Marvel Universe stuff

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You had to pay for a panel? Regarding family pics, it's kind of fun. We just got our framed ones back from the last one. I believe we are headed to Dallas Comic Con next weekend. We've bought pictures with Shatner, Dr Who, Joffrey and Jon Bernthal.
I dunno if it was called a "panel", it was the whole cast of TNG (sans Stewart ;_
wink.png
doing a Q&A with Shatner as the host. Even Q popped in at some point. I think it may have been just a more expensive ticket but it was 2 years ago and I barely remember what I paid for last week.

Also learned that Marina was basically a female real-life Riker and slept with guests/extras constantly :p

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zac Efron is buff and fun. He'll probably show up in one of these superhero movies.
I wonder which character.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Meh, I like her, and I'm sure if they actually pick her she'll do a great job, but she doesn't immediately scream Carol Danvers to me. Could be a lot worse though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well, we all said that about ant-man too and look how that turned out.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm reading the Ant-Man thread now... most of your regular shitlords came in and said "LOL MARVEL GONNA START FAILING!" Grimm did champion it almost solely on the basis of Paul Rudd... and he wasn't wrong.

Any other actor in Ant-Man and it would've been a tolerable movie. Paul Rudd made it a great one.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Most of that wasn't based on the character but the Edgar Wright stuff that happened in the beginning.

I also agree that Rudd was perfect casting as Lang.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thinking back to Cap3, I don't think they ever said his name either. He was basically the guy that Falcon knew, my wife was like "Paul Rudd is an Avenger?, his name is Tic-Tac?(the nick name falcon gave him)." I said "yea, you didn't want to watch his movie a few months ago, i said do you want to watch ant-man, a marvel movie", she said "oh, i thought that was gonna be a movie about a guy turning into an ugly ant, like the fly". Then we sat down and watched ant-man, she said he was better in Cap3.

Wife is obviously a comic book pleb, how the fuck am i gonna sell something like "Namor, the SubMariner".