Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
88xnjxwwpuu41.jpg

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
that will be adjusted again unless everyone does their scenes solo next to a green screen with others.

Well Black Widow is done. Eternals was in post and Shang Chi was in the middle of filming. So they have time with all this pushback. Hollywood can't afford to sit on it's ass for too long either. They can still get some of the preproduction and shit done too. Also if it's true about the way they filmed Mando being used in other Disney productions then that really cuts down on crew that actually need to be on set.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well Black Widow is done. Eternals was in post and Shang Chi was in the middle of filming. So they have time with all this pushback. Hollywood can't afford to sit on it's ass for too long either. They can still get some of the preproduction and shit done too. Also if it's true about the way they filmed Mando being used in other Disney productions then that really cuts down on crew that actually need to be on set.
yeah, Black Widow is a no brainer, that should have been released next month. Eternals was probably finished a while ago, i heard that movie was shelved for a bit. the others will have to be decided on. shang chi might be "too soon" after all this kungflu fighting we be doing. hey honey. we just got back to work and i have a few dollars. lets go out to see this new chinese marvel flick and then for some dim sum?

uh no?

why?

oh

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
yeah, Black Widow is a no brainer, that should have been released next month. Eternals was probably finished a while ago, i heard that movie was shelved for a bit. the others will have to be decided on. shang chi might be "too soon" after all this kungflu fighting we be doing. hey honey. we just got back to work and i have a few dollars. lets go out to see this new chinese marvel flick and then for some dim sum?

uh no?

why?

oh

why was it shelved?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
well whenever Biff got the fucking Sports Almanac. it threw us into a tangent.

I blame the theatrical release of The Fellowship of the Ring. It mainstreamed nerdom and allowed normies in, which bred a virulent strain of arrogant, sarcastic, dork-normie-ultrafaggot hybrid.

Then TBC Flying Mount introduction sealed our fate and it’s been a rapid descent into cuckville ever since.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw some convo with Rob Liefeld saying that he is doubtful if we will even get another Deadpool movie. Due to Marvel's current movie schedule and the corona.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Saw some convo with Rob Liefeld saying that he is doubtful if we will even get another Deadpool movie. Due to Marvel's current movie schedule and the corona.
I saw that, and several other people saying he has literally zero contact with Marvel and they think he's just making a stink to try to push Marvel into doing or saying something.

I also think they won't necessarily put Deadpool on the official MCU lineup when they announce them. He'll be sort of like the Sony Venom stuff, to my mind, where he can be released whenever the hell they want (within reason, obviously) and not really affect the rest of the timeline. He just won't get a huge announcement at ComicCon or whatever. I could be wrong about that, but either way, I take what Rob Liefeld says with more salt than khorum has ever salted.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ryan Reynold's visited Marvel HQ recently and in all his interviews he very much walked the line of "I don't know, but it sure would be great" "It'll be awesome if they do, I bet" for every question about it. Makes me think they've said yes and they're just figuring out how to fit it in. Whether he's a standalone Marvel series (which they don't have for movies right now) or tying into the big picture for end like every other Marvel series will. I think he's best as a stand alone and just have him pop up in other heroes stories. Maybe just throw him in as a "HEY GUYS, I MADE IT" joke in the end of the phase and just have him do and say Deadpool stuff. I don't think thematically his 4th wall stuff works if they try to go the serious/dramatic route they did for Infinity War/Endgame.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ryan Reynold's visited Marvel HQ recently and in all his interviews he very much walked the line of "I don't know, but it sure would be great" "It'll be awesome if they do, I bet" for every question about it. Makes me think they've said yes and they're just figuring out how to fit it in. Whether he's a standalone Marvel series (which they don't have for movies right now) or tying into the big picture for end like every other Marvel series will. I think he's best as a stand alone and just have him pop up in other heroes stories. Maybe just throw him in as a "HEY GUYS, I MADE IT" joke in the end of the phase and just have him do and say Deadpool stuff. I don't think thematically his 4th wall stuff works if they try to go the serious/dramatic route they did for Infinity War/Endgame.

I bet that problem is that they don't want to get into the habit of stand alone movies. Especially now that they have the Disney+ stuff coming and moving all the TV stuff to be 100% part of the MCU.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I bet that problem is that they don't want to get into the habit of stand alone movies. Especially now that they have the Disney+ stuff coming and moving all the TV stuff to be 100% part of the MCU.
Deadpool animated series with RR's voice. Boom!

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I might have my information fucked up, but I thought I remember reading that they're looking at essentially rebooting Deadpool from zero but still with RR. It was around the acquisition, but could be fan driven rumours.

I feel like they're going to try to establish the xmen bits, maybe give us a few bones here and there, then bam Deadpool movie. All while marvel brings its gallery of heroes up and up, depending on how who and when for support roles in Deadpool movies or some shit.

Probably also rumors or on some YouTube poop, but Jumpstarting weapon x program type stuff is said to be popping up soon with either black widow or falcon n bucky.. So maybe we will get a better clue by then? If dropping Easter Eggs in the form of foreshadowing keeps being a thing.

Grain of salt type shit, but interesting shitting material.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, like stated above, I give literally zero credence to anything that guy says. He is likely just trying to stir up some buzz about it in the hopes that Marvel actually says something. Or just to get his name in the headlines again.

I think Disney knows they would be stupid to just completely drop such a fan favorite film, that also made a fuckton of money as an R movie, but they don't want the main MCU to be R obviously, so I see Deadpool just being his own thing for the most part, with occasional cameos in other movies perhaps (and people making cameos in his movies). Sure, maybe RR wants too much money or something, but I sort of doubt that's an issue for them given how the first two movies performed, and how relatively cheaply they can make his movies if they decide to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, like stated above, I give literally zero credence to anything that guy says. He is likely just trying to stir up some buzz about it in the hopes that Marvel actually says something. Or just to get his name in the headlines again.

I think Disney knows they would be stupid to just completely drop such a fan favorite film, that also made a fuckton of money as an R movie, but they don't want the main MCU to be R obviously, so I see Deadpool just being his own thing for the most part, with occasional cameos in other movies perhaps (and people making cameos in his movies). Sure, maybe RR wants too much money or something, but I sort of doubt that's an issue for them given how the first two movies performed, and how relatively cheaply they can make his movies if they decide to.
they still own Fox, there is no reason why they cant keep it separate and just crossover like they do with Spiderman and Sony.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad they are wanting to keep RR. He's awesome. I also liked the chick that played Domino.

• 1Solidarity