Marvel Universe stuff

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Originally, before they retconned it, Jean Grey/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix were all one in the same. Phoenix/Dark Phoenix were the highest form she could evolve into. At that time, she was more powerful than Galactus and most likely the most powerful mutant in the universe.

Since then though, the Marvel Universe has gone through many changes and I would have to agree, the most powerful mutant in the Marvel U's current incarnation is Franklin Richards.
Phoenix force is the summon total of all the life force of the Universe. Every single living being alive or dead is part of her power from single celled life to Celestials. All are part of her power. The drawback is the power she uses is extracted from that life force so the limit to her power is how many dead babies she wants to throw at you.

Dropping that truth bomb on Rachel is how Glatactus beat her.

Caliane

Phoenix force is the summon total of all the life force of the Universe. Every single living being alive or dead is part of her power from single celled life to Celestials. All are part of her power. The drawback is the power she uses is extracted from that life force so the limit to her power is how many dead babies she wants to throw at you.

Dropping that truth bomb on Rachel is how Glatactus beat her.
well thats dumb.
she could have just punched Galactus with the power of a trillion dead baby spiders.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Phoenix force is so dumb.
Agreed, it was much better when it was just Jean Grey evolving into the highest/purest form she could become. The X-Men were at the height of their popularity and they wanted to bring the original X-Men back for X-Force so they decided to use Kurt Busiek's idea of the Phoenix Force. I will never forgive Busiek for ruining The Dark Phoenix Saga, one of the best comic book story arcs in the history of comics.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The Claremont/Byrne Xmen stuff was my favorite shit as a kid.
It was mine too, I still own all of them too. The X-Men remained pretty good under Claremont for a long while after Byrne left though, although his run was the high point.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Claremont/Byrne Xmen stuff was my favorite shit as a kid.
Same and it's what made the Uncanny X-Men so popular in the 80's and then 90's. By the way, Claremont/Byrne were co-plotters during their era as well as Byrne being the penciler. Many people don't realize that Byrne actually helped plot and lay out that era as well.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So Rachel McAdams in Doctor Strange is playing Christine Palmer AKA Night Nurse... which is all well and good but we already have Rosario Dawson playing a version of Night Nurse (albeit not named Christine Palmer) in the Netflix series. Seems like a giant "FU" to the notion that the Defenders from Netflix will ever be a legitimate part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think this would be pretty cool casting -

rrr_img_136047.jpg

rrr_img_136048.jpg

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So Rachel McAdams in Doctor Strange is playing Christine Palmer AKA Night Nurse... which is all well and good but we already have Rosario Dawson playing a version of Night Nurse (albeit not named Christine Palmer) in the Netflix series. Seems like a giant "FU" to the notion that the Defenders from Netflix will ever be a legitimate part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Was there ever any intention for the Hell's Kitchen heroes to pop into the MCU? It's clearly the same Universe, but the whole point of the series (aside from more nifty stories) appears to be to tell super hero stories in a small, local scale, which is a direct contrast to the movies all being city, country, or world-spanning arcs.

Maybe the Spider-Man movie could bridge that a little bit I guess since he is focused in the streets of New York as well, at least to start with. As much as it could be neat to see the crossovers more directly I dunno if it makes any sense from a storytelling or grand scheme perspective. Even Agents of Shield is basically not referenced in the movies still and that has way stronger ties to the MCU movies.

Edit: Just looked at Night Nurse on Wiki, it sounds like Claire Temple (from DD/JJ) was originally just going to be Night Nurse but they went with a different name and more of a composite character. So if they're casting a Night Nurse for Dr. Strange, then either they could roll with it as a group of nurse friends or just have Dawson be her own thing.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There are like 3 different characters that have been Night Nurse. So it could end up being like a little group of nurses in the MCU.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thewriters of Daredevil confirmedafter the first season that Rosario Dawson's character wasn't allowed to be Night Nurse for this very reason:
In the comic books, three women have gone by the Night Nurse moniker; Georgia Jenkins, Christine Palmer, and Linda Carter. Claire Temple meanwhile was a love interest for Luke Cage, but when Rosario Dawson was cast, it was widely reported that she would be Night Nurse. When Daredevil premiered, that obviously wasn't the case, and talking at the Television Critics Association press tour today, Steven DeKnight revealed why exactly that is. "The feature side had plans for her down the road so that was the only time we ran into a conflict," he said when asked if he and Marvel got into any disagreements about the characters who could be used. "So we just used another name."

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol, so then the article goes on to say that no, Fox would almost certainly not involve Marvel with the X-Men but perhaps the F4. Which I guess aren't quite to the point of being irredeemably tainted.
It could still happen though. I'd give my left nut to see Infinity Gauntlet done with all of the characters that were in it originally. And the MU just isn't the same without Dr Doom, Silver Surfer or Galactus in it, let alone all the mutants being missing.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Fox has far more to gain here which is maddening. MCU can continue through Infinity Wars and beyond just fine without the X-Men. They would provide more of a completeness to the MCU than any real significant bump. Fox though? I think having the X-Men show up in two MCU movies would significantly help their product get away from the doom and gloom of their movies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's a matter of opinion, and besides the article already said it would be more likely that F4 characters could find their way into the MCU, not X-Men. Apocalypse wasn't nearly bad enough for Fox to give up on the X-Men yet. The X-Men continuity is also completely incompatible with the MCU. Aside from the world history not matching up, Apocalypse happens in 1983, the MCU is present day.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fox doesn't even want to merge their own properties, I don't see what would make them want to merge with the property of another studio

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
No it really isn't a matter of opinion. The X-men franchise is complete shit right now. They could just ignore the Fox X-men universe completely and introduce them properly.