Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just read an article suggesting actors for the new MCU ff4 whenever that happens and it legitimately and unironically suggested John Stamos as reed and Melissa McCarthy as sue storm.

Wtf.
maybe they got mixed up with their superheroes and they were thinking of Plastic Man's sidekick from the cartoon?
Hula Hula
iu

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

I just read an article suggesting actors for the new MCU ff4 whenever that happens and it legitimately and unironically suggested John Stamos as reed and Melissa McCarthy as sue storm.

Wtf.

think would prefer Stamos over Denzel's son, who think has been campaigning for the role for a while. did like the idea of john krasinski and emily blunt as Reed and Sue, he still seems to want to do it, but she doesn't. the way it is going, full expect Reed and Ben to be black and Sue and Johnny to be Indian (dot). that is unless they go with the rumor of cucking Reed and having Sue/Namor hook up.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

The Russos have said in the past the only thing they'd really be interested in coming back to the MCU for is Secret Wars.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

The Russos have said in the past the only thing they'd really be interested in coming back to the MCU for is Secret Wars.
another thing they can blame Scarjo for. how dare people expect money for their contractual work. they are rich enough! did anyone ever imagine that corporate is now the good guy in current year?

• 1Dislike

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I hope this article is wrong about Marvel going full-woke for phase 4, but in todays hollywood climate, it's probably true.

In the words of our beloved Trump, everything woke turns to shit.

Disappointing if the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool stuff is true.

Juvarisx

Florida
Disappointing if the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool stuff is true.

I mean its not even an article, its opinion and speculation presented as fact. Shang Chi didn't bomb, Eternals was only not delayed all Marvel movies are now theater only, and the Deadpool movie is being written by Renoylds and the chicks who do Bob's Burgers which is a funny as fuck show (and yea its light hearted but it can be dark and it presents its characters as people not caricatures)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the Deadpool movie is being written by Renoylds and the chicks who do Bob's Burgers
In other words they shitcanned the proven successful writers of the first two movies to bring on two chicks who write a couple Bob's Burgers episodes a season with no other writing credit.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ryan Reynolds could say he winged the entire movie, ad libbed every scene and I would pay to see it opening night.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
In other words they shitcanned the proven successful writers of the first two movies to bring on two chicks who write a couple Bob's Burgers episodes a season with no other writing credit.

Ah yes the successes of such hit films like GI Joe Retaliation. Now they have done some good stuff as well, but my point is writing is a weird profession in the movies business. Movies that are downright awful have had writers that had written only good movies, and fantastic movies have had writers that have done garbage.

Did you know the person who wrote Argo also wrote BvS? Or How about the two writers behind the amazing LoTR movies...yea they also wrote Moral Engines. Hell the upcoming Moon Knight show is being written by the dude who did Fantastic 4 2015. Directors are the ultimate arbiter of a movie script, they can and have change them so much its ultimately not always important who wrote them unless its like Tarantino, Woody Allen or Charlie Kaufman but in those cases they usually direct their own movies. The guy who did Free Guy is doing Deadpool 3 which means he has a good relationship with Ryan Reynolds and he can do action well. Oh btw the writer of Free Guy also wrote Xmen 3 but then did the story of Avengers (exactly my point)

Im pretty sure these movies are 95% Reynolds anyways and the others just create the outline of the story. Maybe Disney hated the old writers, or they didnt impress Feige or they didnt want to work for the mouse. Whatever the case, I promise they wanted people who would follow what Marvel wanted to do, and you could do worse then the creators of Bobs Burgers

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ah yes the successes of such hit films like GI Joe Retaliation. Now they have done some good stuff as well, but my point is writing is a weird profession in the movies business. Movies that are downright awful have had writers that had written only good movies, and fantastic movies have had writers that have done garbage.

Did you know the person who wrote Argo also wrote BvS? Or How about the two writers behind the amazing LoTR movies...yea they also wrote Moral Engines. Hell the upcoming Moon Knight show is being written by the dude who did Fantastic 4 2015. Directors are the ultimate arbiter of a movie script, they can and have change them so much its ultimately not always important who wrote them unless its like Tarantino, Woody Allen or Charlie Kaufman but in those cases they usually direct their own movies. The guy who did Free Guy is doing Deadpool 3 which means he has a good relationship with Ryan Reynolds and he can do action well. Oh btw the writer of Free Guy also wrote Xmen 3 but then did the story of Avengers (exactly my point)

Im pretty sure these movies are 95% Reynolds anyways and the others just create the outline of the story. Maybe Disney hated the old writers, or they didnt impress Feige or they didnt want to work for the mouse. Whatever the case, I promise they wanted people who would follow what Marvel wanted to do, and you could do worse then the creators of Bobs Burgers
Isnt the reason why all the gi joe movies fail is because they are woke and nothing like the animated series or film?

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I personally think "X-LGBTQ+" would be an awesome name. It's pretty inclusive.

• 1Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's too bad too because I'd bet the heirs actually care about those characters. Meanwhile Marvel is going in the shitter with wokeness.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
'We got another IP!, I got a great plan to maximize its profit potential!'

This isn't surprising for another reason as well, since the rumor was that mutants were going to introduced, but they weren't going to necessarily start with an Xavier, or try to explain where everyone was, etc. If they continue down the Deadpool 3 path, the X team will be X-Force, not the X-men, anyway