Marvel Universe stuff

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The MCU is currently at 2024. If Magneto is a holocaust survivor in the MCU he will be at least 80 years old. Some alteration to his backstory is necessary to fit into the movies timeline.
Eh, they could bullshit it with some sort of "slowed aging" mutation, or change it slightly so that he's the child of a Holocaust survivor--not quite as visceral as child Magneto walking through the gates of Auschwitz, but it'll get the job done.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The MCU is currently at 2024. If Magneto is a holocaust survivor in the MCU he will be at least 80 years old. Some alteration to his backstory is necessary to fit into the movies timeline.
Its almost like trying to fit 200 different characters and their backstories into a singular "universe" is a bad idea.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I mean unless they completely rewrite his back story that doesn't fit at all

They are gonna have to do some serious writing to get mutants into the MCU anyway, since the number one question will always be "Where the fuck you been?".

I would presume Earth's multiple "snaps" would play a part in causing the X-gene (or whatever they go with) to trigger in people at a much higher rate.

And since its in the 2020s for the MCU, updating the character to a more modern genocide (like they shifted the Punisher from vietnam to iraq) makes sense, and post-colonial Africa has plenty of them to choose from, not to mention apartheid. i guess he could be Bosnian if they wanted to keep him white? But whiteness really isn't core to Magneto's character. Being a powerful person now who had his family wiped out just for being born a certain way when he was powerless and won't have that happen again to mutants is what he is about. You can easily tell that story with basically any race, if you move it so some other awful thing thats happened in the last 50 years instead of 75 years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Magnegro would definitely be the line where I stop watching the MCU.

And feel like nothing but the Holocaust is simple but powerful enough to drive Magneto's contempt for all of humanity. The reveal of the serial number on Fassbender's arm in Villa Gesell is fantastic and that's not something you can recreate with another tragedy. It's also black and white so you don't have to deal with grey areas like the following

i guess he could be Bosnian

Or he could be a Serb who thought he was justly defending his people after decades of rape and murder at the hands of Bosniak Muslims and is infuriated to see the entire Western World ignore the decades of violence that led to the conflict when they exclusively condemn the Serbs and drag their leaders before corrupt world courts.

My point being that very few events have both the enormous scope of the Holocaust as well as the crystal clear separation between good guys and bad guys. It creates sympathy for Magneto even when he's clearly the villain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
My point being that very few events have both the enormous scope of the Holocaust as well as the crystal clear separation between good guys and bad guys. It creates sympathy for Magneto even when he's clearly the villain.

I don't disagree with this, but connecting an MCU Magneto to the Holocaust would require an extra layer of nonsense beyond the "Where have you been" to figure out how a 90 year old is so spry and ready to go. Even though my idea isn't much better, looking back at it. Denzel is too young to be a magneto birthed froma childhood lost in Sudan or Rwanda. Apartheid isn't in the same ball park and he isn't Cambodian, but that time frame would work. Maybe Asian Magneto can show up in Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings.

I'd still prefer Ian McKellan's old ass show up through some portal tho. Or maybe Magneto is from Nazi earth. Dr. Strange is gonna introduce a multiverse for real, right?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't disagree with this, but connecting an MCU Magneto to the Holocaust would require an extra layer of nonsense beyond the "Where have you been" to figure out how a 90 year old is so spry and ready to go. Even though my idea isn't much better, looking back at it. Denzel is too young to be a magneto birthed froma childhood lost in Sudan or Rwanda. Apartheid isn't in the same ball park and he isn't Cambodian, but that time frame would work. Maybe Asian Magneto can show up in Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings.

I'd still prefer Ian McKellan's old ass show up through some portal tho. Or maybe Magneto is from Nazi earth. Dr. Strange is gonna introduce a multiverse for real, right?

Yeah the various Communist genocides/purges would make decent replacement for the Holocaust but I guarantee you Hollywood won't go anywhere near that.

And frankly any of the African genocides are A: too small in scope and B: just going to result in more woke anti-white garbage like 'colonizers'. Because I guarantee if Magnegro's origins were in the Rwandan genocide, they would ignore the atrocities of the Hutu and focus entirely on the fact that FUCKING WHITE MALES prevented the UN from doing anything to intervene until after it was already over.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They already played the Sokovian bad guy angle once already otherwise... maybe? Elizabeth Olsen way too white to be Denzel's daughter even if he banged an albino.

And he's coming back.. Baron Zemo is the bad guy for Falcon and Winter Soldier.

• 1Garbage

Goatface

set xmen/f4 in the 70's on a different earth for a couple of movies each then have scarlet witch merge them together for the big cosmic event

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Okay so last night we did a family friendly movie night and showed Avenger's Endgame to a packed house of nerds and their kids. Having now seen, first hand, the reaction that the A-Force scene created in several girls age 8-13 I get it. Its still contrived and could have been done much more organically....but I get it.

Caliane

Black panther Magneto could actually be a very interesting idea. I don't know why you guys think you need a genocide for Magneto to turn into a terrorist.
Then you would be left with Xavier or someone like him, playing the role of King, Jr. Equality, non-violence, but also standing up for oneself. Which would really twist people up into knots.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Okay so last night we did a family friendly movie night and showed Avenger's Endgame to a packed house of nerds and their kids. Having now seen, first hand, the reaction that the A-Force scene created in several girls age 8-13 I get it. Its still contrived and could have been done much more organically....but I get it.
Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me, when the young girl next to me in the theater yelled out, "The women of Marvel, OMG!" It was super fucking cringe in the movie, but that one scene probably cemented her as a viewer for years and years to come. And hell, maybe it inspired her to be a better person or some shit. So while it sucked for me, I get it too. It clearly hit its target market.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
As a black guy even i draw the line at the thought of a black magneto, absolutely not. I dont like the idea of changing characters race, even the human torch was a hard swallow that time.

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>

tqQRQhM.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh man if they did a "remember civil rights?" instead of a "remember the holocaust" thing for Magneto's uprising the salt would be epic.

Personally I don't give a fuck as long as one of the Jonas brothers isn't Wolverine or some shit. Not sure Magneto is the role for Denzel though, but I'm betting there are a few dozen ones he'd be awesome in.

Xevy doesn't care about a pandering in the most obscene way for diversity points?

sohWhy9g.png

Shocking.

I doubt they will actually do this but it wouldn't shock me if they did. Magneto was always supposed to be a stand in for Malcom X, and SJW ideologues are typically so fervent in their proselytizing that subtle symbolism or metaphor isn't their strong suit (Which is why their characters literally end up spouting feminist rhetoric or modern political sayings word for word.)...I wouldn't be surprised if Megneto literally becomes a black civil rights leader who is angry because America is so racist and thus genocide is the only answer.

Of course it doesn't actually fit. Megneto's story worked because as Gavinmad Gavinmad said, the holocaust was SO one sided and brutal that someone coming out of it a ruthless, cold psychopath was understandable. While 50's America might have been enough to make people angry, if someone comes out of that with the mind set of a mass murderer, well, that's just not sympathetic at all.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Bad something happens, solution is in the past, lol time heist 2.0, they fuck it up, wind up in an earth past with mutants, movie plot happens, they return to normal time with some good and bad guy mutants in tow, but mr sinister secretly follows, is dropped into earth616 in the same past he left from, begins underground mutant cloning. Mutants are in mcu now, with age appropriate main mutant characters in 2024.