Marvel Universe stuff

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
There's a long list of worse SJW pandering:
* Captain Marvel having smaller breasts and less hair with each cancellation-reboot, she's currently fighting family drama.
* Female Hawkeye cucking real Hawkeye and having her own gay Avengers.
* Muslim Ms Marvel with horrific giant hands helping Captain Marvel run a woke police state from space.
* Nazi Captain America
* Lesbian Space-Hispanic America Chavez going to woke university and battling white conservatives on campus.
* Female Vision because why not?
* She-Hulk losing her personality and character and becoming a woke parody who hardly transforms and investigates YouTube cooking channels.
* Korean Hulk.
* Iron Man being a young black girl who stole Strak's tech.
* Jean Grey turning Iceman gay and him becoming a gay stereotype losing his old personality, antagonists are his parents.
* Wolverine dying and being replaced with X-23 who now has an annoying mini me clone of her own.
* Shuri sending Black Panther into space and not going to look for him, so she becomes Black Panther while T'Challa hangs out with space kangz.
* Wasp being an even younger girl who loves the science.
* Nova Corps commanded by a pregnant women who goes into battle.

Yeah brown Asgardians and an existing character getting Thor's powers while Thor has a redemption arc doesn't sound so bad now does it?
Female Thor kicked all that off, didn't it? Or was Jane Foster thor done at the same time as ANAD? In any event, its a distinction without a difference. It doesn't matter if SuperFem Caption Marvel went first, or Thor's a Title and everyone gets a hammer because GIRL POWER CANCER STYLE Fosterson went first but if they follow it in the movies Singh's Spot's reference won't be far off. Fatigue can where many...costumes, including one with a butch haircut and "white privilege is how you got here" stickers on your boyfriend's prius.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Scaling back Star Wars because of fatigue, but here's seven or so cape shit projects!

Well if the Star Wars movies were actually good we'd be getting them. Marvel makes bucks and there doesn't seem to be much fatigue with the MCU.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yet. But it’s looking like they’re going to woke it up, so I expect things to slowly degrade both in quality and revenue, resulting in a perceived fatigue.

Even though personally I’d never get fatigued with continued phase 2-3 quality stuff (excluding Captain Woke and Wakandan Panther).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this should be fine
PRI_76748499.jpg

• 4Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
this should be fine
PRI_76748499.jpg
I think it would work if they follow the early comic book Thor concept of Don Blake being a secret identity and him having to pound the walking stick to "change". Portman/Foster slamming a walking stick and boom/flash a young Jaime Alexander-esqu gargantuan female Thor replaces Portman. I could be ok with that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Blade 2 is one of the most rewatchable Marvel movies. I'm sure Ali will be great but I think these will feel way different. Which is probably a good thing because Snipes really owned the role I think.

Oblig

blade ice skate.gif

• 5Like
  • 1Spotlight
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think it would work if they follow the early comic book Thor concept of Don Blake being a secret identity and him having to pound the walking stick to "change". Portman/Foster slamming a walking stick and boom/flash a young Jaime Alexander-esqu gargantuan female Thor replaces Portman. I could be ok with that.

Portman wouldn’t be ok with that.

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
America Chavez, Iron man and BP the only one I'd say are worse (Never read female Hulk or Vision or Hawkeye so don't know, heard they were bad)..Don't get me wrong, there were others who had more cringe or "worse writing" overall, I agree. But in many of them, there was some attempt at being self reflective...Some. Ms Marvel, for example, it did eventually acknowledge they had become the Fascists.

Thor was just awful because the "self reflecting" part of the story (Thor's Redemption) was actually a pretty insidious acknowledgement of the terrible themes...Thor essentially agreed he was a privileged Asgardian with some potential Toxic Divinity (The allegories were REAL subtle, lol) and essentially agreed it was time to let go of power and embrace that good night. The Nihilism in the final frame was disturbing, I've never seen that in Comics before from a "Hero"..Not to be confused with hopelessness and a Hero giving up--which happens often. But that's never displayed a GOOD thing, its always a mistake. In Unworthy though, its displayed as the most heroic thing Thor can do, to get out of the way and just be woke, because his privilege blinded him from being worthy.

But American Chavez, holy FUCK that comic is just...LOL. My god, its so bad...so so fucking bad.

View attachment 216123
And if anyone wasn't aware America Chavez was raised in a parallel utopian pocket dimension...inhabited ENTIRELY by women. So you know she's perfect in every way.

• 1EyeRoll

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

That's from the first one, right before he kills Frost. You probably know that though.

I have mixed feelings about Blade 2, was kinda hit and miss for me compared to the first. I do know Luke Goss was fucking amazing as Nomak (and later as Prince Nuada in Hellboy 2) and it's a goddamn shame his career never really took off. He's been stuck in direct to dvd hell ever since he made the mistake of agreeing to be in Tekken.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
That's from the first one, right before he kills Frost. You probably know that though.

I have mixed feelings about Blade 2, was kinda hit and miss for me compared to the first. I do know Luke Goss was fucking amazing as Nomak (and later as Prince Nuada in Hellboy 2) and it's a goddamn shame his career never really took off. He's been stuck in direct to dvd hell ever since he made the mistake of agreeing to be in Tekken.

Of course, but I don't think there is a more iconic line (for me) from the entire series.

