Marvel Universe stuff

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
2) We don't know that Ultron is coming from Stark. Please link proof ( all Ive seen is tons of websites speculating, link me the official statement from Joss himself)
Did you miss theteaser trailerthat Marvel put out for Avengers: Age of Ultron? It shows the Iron Man helmet being transformed into Ultron. Not to say that Tony Stark is responsible, it's just that it looks that Ultron's body will be fashioned from an Iron Man suit.

The rumor going around is that Stark will make some changes to Jarvis (probably at the behest of SHIELD after the events in Iron Man 3), and it all goes wrong.

1) I agree, there are plot holes and bad devices in pretty much every fantasy/action movie. The thing about most of the recent movies, including Avengers, are that the plot wholes are pretty fucking massive. I mean all the aliens just dying when their ship blows up and even though mind controlled Erik Selvig builds a back door to the tesseract? Just a few of the things that make you go WTF.
Not really. I've read speculation that the Chitauri were dead Skrulls that were reanimated and enslaved by Thanos, so blowing up that big mothership took away Thanos' control over his slaves, and they went back to being dead.

Dr. Selvig was working for Loki. Do you honestly think Loki would trust that Thanos' army would pour through the portal to Earth, take the tesseract and leave Earth for Loki to rule? That's why Selvig put the back door into the portal generator. It required the staff that Loki had in order to turn it off, that way if the Chitauri came through and Thanos decided to change their agreement, Loki could shut down the portal himself.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Collector scene had a serious Doctor Who vibe, right down to the fact that they used a TV camera to shoot it.

I wonder if this means that Guardians of the Galaxy will have a Doctor Who vibe. That seems like an interesting way to go with it, but risky.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Did you miss theteaser trailerthat Marvel put out for Avengers: Age of Ultron? It shows the Iron Man helmet being transformed into Ultron. Not to say that Tony Stark is responsible, it's just that it looks that Ultron's body will be fashioned from an Iron Man suit.

The rumor going around is that Stark will make some changes to Jarvis (probably at the behest of SHIELD after the events in Iron Man 3), and it all goes wrong.

Not really. I've read speculation that the Chitauri were dead Skrulls that were reanimated and enslaved by Thanos, so blowing up that big mothership took away Thanos' control over his slaves, and they went back to being dead.

Dr. Selvig was working for Loki. Do you honestly think Loki would trust that Thanos' army would pour through the portal to Earth, take the tesseract and leave Earth for Loki to rule? That's why Selvig put the back door into the portal generator. It required the staff that Loki had in order to turn it off, that way if the Chitauri came through and Thanos decided to change their agreement, Loki could shut down the portal himself.
look, i loved Avengers. It's the best superhero movie ever done so far

That said, you are doing just fanwaking theorycraft. Both those things are hole-fillers made by fans to fix the glaring inconsistences in the movie

i'm sure somewhere in the early scripts they put some sort of explaination for them, but it doesnt change the fact that if you take only the movie into contest, there is not logic for both these events

just give it a rest and accept that movie had massive plotholes. You can live with it

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you honestly think Loki would trust that Thanos' army would pour through the portal to Earth, take the tesseract and leave Earth for Loki to rule? That's why Selvig put the back door into the portal generator. It required the staff that Loki had in order to turn it off, that way if the Chitauri came through and Thanos decided to change their agreement, Loki could shut down the portal himself.
here's the thing about the avengers... it was smarter than a whole lot of people realize. LOKI put that backdoor into portal generator. he controlled selvig completely. there was an article that was posted, i think, back when avengers came out. it pointed out that loki's entire plan was to start a war, lose, and get back to asgard in such a manner that he would not be considered a threat.

he needed the chitauri to get him across the galaxy. he knew the chitauri would want earth, so he gave it to them. or rather, told them what they wanted to hear. in thor, loki was shown to be noble, just betrayed. he has also gone on record to point out how insignificant he thinks midgaard is. he doesn't care about earth. he cares about asgard. he doesn't want to rule earth. why would he? just because he's evil? i guess? he wants to rule asgard.

so, he promises the chitauri that he will deliver them earth but then feigns the "oh the earthlings were too strong" card, get captured in the process, get taken to asgard, then work from the inside to take over.

now... i haven't seen thor 2 so i don't know whether or not any plans moved forward for him, but i do know that in the trailers, they let him out of his prison cell.

point is, selvig didn't do ANYTHING that loki didn't let him do.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
here's the thing about the avengers... it was smarter than a whole lot of people realize. LOKI put that backdoor into portal generator. he controlled selvig completely. there was an article that was posted, i think, back when avengers came out. it pointed out that loki's entire plan was to start a war, lose, and get back to asgard in such a manner that he would not be considered a threat.

he needed the chitauri to get him across the galaxy. he knew the chitauri would want earth, so he gave it to them. or rather, told them what they wanted to hear. in thor, loki was shown to be noble, just betrayed. he has also gone on record to point out how insignificant he thinks midgaard is. he doesn't care about earth. he cares about asgard. he doesn't want to rule earth. why would he? just because he's evil? i guess? he wants to rule asgard.

so, he promises the chitauri that he will deliver them earth but then feigns the "oh the earthlings were too strong" card, get captured in the process, get taken to asgard, then work from the inside to take over.

now... i haven't seen thor 2 so i don't know whether or not any plans moved forward for him, but i do know that in the trailers, they let him out of his prison cell.

point is, selvig didn't do ANYTHING that loki didn't let him do.
This... actually makes a lot of sense.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You need to let bad guys win sometimes in a long series to give them credibility and a sense of danger, so glad it seems like they are letting Loki do his thing and not killing him off.

See: Empire Strikes Back, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm

Didn't know about the Chitauri so yes, it does make sense then. I only wish that would have been known so it didn't just look like a giant WTF we win moment.

As for Dr. Selvig and Loki, your hypothesis is again easy to understand and I agree, just wish again it would have been a little more explained in the movie. Once you think about your idea though it makes perfect sense. My hat's off to you.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
This... actually makes a lot of sense.
I agree j00t's post actually makes a huge amount of sense. We need to remember that Loki is the Trickster God, all he does is manipulate everyone to get his way. After watching Thor 2, it seems to have all worked for him as well.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully in Avengers 2 or 3 they do a "Usual Suspects" type flashback where they reveal all these awesome plans Loki laid out.

I'm sure it will never happen, because the internet usually comes up with better stories than the actual writers, so I'm sure none of what j00t listed ever crossed their minds.

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
Rhinozord

rrr_img_51250.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but that one up top is Silver Surfer. Way to go with some cross-promotions for the new Fantastic Four movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's some goblin or other.

Movie looks even worse than I expected, it might even lower the bar more than the first Amazing, which I thought was a really tall order.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I know it's green goblin. But the surf board thing looks similar to silver surfer, which is why I made the joking comment.