Marvel Universe stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So brave. Everyone, look how brave they are.

So much virtue. Wow.

Can these people do anything that's not absolutely fake? 20 fucking years after Blade and Spawn, and a few years after Wonder Woman was there really a fight about "Female and Black" super hero movies? Literally no one gives a shit. What people get angry about is 1.) When you race or gender swap beloved characters. 2.) When you make the movie promotion ALL ABOUT race or gender, or you get stupid with the character because of their race and gender, rather than just having them be...you know, super heroes.

People really liked Wonder Woman because it was a female super hero movie that wasn't focused on her being a woman. People got turned off on Captain Marvel because Brie Larson is a a preachy bitch that had to make the promos all about being a woman or oppression or nonense. Just...fucking enjoy being a super hero and people will like you, take a page of Gal Gadot, its not hard. No one goes to movies to be preached to, especially about this horseshit. Comics were "woke" since the fucking 60's, you are preaching to the choir--and its really exhausting because its so painfully clear the only reason this stuff gets talked about is because its THESE idiots who were late to the equality party, not actual comic book fans.

Now Feige is about to run off to make a female-led Star Wars to reboot and revitalize the franchise. He was eyeing Brie Larson for a lead last according to his own statements.

Here's the problem-- George Lucas was already woke in the 1970's. Star Wars has been woke since 1977. Feige is late to the party again, and you are right, it's getting tiresome.

Theses guys are rushing with the "hold my Zima, I got this!" and literally nobody cares. But for good story sake, could they please stop trying to one-up eachother? That's where the damage is coming from. They're in succession to compete with the last guy who was also late to the party.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
They're lucky they have enough clout, good will, and bankroll to try shit. All of that can go away with a few duds though.

Sevens

Log Wizard
What hollywood fails to realize is that most men dont mind a female led superhero movie. But 1) it has to be a good movie (and no that shit show Wonder Woman was not a good movie) and 2) The misandry is getting real fucking old

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So brave. Everyone, look how brave they are.

So much virtue. Wow.

Can these people do anything that's not absolutely fake? 20 fucking years after Blade and Spawn, and a few years after Wonder Woman was there really a fight about "Female and Black" super hero movies? Literally no one gives a shit. What people get angry about is 1.) When you race or gender swap beloved characters. 2.) When you make the movie promotion ALL ABOUT race or gender, or you get stupid with the character because of their race and gender, rather than just having them be...you know, super heroes.

People really liked Wonder Woman because it was a female super hero movie that wasn't focused on her being a woman. People got turned off on Captain Marvel because Brie Larson is a a preachy bitch that had to make the promos all about being a woman or oppression or nonense. Just...fucking enjoy being a super hero and people will like you, take a page of Gal Gadot, its not hard. No one goes to movies to be preached to, especially about this horseshit. Comics were "woke" since the fucking 60's, you are preaching to the choir--and its really exhausting because its so painfully clear the only reason this stuff gets talked about is because its THESE idiots who were late to the equality party, not actual comic book fans.
It's even more obnoxious. The article draws this all from his battle with perlmutter. Which was over slot of important things like budgets for creative and overall major backseat penny pinching which is why he won a direct line to iger.

Now they use that to virtue signal. Whatever keep making non shit movies and I'll watch. Fuck birds of prey and retarded ass Captain marvel.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Iger was the money fairy, he's gone now and Bob Cheapskate is in charge. Marvel aint gonna be doing any experimental woke shit if it doesnt knock it completely out of the park the first time they try.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Iger was the money fairy, he's gone now and Bob Cheapskate is in charge. Marvel aint gonna be doing any experimental woke shit if it doesnt knock it completely out of the park the first time they try.

This is true. And Alan Horn is back in control of creative directions, whether for better or worse. We can only speculate on how much "Buck stops here" Iger was pulling. He self-admittedly took over Lucas Film's day to day decision making, who's to say he wasn't also the one responsible for greenlighting all this woke shit thinking that's what's trending right now?

Also keep in mind Disney has been publicly critcized for its track-record with women. I think part of these woke movies is Disney trying to make up for....yep, being late to the party....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This is true. And Alan Horn is back in control of creative directions, whether for better or worse. We can only speculate on how much "Buck stops here" Iger was pulling. He self-admittedly took over Lucas Film's day to day decision making, who's to say he wasn't also the one responsible for greenlighting all this woke shit thinking that's what's trending right now?

Also keep in mind Disney has been publicly critcized for its track-record with women. I think part of these woke movies is Disney trying to make up for....yep, being late to the party....

Imagine being a person that criticizes Disney, the company that literally wrote the book on monetizing the fairy-tale princess story, for its track record with women. If anything, their pandering to little girls has only accelerated since the 90's.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine being a person that criticizes Disney, the company that literally wrote the book on monetizing the fairy-tale princess story, for its track record with women. If anything, their pandering to little girls has only accelerated since the 90's.

They maliciously overpandered don't you know

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well.. Looks like it's confirmed that Christian Bale is the bad guy for Thor: Love and Thunder. Rumor is he's playing Baldur the Brave.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Anything I can think of, Belle, Cinderella are all subservient to a man or need a man to validate them.

I don't see how that's pandering to modern women. It is, however, malicious.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anything I can think of, Belle, Cinderella are all subservient to a man or need a man to validate them.

Sure, if you stopped in the 1990's you would have a point. But Disney certainly didn't. They helped lead the woke wave and in the last 30 years their offerings have exactly reflected the feminist agenda.

It is all silliness anyways, because Disney as a company never gave a flying fuck about any of these values, they just wanted to make a shitload of money. Snow White and Cinderella and Belle and Ariel all reflect the type of fairy tale princess stories that the overwhelming majority of girls and their mothers wanted to see at that point in history. All of their modern stories are nothing but strong, independent women and men who are either evil, incompetent, or both and not because they believe that is the case but because they think it is the path to the most money.

The idea that they have a poor track record with women is completely laughable because their entire history is based on making money by correctly predicting the type of stories the majority of girls and women want regardless of what the most progressive, critical theory feminist would have you believe. By definition they can't meet that standard.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Going to need you to explain that one dog heh...because that's the total opposite of that story. Belle was considered weird because she rejected being validated by a man's affections.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is real
newwarriors2020newkids-snowflake-and-safespace.jpg

newwarriors2020newkids-b-negative.jpg

newwarriors2020newkids-trailblazer.jpg

newwarriors2020newkids-screentime.jpg

newwar2020001014_col.jpg

• 3Barf
  • 2Picard
  • 2Cringe
Reactions: 7 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
At first glance I truly thought this was bullshit. I clicked the link to see an article and video and still thought I was being trolled. Please tell me that is the case and I'm just an idiot for thinking this is legit.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hah...that's not even the worst of the stuff in modern comics. Its a total shitshow of identity politics and PC culture. Like absolutely at a cult-like level, its insane. The whole industry is dying and they just won't let up, either. =-/

lol, the one dude's origin story above...Is that he was literally poisoned by his grandfather's...."Internet Gas". Direct quote. Internet Gas......

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
At first glance I truly thought this was bullshit. I clicked the link to see an article and video and still thought I was being trolled. Please tell me that is the case and I'm just an idiot for thinking this is legit.
Whatever side universe we fell into 6 years ago, this is in fact real.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe the comic is only a one-shot and they all get killed by the most average of villains.

• 1Worf