Marvel Universe stuff

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I like Olivia Wilde but a movie written and produced by women? Going to be trash.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Most Wanted was a pilot made for an AoS spinoff that never got picked for series. If they included that, it’s a budget add since it was already produced.
why do they keep passing up that hot chick for comic book TV roles?
4e62391427f66a71d105b2488b0bee0b82-01-wonder-woman-2011.rsquare.w700.jpg

adrianne-palicki-agents-of-shield.0.0.jpg

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty sure she is flat out batshit IRL. Its been rumored that one of the reasons Orville is behind (beyond the COVID shit) is because Scott Grimes was dumb enough to not only stick his dick in the crazy, but put a ring on it and its blowing up in everyone's faces. And that show is stuck with her since Mercer working with ex wife is a foundation of the whole show. Plus I am pretty sure her being in Agents of Shield means Disney won't use her in a major role.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like Olivia Wilde but a movie written and produced by women? Going to be trash.
She directed some good stuff before, but its usually art house stuff (Drinking Buddies?). I can't see her being an action movie director and cannot fathom what character they are tossing her way. Given her track record and hubby, I doubt we would get anything worse than female Ghostbusters or CM.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pretty sure she is flat out batshit IRL. Its been rumored that one of the reasons Orville is behind (beyond the COVID shit) is because Scott Grimes was dumb enough to not only stick his dick in the crazy, but put a ring on it and its blowing up in everyone's faces. And that show is stuck with her since Mercer working with ex wife is a foundation of the whole show. Plus I am pretty sure her being in Agents of Shield means Disney won't use her in a major role.
they separated and got back together right before covid and separated again

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah and she banged her stunt coordinator on John Wick for a while too. There were some rumors during her time on Agents of Shield of similar shenanigans. I guess its good for her to be on a MacFarland show, since he has the same issue with banging co-workers. In fact I am pretty certain the only reason Seth didn't cock block his ginger pal is he was laying pipe on the security officer chick at the time. Dating Co-Workers has to be the dumbest thing you can do normally, but its got to be a thousand times worse in the entertainment industry.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
She directed some good stuff before, but its usually art house stuff (Drinking Buddies?). I can't see her being an action movie director and cannot fathom what character they are tossing her way. Given her track record and hubby, I doubt we would get anything worse than female Ghostbusters or CM.

Yeah, I was going to shit on Olivia Wilde directing anything, then saw that I liked (decent) some movies she did.

The rumor is that its spider girl that she is directing. After the announcement she tweeted a spider emoji, and apparently the day before tweeted a pic of her daughter as a spidergirl or something.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I was going to shit on Olivia Wilde directing anything, then saw that I liked (decent) some movies she did.

The rumor is that its spider girl that she is directing. After the announcement she tweeted a spider emoji, and apparently the day before tweeted a pic of her daughter as a spidergirl or something.
i guess thats how Feige gets his spidey sidekick Captain Marvel film. even better if its a woman sidekick for CM. pretty soon only men will be playing the villains in films.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
My money is on Spider Gwen

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

They already had a Silk project in early development stages, she's almost certainly being brought on to direct that.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Spiderwoman is a weird one, both MCU and Sony have rights to the character. If Sony does it they can only use their limited Spiderman characters like Venom and stuff, but if they let Marvel (Disney) make it they have the full range of MCU. The last two Spiderman movies were done by Disney but they shared profits with Sony, while Venom and Morbius are Sony only movies so they have no MCU crossovers. It sounds more like Spiderwoman will be a Sony only movie.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Spiderwoman is a weird one, both MCU and Sony have rights to the character. If Sony does it they can only use their limited Spiderman characters like Venom and stuff, but if they let Marvel (Disney) make it they have the full range of MCU. The last two Spiderman movies were done by Disney but they shared profits with Sony, while Venom and Morbius are Sony only movies so they have no MCU crossovers. It sounds more like Spiderwoman will be a Sony only movie.
Not entirely true. Everything is up for haggling, essentially. Otherwise you wouldn't have Spider-Man references, and Michael Keaton, in Morbius. Even if Sony owns the Vulture character, they don't own the MCU version of it, so you can be sure Disney would have had their lawyers shit all over Sony if there weren't already an agreement to allow intermingling like that. There's nothing saying they couldn't come to an agreement for Spiderwoman that allows use of other MCU characters. The way things *look* to be headed, it seems they are both realizing the benefits of sharing, so by the time any Olivia Wilde-directed movie gets made, she might have access to all kinds of characters they didn't have for something like Venom. Particularly if Disney wants to use someone from the Spiderverse in some of their movies.