Marvel Universe stuff

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's believed Downey Jr. will return in a voiceover capacity as his character will be an AI — similar to Paul Bettany's J.A.R.V.I.S. — who will train RiRi Williams to become a superhero.

Ironheart was created by Marvel Comics back in 2015 but faced a backlash for its inaccurate portrayal of a young black female and for a lack of black female writers.
He'll take the paycheck but that series is going to crash and burn just like the comics.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
1.jpg

Female Thor, Female Ironman, Female Hulk. Just need to knock out a couple more of those evil white males, and we can have our brave, beautiful, progressive team ready!

(On a more serious note, Ironheart and she-hulk are, imo, not nearly as bad as female Thor. At least those two are distinct characters, even if they riff/copy the originals)

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would assume they aren't going to green light a series about an unknown teenager from nowhere and Ironheart would be Tony and Pepper's kid. Same way they aren't going to have a random woman become Thor and apparently are giving it to Natalie Portman. Is it dumb diversity ideology driving the changes rather than "hey we have a great idea on where the story should go"? Of course. But if they at least go with established characters they have a shot at not completely exploding the universe.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
I would assume they aren't going to green light a series about an unknown teenager from nowhere and Ironheart would be Tony and Pepper's kid. Same way they aren't going to have a random woman become Thor and apparently are giving it to Natalie Portman. Is it dumb diversity ideology driving the changes rather than "hey we have a great idea on where the story should go"? Of course. But if they at least go with established characters they have a shot at not completely exploding the universe.
Wasnt female Thor Jane Foster in the comics?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

The only comic I read that was the case. She had cancer and was dying (?) but the hammer turned her into Thor temporarily. Was funny in the sense that odin couldn't take the hammer away from her despite his best effort, and Freija was giving him shit about it

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>

“In thinking about the future of the MCU and how all those characters are gonna connect, diversity is crucial in our future.”

Alonso also previously called the name X-Men outdated. She stated, “I don’t know where the future is going. It’s funny that people call it the X-Men, there’s a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group, so I think it’s outdated.”

• 3Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you can't say "it was in the comics"

b/c this was during the era of "all new, all different" (thats the branding) it was company wide that all Marvel characters that you love would get fucked with either

sex change (male to female)

race change (white to whatever)

age inversion (old to young)

it took years of declining sales and comic stores begging Marvel to stop diversifying shit.

Any character that was diverse, any character that was new, our female characters, anything that was not a core Marvel character, people were turning their nose up.”

remember, at this time, these diverse characters REPLACED the old guard.

and now all of them have finally come back from exile.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

This vid is about the writing process of Endgame and what preceded it from the core writers themselves.

spronk

FPS noob
We Got This Covered has heard that another LGBT superhero will be introduced in Captain Marvel 2 in the form of Hulkling. Despite his name, Hulkling isn’t actually a relative of Bruce Banner’s or a victim of gamma radiation but rather, is a heroic teen Skrull. The first Captain Marvel already explored the surprising kindness of the shapeshifting race, so it’d definitely be easy to introduce Hulkling in the sequel.
Furthermore, our sources – the same ones who told us the real Mandarin will be in Shang-Chi, and that Taskmaster will be the villain in Black Widow, both of which are now confirmed – have explained that he’ll have a small role in CM2 but will feature more prominently in Young Avengers, which we’ve previously reported could be coming to Disney Plus relatively soon. The character will be depicted as openly gay as well and, as per the comics, will have a romance with Wiccan, Scarlet Witch’s son who we believe will make his MCU debut in WandaVision.

well thats a lot of gay

Sevens

Log Wizard
you can't say "it was in the comics"

b/c this was during the era of "all new, all different" (thats the branding) it was company wide that all Marvel characters that you love would get fucked with either

sex change (male to female)

race change (white to whatever)

age inversion (old to young)

it took years of declining sales and comic stores begging Marvel to stop diversifying shit.

remember, at this time, these diverse characters REPLACED the old guard.

and now all of them have finally come back from exile.
I wasnt trying to say anything...I was curious because I thought I remembered something about Jane Foster being She Thor so was just asking.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Clearly it was that guy who got spaced in infinity war.

Really though they probably consider black valkyrie gay because of that dumbass comment Tessa made.

Last edited:

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Depicted as openly gay meaning what, queer eye levels of flambouyance?

In the comics, he is just a normal looking kid, when he isn't doing his shapeshifting super skrull powers. I believe he is also the son of the male captain marvel and a skrull lady.