so endlessly persecuted?!

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Because you already have a thor. Adding an alien in asgardian attire with a hammer and have at thee speak, will confuse the everliving crap out of people, next to that, look at beta and the cheatauri from the avengers movie. I don't hate beta ray bill, but i tried to condense the addition of superheroes to make it remotely understandable to non comic readers. Hence why i put loki in the role mephisto has in the comics, i left out the xmen, spiderman, thanos' half brother who's name i forgot, the entire infinity watch except drax and gamora who are in the guardians and the cosmic entities. I added a few names of characters who are getting introduced in guardians of the galaxy to give the avengers army some volume. And instead of the cosmic entities i added the asgardians, because i don't believe they would be sitting on their hands with a war of cosmic magnitude around the corner....with loki involved.

Trust me i would love a page by page rendition of the infinity gauntlet, i really do, but to do that, phase 3 would require 17 origin movies at least
tongue.png
. adam warlock would need a trilogy on his own. About who gets to play him, you need an actor with a presence that works even standing still...because that is what warlock does 90% of the infinity gauntlet. And with a perfctly neutral face and voice. With all that he still needs to come off believable, and demand authority. Are we terribly attached to his beach blonde 80's george michael hairdo?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Because you already have a thor. Adding an alien in asgardian attire with a hammer and have at thee speak, will confuse the everliving crap out of people, next to that, look at beta and the cheatauri from the avengers movie. I don't hate beta ray bill, but i tried to condense the addition of superheroes to make it remotely understandable to non comic readers. Hence why i put loki in the role mephisto has in the comics, i left out the xmen, spiderman, thanos' half brother who's name i forgot, the entire infinity watch except drax and gamora who are in the guardians and the cosmic entities. I added a few names of characters who are getting introduced in guardians of the galaxy to give the avengers army some volume. And instead of the cosmic entities i added the asgardians, because i don't believe they would be sitting on their hands with a war of cosmic magnitude around the corner....with loki involved.

Trust me i would love a page by page rendition of the infinity gauntlet, i really do, but to do that, phase 3 would require 17 origin movies at least
tongue.png
. adam warlock would need a trilogy on his own. About who gets to play him, you need an actor with a presence that works even standing still...because that is what warlock does 90% of the infinity gauntlet. And with a perfctly neutral face and voice. With all that he still needs to come off believable, and demand authority. Are we terribly attached to his beach blonde 80's george michael hairdo?
I know, I was more or less just bemoaning the fate of my beloved Bill. I understand why Bill isn't likely to be in any live-action Marvel movie ever, and somewhere around here (might be in a different thread) I even explained a few reasons why. I was just screwing with you, for the most part. My post earlier about cutting corners puts me squarely in your corner on almost all of the things you just said, because I agree too much complication and new characters would dilute the whole thing and potentially ruin it.

I just miss Bill
frown.png
He's what got me back into giving a shit about Thor when he appeared in issue #337, so he'll always be one of my favorites.

EDIT: Oh, but I really would love at least a cameo from an Adam Warlock though, even if he wasn't the pivotal character he should be. As far as his hair, I'd be fine with an actual gold, not surfer blonde.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well ok. But you didn't really get specific there.
You didn't mind taking a cosmic cube from local reality warping device, and turning it into a generic power source?
Nope. They changed the name!

Still a chance they do more with it. Say the "tessaract" was only a fraction of a cosmic cube, or it's true powers were barely tapped.

But really, I'm fine with them not having an item that is basically a magic lamp. My brain doesn't demand they stick to the comic canon if I can see how the change might work better in the movie universe they've made.

Big caveat on all this is I've never delved real far in to the cosmic Marvel stuff. So bigger fans of that realm(like all you Adam Warlock superfans) will feel differently.

Now, turning Spider-Man in to an unrepentant and unfunny sk8terboy douchebag, THAT was going too far.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
I agree Vvoid, beta gets no love at all. They could of course put thor up against beta who gets mjolnir in the third thor movie. Use the entire storyline of how beta ray bill gets his own hammer after defeating thor in a duel. And together they battle an enemy i can't come up with right away. That way he is all ready to go in avengers 3. All you need to do is give him less thor ish armor. Those comics with beta vs. thor but both fight the good fight was a big gamechanger for the thor comics.

Ok here is a wild suggestion ....benedict cumberbatch as adam warlock? He has a good voice, a stoic face and a good screen presence.

Caliane

Yeah that's true. Those are all DC comic related movies. But... Correct me if I'm wrong, none of those movies have any DC labeling on them, correct? Minus the text at the end of the credits that no one reads. Not like how marvel and superman and batman have the big graphic at the beginning of the film
300 is on tnt tonight, and yep DC logo does appear.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don think they will use the IG in A3. for starters the IG is already assembled and sitting in Thor's Dads shed out back.