I agree that the second was good or bad depending on how I feel that day, but the entire trilogy is watchable in a way that not even the Matrix Trilogy is these days. I am not saying they are on par with a single installment, and none of the Blade movies comes close to the original Matrix; but all three Blade movies can be watched back to back or enjoyed on their own and even the worse is just an ok movie. Most of the other trilogies (or series for that matter) have one or two great ones and then the rest are so bad that you almost want them to remake the entire fucking thing just to get rid of the bad ones even knowing that the best ones are never going to be as good if they are recast.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Of course, but I don't think there is a more iconic line (for me) from the entire series.

I agree that the second was good or bad depending on how I feel that day, but the entire trilogy is watchable in a way that not even the Matrix Trilogy is these days. I am not saying they are on par with a single installment, and none of the Blade movies comes close to the original Matrix; but all three Blade movies can be watched back to back or enjoyed on their own and even the worse is just an ok movie. Most of the other trilogies (or series for that matter) have one or two great ones and then the rest are so bad that you almost want them to remake the entire fucking thing just to get rid of the bad ones even knowing that the best ones are never going to be as good if they are recast.

Call me a weirdo but I mostly like Blade 3, "Dracula" just fucking sucked. In fact I haven't liked Dominic Purcell in anything, I think he fucking sucks in Flash/Legends of Tomorrow too. Never watched Jailbreak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I cant wait to see what natpo looks like after they put her on Hemsworth`s exercise regimen for 6 months. Actually, i dont want to see that. I like her the way she is and chicks get a fuckin pass on this anyway.

• 1Rustled

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yes, this is it. But it didn't turn him into Thor. Like with Cap, it just gave him Thor's powers and armor. It didn't literally change him into Thor.
Well yeah, I know that. I said it changed him into Beta Ray Thor as sort of a shorthand for how he not only gained the powers of Thor, but also had a wardrobe change. Huge BRB fan here, I know the lore!

As far as the female Thor news, I'm pretty fucking crushed by that. Unless they do an "everyone is Thor!" storyline, there is zero room for anything significant regarding Bill if we're going to have woke fucking Thor-ette. You'd run the risk of pulling a DCEU by having too many characters/villains and none of them being compelling. I mean, I guess we'll just have to see, and Thor 4 might actually be a great movie for all I know, but at this point I'm just going to give up on anything beyond a cameo from Bill now. Fuck me.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Crossover post from the Spiderman thread since it had implications for the MCU at large:

If alternate dimensions are bullshit then how did Beck know to accurately call their reality Earth-616? Are they really just throwing out that label for the MCU? Would be really weird now if they DID start using that designation in the future if multiple universes do become a thing for real. So maybe this means no actual alternate reality stuff in the MCU ever?

spronk

FPS noob
Crossover post from the Spiderman thread since it had implications for the MCU at large:

If alternate dimensions are bullshit then how did Beck know to accurately call their reality Earth-616? Are they really just throwing out that label for the MCU? Would be really weird now if they DID start using that designation in the future if multiple universes do become a thing for real. So maybe this means no actual alternate reality stuff in the MCU ever?

I took the 616 reference as just an easter egg for comic nerds, I'm sure they will bring in alternate universes at some point, its just way too easy to introduce older characters in a way that makes it simple. Would be a great way to bring in a new X-Men team for example, start a new X-Men origins in the 60s but move them to alternate "our" reality in a crossover.

I assume the What-If animated series on Disney+ will be canon, that almost certainly will be alternate universes too.

Is Into the spider-verse MCU canon? that had the multiverse as well.

Or they could go Secret War and have Beyonder introduce alternate universes at the end of phase 4 or start of phase 5.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I took the 616 reference as just an easter egg for comic nerds, I'm sure they will bring in alternate universes at some point, its just way too easy to introduce older characters in a way that makes it simple. Would be a great way to bring in a new X-Men team for example, start a new X-Men origins in the 60s but move them to alternate "our" reality in a crossover.

I assume the What-If animated series on Disney+ will be canon, that almost certainly will be alternate universes too.

Is Into the spider-verse MCU canon? that had the multiverse as well.

Or they could go Secret War and have Beyonder introduce alternate universes at the end of phase 4 or start of phase 5.

well, yeah, it was an easter egg, i'm just surprised they're willing to waste such an iconic Marvel thing like the "Earth-616" label as a throwaway easter egg in the movie universe. it's such a big comic book thing that i'd assume they'd automatically want to use it in the movies if there ever was any alternate universe stuff. so yeah, makes me think maybe they're just never going to go alternate universe on us,.

and no cartoon spider man is not MCU canon

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider

The multiverse is real. Mysterio was just full of shit. And the next Dr. Strange movie is "Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness".

Fandango: Fans were excited when this film teased the potential of a multiverse being introduced into the MCU, but it’s just a Mysterio illusion. Does that mean we’ll never see a multiverse in the MCU?

Kevin Feige: No, it just means he was full of s**t. I mean, in Doctor Strange, we hear the Ancient One talk about the multiverse, so we’ve already established it as a thing.

Doctor-Strange-2-Movie-Multiverse-Of-Madness.jpg

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Portman wouldn’t be ok with that.

Fair enough, Adriene Palicki then. Since she would also be able to kick Portman's ass if she whined. Also since Orville just got moved to Hulu it probably only has one season left, she should be easy to snag for the role.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Fair enough, Adriene Palicki then. Since she would also be able to kick Portman's ass if she whined. Also since Orville just got moved to Hulu it probably only has one season left, she should be easy to snag for the role.

way too scrawny

• 1Dislike