Marvel Universe stuff

Xevy

Log Wizard
Somehow, just SOMEHOW, I think if Wakanda was Asian people in Siberia a lot of people here wouldn't be having these arguments.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
so much this. over the years i have come to appreciate Iron Man 1-3, they arent bad movies and can be a lot of fun. although the end scene of Iron Man is fucking lame. yeah i love me Jeff Bridges, but he didnt need to be in his own fucking Iron man suit to be a cool asshole. he was terrifying all on his own. that end battle was so much like the Ang Lee Hulk movie ending that i really cant believe they recycled shit from a shit movie and put it into a good movie. but i can still enjoy the rest of the film, as you said its near perfect. the Edward Norton Hulk movie i didnt like that much in the theater, same with Cap1 , but i can enjoy them now and have no ill will towards them. maybe i will feel the same way about Black Panther and Captain Cuntface. i did Guardians 2 tonight, Homecoming tomorrow and Ragnarok on Sunday. here's to hoping those two improved with age. we will see.
Fight should have ended with Iron Monger dropping out of the sky after Stark asks how he solved the icing problem.

Also, less useless screaming Potts plz.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So angry all the time. You're like Mudcrush if he drove a pick up truck.

I have never owned a pickup in my life and I am not angry. I pick on you because you try so hard to be the cool, always correct big brother to the entire forum but always end up sounding douchy and retarded.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Somehow, just SOMEHOW, I think if Wakanda was Asian people in Siberia a lot of people here wouldn't be having these arguments.
Wrong, a few people here wouldn't be having the arguement because they are actual bigots. The rest of us are nerds that go on rants because of unexplained paradoxes in fictional universes.

It is easy to ignore bigots because their posts are blatant and obvious. It is harder to ignore you and your protege Cybsled Cybsled 's retarded posts because you both try to prove how superior you are to the other forum posters but end up just sounding like you are smelling your own asses.

• 1Garbage

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wrong, a few people here wouldn't be having the arguement because they are actual bigots. The rest of us are nerds that go on rants because of unexplained paradoxes in fictional universes.

It is easy to ignore bigots because their posts are blatant and obvious. It is harder to ignore you and your protege Cybsled Cybsled 's retarded posts because you both try to prove how superior you are to the other forum posters but end up just sounding like you are smelling your own asses.
Okay

from wiki FUCKING pedia under WAKANDA:

"In the distant past, a massive meteorite made up of the element vibranium crashed in Wakanda. The meteorite was named Mena Ngai.[14] It was unearthed a generation before the events of the present day. T'Challa, the current Black Panther, is the son of T'Chaka, the Black Panther before him and a descendant of Bashenga. Knowing that others would attempt to manipulate and dominate Wakanda for this rare and valuable resource, T'Chaka conceals his country from the outside world. He sells off minute amounts of the valuable vibranium while surreptitiously sending the country's best scholars to study abroad, consequently turning Wakanda into one of the world's most technologically advanced nations"

So they got started in the 1900's. They sent out their brightest to learn from other cultures. They brought this info back and used it with the advanced material to create advanced technology.

Hey, look, I just figured out everyones complaints!

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

No, sticks-and-stones barking nonsense culture with super advanced tech would still make my eyes roll so hard I pass out, regardless of black or Asian.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh and I'm not defending the movie. I thought it was bad. It was 100% over hyped for being an all black cast and black directed. Like, I don't care if a man, woman, dog, robot direct write star in a movie. I care if it's good. It wasn't. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't up to par with what the hype was saying. It was probably in the middle or lower of the Marvel movies above garbage like Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. I didn't hate Captain Marvel, but I definitely wouldn't have rewatched it. Her character was written so poorly and never had any opposing threat that could match her that there was never any sort of threat. I'd put it probably below Black Panther because Black Panther at least had good acting from most of the cast if the movie sucked. I do laugh remembering how Chuk and the Carano-Carers wanted Brie Larson fired before the movie even came out.

Cancel culture, amirite?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay

from wiki FUCKING pedia under WAKANDA:

"In the distant past, a massive meteorite made up of the element vibranium crashed in Wakanda. The meteorite was named Mena Ngai.[14] It was unearthed a generation before the events of the present day. T'Challa, the current Black Panther, is the son of T'Chaka, the Black Panther before him and a descendant of Bashenga. Knowing that others would attempt to manipulate and dominate Wakanda for this rare and valuable resource, T'Chaka conceals his country from the outside world. He sells off minute amounts of the valuable vibranium while surreptitiously sending the country's best scholars to study abroad, consequently turning Wakanda into one of the world's most technologically advanced nations"

So they got started in the 1900's. They sent out their brightest to learn from other cultures. They brought this info back and used it with the advanced material to create advanced technology.

Hey, look, I just figured out everyones complaints!
Why are you talking about comic book Wakanda in a discussion about MCU Wakanda?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's the basis for the city and here's a Producer saying that they actually dialed it back!

"What we were very afraid of was making Wakanda almost too Kirby-esque and by that I mean making it feel almost like they’re alien and not human. The truth is they’re human. They’re just 20 or 25 years ahead of us. Having a city built on Vibranium allows them to have all these advances and have wealth beyond our wildest imaginings and that’s a big part of the movie."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's the basis for the city and here's a Producer saying that they actually dialed it back!

"What we were very afraid of was making Wakanda almost too Kirby-esque and by that I mean making it feel almost like they’re alien and not human. The truth is they’re human. They’re just 20 or 25 years ahead of us. Having a city built on Vibranium allows them to have all these advances and have wealth beyond our wildest imaginings and that’s a big part of the movie."

That producer is full of shit and I doubt anyone involved in the MCU project had anything more than the barest superficial knowledge of Wakanda.

It's literally the "we wuz kangz" sentiment turned into a major Hollywood blockbuster.

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

Having them act like animals and barking at each other probably fixed the Kirby-esque fear.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh and I'm not defending the movie. I thought it was bad. It was 100% over hyped for being an all black cast and black directed. Like, I don't care if a man, woman, dog, robot direct write star in a movie. I care if it's good. It wasn't. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't up to par with what the hype was saying. It was probably in the middle or lower of the Marvel movies above garbage like Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. I didn't hate Captain Marvel, but I definitely wouldn't have rewatched it. Her character was written so poorly and never had any opposing threat that could match her that there was never any sort of threat. I'd put it probably below Black Panther because Black Panther at least had good acting from most of the cast if the movie sucked. I do laugh remembering how Chuk and the Carano-Carers wanted Brie Larson fired before the movie even came out.

Cancel culture, amirite?
gina did her job and did it well. she didnt attack an entire race gender and age range. one is starring in a major franchise and the other got blacklisted for wanting one group to stop dehumanizing half the country.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
My problem with BP was his source of power.

Cap and all the weapon X characters are years of testing and various results. BP basically has shut growing on trees...