IMO, its impossible to do this scene right, and you just can not do the IG story justice with out it

Infinity_Gauntlet_Vol_1_5.jpg

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I still think it's possible.

Also, was it the Spider-man or X-men cartoon series that had the Secret Wars?

That was a great storyline too

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All this talk about not being able to do certain characters or storylines due to over complexity.... I don't know... I don't think I buy it. Granted, it was technically a teaser... Buy they didn't explain anything when thanks showed up. Certain characters really need an origin story. Others don't as long as it's organic to the overall story. The warriors three didn't need one. Hogun is fricken Mongolian. What's he doing in Asgard? Doesn't matter, he's Thors friend. No reason you can't have beta ray bill in the same capacity. Have him introduced to Jane and take 5 minutes to show a montage of picking up mjolnir and being given stormbreaker and call it a day.

Don't remember where I saw it but the other day there was a post about how DC won't introduce wonder woman because she's too complicated and over here we have a British raccoon with a machine gun.

The audience isn't as stupid as people think.

Caliane

nah. complexity is a problem. time compression. LotR is one of the few that does a good job with it. on the other hand, go watch the All-Star superman animated movie, and then go read the comic. The movie completely and utterly failed. it cut out too much, and too many key moments and plot points.

WW too complex? no. thats silly.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well complexity can be a problem. But there's a time and a place for it. You don't need an origin story for every character . if you introduce a character without an origin and people like him. Give him his own movie

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Part of my concern is... scenes like that comic cover posted, Thanos standing up (and beating) that assembled group of badass cosmic entities loses a lot of meaning if you don't grasp who those badass cosmic entities are. Combine with a smaller marvel universe, Thanos whupping on Galactus, maybe a dozen Avengers and the Guardians just doesn't seem as awesome and reality shaking to me as the real Infinity Gauntlet.

It just seems like a tough road to cut between letting down comic fans and confusing and upsetting the movie audience.

I will say though, I thought all these Marvel movies would suck until I watched them and they were awesome. So I'm just horribly negative perhaps
tongue.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Fuck that shit, I loved them all till Iron Man/Lethal Weapon 5.

That movie needs to burn in the pits of hell with Robert and Shane Black.

fucker_sl

shitlord
sorry guys but you need to take a step back and stop work your imagination so much

how can you even take in consideration the possibility to see a full-powerful, comic-like infinity gauntlet on the movie ? seriously ? It's simply beyond stupid to even think about it

if you have to speculate, do it about HOW they are going to adjust it for the movie....not wonder if Thanos will snap his fingers or just say a word to wipeout half life in the universe

so far they have done a good work to translate the wierdiest stuff from comic to movie:
Norse gods ? we go full "Stargate"
Cosmic Cube being an universal Genie ? make it an infinite powersource AND hints that it is much more but we dont know how to use it

but the Infinity War simply goes too far out in the cosmic prospective. They only element that i consider possible to rapresent on the movie is Death as a real being. But only because it's something we have already seen in other movies and it's present in general fantasy culture

unfortunatelly, after reading Thanos Rising i fear for the worse on that front

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Fucker is right, i mean why even bother. You need to follow the naysayers and just leave it behind. I mean, 10 years ago we all yelled it was impossible to properly translate lord of the rings into a movie. It was rediculous to even imagine a song of ice and fire being a tv series. I mean, come on! Rediculous!

Marvel should have quit after iron man 1, because it's impossible to explain norse gods and a 1940's supersoldier, and then letting them team up in a movie.

Times have changed...'can't do' turned to, "let's see if we can pull it off!" And ultimately most of the times results into "see? Told you we could do it!"

You forget a couple of things, you will never get a carbon copy of infinity gauntlet, but does that mean they cannot possibly do it right? There is absolutely no leeway on altering a few things, cutting away some exuess fat, and shaping it up to fit the universe they built, while still maintaining the essentials? They can, and marvel built enough credit in my book to actually be able to pull it off. And they built up enough credit that disney will cut them a blank check and say, "go make us 2 billion dollars!"

Understand, that next up we have thor 2 wich will expand the 9 realms, after that we have a team with a talkng tree and raccoon in space meeting up with the collector, ronan the accuser(Kree bigwig) Korath the pursuer and members of the nova corps. We already had aliens invade earth with giant whale ships coming through a cosmic portal opened by a norse god a few movies ago....we passed the line of "people won't buy it" a long time ago.