Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob

he was really great in Glass Onion, BR2049, and he looks really neat in that new M Night Shamalamamalmama movie

wonder if Gunn is gonna try to fold him into DC

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure he also said he was tired of the makeup process and being shirtless. I dont blame any of them for not wanting to sit through 30 hours of makeup every couple days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

he was really great in Glass Onion, BR2049, and he looks really neat in that new M Night Shamalamamalmama movie

wonder if Gunn is gonna try to fold him into DC
How did you get through that movie? I turned it off after 20minutes.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Too soon?
Never

hke.png

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looking around it's like they are complaining they are avoiding working for Marvel cuz of pay and too much work. Then they are also complaining that Marvel supposedly blacklists any people that leave a show early or do subpar work. They also admit that Victoria Alonso, the head of Marvel VFX, is basically a Kingmaker in the industry. Saying that if you work with Marvel you are also sought after by other studios. I bet working for Marvel isn't easy, but how much of this is artists just being whiney sjw bitches that have to go back into the office 4 days a week instead of working from home?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Looking around it's like they are complaining they are avoiding working for Marvel cuz of pay and too much work. Then they are also complaining that Marvel supposedly blacklists any people that leave a show early or do subpar work. They also admit that Victoria Alonso, the head of Marvel VFX, is basically a Kingmaker in the industry. Saying that if you work with Marvel you are also sought after by other studios. I bet working for Marvel isn't easy, but how much of this is artists just being whiney sjw bitches that have to go back into the office 4 days a week instead of working from home?
I thought it was funny because the CGI Phase 4 was a massive downgrade compared to prior phases.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Didn't the snow plow accident happen because he was plowing peoples property and got stuck in a snow bank and hopped out of the truck to look at it but never actually put it in park, and the truck rolled onto him?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Didn't the snow plow accident happen because he was plowing peoples property and got stuck in a snow bank and hopped out of the truck to look at it but never actually put it in park, and the truck rolled onto him?
That is/was my understanding of how the accident occurred.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That is/was my understanding of how the accident occurred.
I thought the reason it was being investigated like a crime scene was that the snowcat should not allow that to happen, but i never really followed close enough to find out what kind of safety features the thing had.

I thought it was funny because the CGI Phase 4 was a massive downgrade compared to prior phases.
They release 2 to 3 movies a year, plus TV shows, there just doesn't exist enough good companies to cover that, let alone enough good companies that want to work with Disney/Marvel. Counterplay from the same company, James Cameron is doing 1 movie every 3 or so years (new avatars are coming out every 2 years, but the CGI for them all started 4 years ago, I believe), basically the inverse of Marvel.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I thought the reason it was being investigated like a crime scene was that the snowcat should not allow that to happen, but i never really followed close enough to find out what kind of safety features the thing had.

They release 2 to 3 movies a year, plus TV shows, there just doesn't exist enough good companies to cover that, let alone enough good companies that want to work with Disney/Marvel. Counterplay from the same company, James Cameron is doing 1 movie every 3 or so years (new avatars are coming out every 2 years, but the CGI for them all started 4 years ago, I believe), basically the inverse of Marvel.
Re Accident:
I just was agreeing that was the explanation I heard, I know nothing beyond that as I have not given it much thought nor attention.

RE CGI:
As the consumer I don't care what the reason is, the ticket price is the same. They set the bar with their CGI and now they consistently come up short. Figure it out, pay more $ so the firms can train more people or form an in house team. I don't care how you solve it, I just care that you solve it.

• 2Like

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>

i suspect ... snow plow left in drive, hits snow, deos not go anywhere . so he gets out, works on it, and then free up and snow plow advances over him

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I was just coming to post this, the report makes it pretty clear he was to survive, he got smushed good.

The parking brake was not engaged and would have stopped the snowcat vehicle, which runs on a track, as it started sliding sideways after the 52-year-old “Avengers” star used it to pull his nephew’s truck out of snow, according to the redacted Washoe County Sheriff’s Office report, filed Friday.

“The Pistenbully snow groomer began sliding causing Renner to exit the vehicle without setting the emergency brake,” reads the conclusion of the report, which CNN obtained Tuesday through a public records request.

“Although the Pistenbully had some mechanical issues, it is believed based on our mechanical inspection that the parking brake would keep the Pistenbully from moving forward. When Renner attempted to stop or divert the Pistenbully to avoid injury to (his nephew), he was pulled under the vehicle by the track and run over.”

The brake indicator light inside the snowcat’s cab was not functioning, and “mechanical issues may have been a factor in this accident,” the report also notes.

The nephew was able to help Renner until help arrived, the report states. Renner was airlifted to the hospital, where he stayed for more than two weeks, undergoing at least two surgeries and being treated in the intensive care unit.

Impairment was not believed to be a factor in the incident, the report also concludes. CNN has reached out to Renner’s representatives for comment.

Moving track pulled actor under, report states​

The incident began on New Year’s Day, when Renner towed his nephew’s truck off the actor’s driveway after it had been stuck in snow, he told investigators on January 5 while hospitalized, according to the incident report.

After towing the truck into the street, the snowplow began “sliding sideways,” then “it began to roll down the hill,” Renner said. At that point, Renner jumped out of the snowcat, he told investigators.

“Once he was off the Pistenbully, he realized it was heading directly toward (his nephew),” the report reads. “He feared the Pistenbully was going to hit (his nephew), so he decided to attempt to stop or divert the Pistenbully.”

To enter the snowplow’s cab, Renner had to climb onto its moving track and was “immediately pulled under the left side track,” the report notes.

Renner was “completely crushed under a large snowcat (vehicle)” and had “extreme (difficulty) breathing,” with “the right side of his chest … collapsed – upper torso is crushed,” a 911 call log obtained by CNN said.

“The Pistenbully rolled over him and continued down the road,” the report says. “He laid on the ground and focused on his breathing while (his nephew and others) rendered aid to him until medical personnel arrived on scene.”

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like two bad decision made in a panicked moment, which is understandable. At least he didn't Yelchin himself.

• 2Like